Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2008, 08:37 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

yea , I think they might end up being close as well, although The 209.00 price tag certainly does make the T-rex 250 more appealing atm =p . I just hope the tailcase on the Rex250 hold up better than on my Hurricane 200. As for the flybarless part, I don't really see a reason to put flybarless on somethign as small as a 200 class heli imo.

Anyways Gaui still has the chance to remain top in the 200 class as long as the V2 comes out with a lot of improvements and it's price for it drops down to around 200 or so as well.
jujiro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2008, 08:52 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Come on guys, am I the only one here who learned to fly on a blade cp, a piece of crap that would barely fly on a good day, calling it 3d is like lying to your mother.

This 250 should fly very well, yes things will happen faster, but some tricks will be eiser to do because of the quick response, just be carful setting it up, I have a compy 300 with so much power it can go out of sight before you know it.
Old 10-22-2008, 01:45 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetterick View Post
Come on guys, am I the only one here who learned to fly on a blade cp, a piece of crap that would barely fly on a good day, calling it 3d is like lying to your mother.

This 250 should fly very well, yes things will happen faster, but some tricks will be eiser to do because of the quick response, just be carful setting it up, I have a compy 300 with so much power it can go out of sight before you know it.

actually a good point there. I know for sure on my Gaui 200 I make so many errors only flying at eye level, but still have plenty of time to recover . I'd have a heart attack or something if I made half the errors on my T-rex 500 as i do on the g200 in a single flight ;p
jujiro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2008, 03:07 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

you'll find yourself flyin closer to the ground with the smaller heli than your bigger one's, that is unless your already doin mad 3d inches of the ground LOL but i'll do flips and stuff 10-15 feet off the ground with my guai200, but i'm at least 20feet or higher with my blade400. my blade400 has been down for the past 3 days so i've only been flyin my gaui200, man the blade400 feels like flyin a monster today when i took it out.
blahblah9 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2008, 07:29 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow - I really want a T-Rex 250 as well.. I have a 450 and a 500 and they are great so I'm sure the 205 will be also!

I also have a gaui hurricane 550 and recently got an EP200sd..

As others have said - it's an intermediate skill level heli.. not a beginners one...

I got my gaui 200SD brand new and unused off ebay for half price - WHY? I asked the seller... he was a beginner, bought 2 combos for some reason, crashed the first and realised quick smart that 200 size helis are not to learn on!

He sold both of them at a loss of course..

So even though I want a T-rex 250 SOOOOOOOOOO BAD! If i can manage to wait a few months - then I'm thinking there are going to be some good 2nd hand bargain 250's going cheap on ebay -

You have been advised - Caveat emptor !!!
DX7 Mode-1 | 450 pro 6s | 450 pro | Schweizer 300C Gasser Scale | T-Rex550e | Aeolus 50 | HeliX T-Rex700 fbl Gasser | HWC600 Gasser | Henseleit MPXLe | Henseleit 3DNT | Suzi-Janis 700 | Gaui NX4 | Gaui X5 | Blade 350QX
jockstrap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2008, 07:59 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

that's kinda what i'm thinkin but i also wanna wait and see what reviews this little guy gets. i already have a gaui200 so it's gotta be better in some way before i would want one, cuz i would have to sell another heli to get this one. and no it's not the gaui200 that will be sold That little heli flies as good and stable as my blade400, in half the space :dance
Old 11-03-2008, 09:46 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If you can fly a 450 you can fly a properly tuned and setup 250.
I think the problems and reports of hypertwitchy come from people with less than Ideal setups.
as My G200 is every bit as stable as my 450 using HS45s and a Hitec H5000 gyro combo it is VERY stable.
put some expo in it and make sure the mechanical setup is perfect or you will have issues.
CeeveeSiN is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2008, 03:55 PM   #48 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Hmm... We'll see if its like a 450 when its time
iflymyhelishigh is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2008, 04:41 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by iflymyhelishigh View Post
Hmm... We'll see if its like a 450 when its time
It's not gonna be very much 'like' a 450. It's not a 450.

Last edited by J-Heli; 11-07-2008 at 08:17 PM..
J-Heli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2008, 05:03 PM   #50 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Alright! Any results from any 250 owners? This thread will be able to inform smart buyers of the heli, if its good for them or if it isn't good for them. What I really want to know is if it can handle like a dumbed down 450, probably not, but I really want one O.O
Old 11-15-2008, 08:07 PM   #51 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Wow, so no ones been here. Well, I was talking to my LHS owner who said that their Align factory rep there got a 250. He tuned his to be really sensetive, and he was barely moving the sticks while it was moving really fast. Hopefully this will not be the case if it is tuned right. I really think this is going to be my christmas present O.O
Old 11-15-2008, 09:34 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

and if its the same one i know. he crashed lol. he said booms will go alot, main shaft, feathering shaft. and thats all he broke i think. he said the frames are indestructible cause of the size.
Prostarhobby.com
Dave Ketelhut is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2008, 03:21 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
he said the frames are indestructible cause of the size
good to know that

LOGO 400 VBar | LOGO 500SE VBar | Trex 600N LE VBar
Primus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2008, 04:12 AM   #54 (permalink)
Team Taco CEO

Well, I never thought I would be interested in this heli after flying an EP100, but after seeing it in person and flying one, I just need to get one just because it's sooo cute.

Flys pretty stable for it's size and are fairly 3D capable. Though I didn't push it hard as it wasn't my heli, and not many spare parts are available at the moment. Because of the high head speed and hard blades, I don't recommend flying this thing in your house, unless you have a big gym or don't mind putting dents in your furniture.

Don't Taco My Pack, Bro! ,
Why crash when you can POUND it!
fireup is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2008, 11:26 AM   #55 (permalink)

kevin, the ep100 is like a model T compared to the V2 gaui's. if you get a chance to try one, give it a shot. 200's are the shiznizzle.
rotorhead58d is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2008, 11:31 AM   #56 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Kevin, if you've flown a 450, how does the responsiveness compare? I've been asking this question for ages... LOL
Old 11-16-2008, 12:18 PM   #57 (permalink)
Team Taco CEO

Quote:
Originally Posted by iflymyhelishigh View Post
Kevin, if you've flown a 450, how does the responsiveness compare? I've been asking this question for ages... LOL
It responds a little slower than a well tune 450. power was like a weak 450 setup.
Stability is about 80% of a 450, but it's definiatly flyable and a fun heli to fly. If you don't have a good eye sight, you'll have to learn to fly tight and close as it can get away from you quick. This is from one short flight, so I'll have to get my own and put it through it's paces. Can it auto, will be one of the first test.

Don't Taco My Pack, Bro! ,
Why crash when you can POUND it!
fireup is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2008, 12:46 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

i wouldn't try to auto it till parts are plentiful LOL it may be easy to do, but i wouldn't want to do something silly like that till i had spare parts. u won't have no tail control since the tail rotors stop almost instantly on these 200 size heli's
Old 11-16-2008, 02:17 PM   #59 (permalink)

My HF Map location

So do you recommend one for a person on a 450 doing FF?
Old 11-16-2008, 06:35 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well I own all the Trexs minus the 700, I have a friend who let me fly his 700 and here is my rather new opinion... The bigger the heli the more stable, does that mean easier to fly, you bet! Now that is said, bigger helis are much harder to afford, it cost more to build them and maintain them and a lot more to crash them, so that makes them a little "harder to fly" the whole time I was flying my buddies $2800.00 pride and joy, I was thinking now would be a bad time to screw up!

So like a lot of you I started with a Fix pitch then found my way to a 450SA great teacher, but I hit a brick wall after I had the basics, the machines instability made moving into the more advanced maneuvers a challenge, when I built a 600 and then a 500 I really started to get better, and then I moved back into the 450 which was by now a 450SE JBIRD addition, now I have loads of fun flipping it around and trying new things, so I guess I’m trying to say is I don’t think the 250 will be a good first heli, I always try and steer new guy to the 500

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in