Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > FMA/Revolectrix Product Support

FMA/Revolectrix Product Support FMA/Revolectrix Factory Product Support

Old 12-18-2016, 01:08 AM   #1
raptor90wm
Registered Users

Default Bump tag setup, what is charge max c

Like the title says, what should I put in for this as I not really sure?

A friend of mine told me on my 65c pack to put in 40c for this setting, as it's more the true c .
No idea if I should have done that, but I did
Old 12-18-2016, 07:16 AM   #2
aziz76
Registered Users

My HF Map location

That is the upper limit for charging current. Typically not more that 5C for most packs. 40 is definitely way too high. You would never charge at 40C.

JETI DC-24
aziz76 is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 07:20 AM   #3
jrman83
Registered Users

Your title says charge max C. This is the max charge rate you want to charge your batteries. Factory recommendations are 3-5 or so. I choose 2C.

The other C is the c-rating of your batteries output. Can't really say for sure, but don't think it really matters what you put in the bump tag info or charger. It is just a data point I believe, but I would put in what the label on the battery says.
Old 12-18-2016, 08:46 AM   #4
KevinB
Registered Users

Put in what the label says as the max recommended charge rate. Ie: Pulse and GensAce are 5c max.
The setting just prevents you from exceeding the recommended max rate when setting up a charge. It doesn't mean you can't charge slower. My 'normal ' charge rate that I usually use is 2c. My max limit is 5c for most of my packs but I have never used that fast of a charge.
Also, this setting can't be changed once written to the BUMP tag. If you set this to 2c, the BUMP will prevent you from charging any faster.

KevinB
KevinB is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 08:46 AM   #5
RevoKelly
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrman83 View Post
Your title says charge max C. This is the max charge rate you want to charge your batteries. Factory recommendations are 3-5 or so. I choose 2C.

The other C is the c-rating of your batteries output. Can't really say for sure, but don't think it really matters what you put in the bump tag info or charger. It is just a data point I believe, but I would put in what the label on the battery says.
The max charge C is the max rate the manufacturer recommends charging the pack. Most packs say it on the back label. If u cant find it, use 1/10th the pack C rating (the max discharge rating). This is also the default value the Bump generates for you.
Note that this value sets the upper limit, so dont set it artificially low - your settings values adjust how u prefer to charge it.
RevoKelly is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 10:24 AM   #6
raptor90wm
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Totally my fault but I worded this incorrect but I meant the pack max, like the pic shows.
My buddy says if a pack says 65c but not to put in that as the pack max, as that's not the true pack max C As these are always false
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20161218-155829.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	684669  
Old 12-19-2016, 08:02 AM   #7
jrman83
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevoKelly View Post
The max charge C is the max rate the manufacturer recommends charging the pack. Most packs say it on the back label. If u cant find it, use 1/10th the pack C rating (the max discharge rating). This is also the default value the Bump generates for you.
Note that this value sets the upper limit, so dont set it artificially low - your settings values adjust how u prefer to charge it.
I saw that it uses it as the default charge rate. I will never charge above 2C, regardless of what the pack is rated. Just would not have the need to charge that fast.
Old 12-20-2016, 08:39 PM   #8
Ace Dude
Registered Users

I charge at 3C nearly all the time.
Ace Dude is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 08:53 AM   #9
Dansy
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Dude View Post
I charge at 3C nearly all the time.
Same here I charge at 3c 100% of the time.....unless I have too many batteries to do at once and I'm restricted by my generator/PS output.
Revolectrix/MeanWell PS, DPL8, PL8, 2x XP10 and Bump Contr's.
Dansy is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 09:05 AM   #10
Ace Dude
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dansy View Post
Same here I charge at 3c 100% of the time.....unless I have too many batteries to do at once and I'm restricted by my generator/PS output.
The only time I'm not charging at 3C is the first few break-in cycles, if they've been sitting unused for an extended period, or if they are cold (Winter flying).
Ace Dude is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 02:23 PM   #11
Dansy
Registered Users

During winter I charge in my heated garage before going flying.....I have a bench by a door....I can chuck them out if I see something wrong.

I do cycle them 3 time at 1c before using them.
Revolectrix/MeanWell PS, DPL8, PL8, 2x XP10 and Bump Contr's.
Dansy is offline        Reply With Quote