Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 270CFX

270CFX Blade 270CFX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2017, 01:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default First and BIG Glitch with 270

I have had about 20 or so perfect flights with my 270 and think its a fantastic little heli, so stable yet so fast and responsive, but..

Yesterday I was flying some planks and grabbed the 270 for a change of pace, on the second flight in IU1 I was carving up the sky with some fast aggressive sports flying, then it hit! I flew past myself at speed, then did a fast tight loop and as I was coming out of it I did a fast roll, and as I was turning it back towards me it started shaking itself and jumping about like it was trying to throw off its blades or its landing gear. It then did this intermittently all the way back, I could tell it might end badly, so I flicked into normal mode...no different so I hit TH and autoed it in from a few meters. Luckily a perfect landing.

I looked it over and everything was as it should have been, so I put in a 3rd battery and spooled it up, just as it was getting light on the skids but before I could launch it, it titled right big time, I corrected that but it went there again, so it hit throttle hold and it tipped into the soft ground. Checked no damage anywhere.

So I tried again but even before it got up to real speed it's swash plate veered right and I was correcting every which way, and then I thought I'll just get it in the air where it might be safer, and then it did the spinning around on the spot in the air like it didn't have any drive from the tail blades. So I hit TH again while it was going round and round in circles I luckily landed without a problem. I checked the belt tension and it seemed fine, all servos are working as they should. So I packed it away for the day.

So please what do u guys think is going on. I have had about 6 heli's with the BeastX in them and never had anything like this. At first I assumed gains too high, but that doesn't account for it titling over at take off and the heli spinning like it didn't have tail blades installed.

Cheers,
Phil

Lots of things that fly and crash!
FlyingFiz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2017, 01:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I know on my 360CFX I had to put two layers of tape on the AR7200. Otherwise it would intermittently have the RROD (Right Roll of Death). It's an easy thing to try on your 270.
BrokeDad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2017, 01:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks , so you mean additional padding under the unit, like double the 3m tape it comes with?

Cheers,
Phil

Old 05-22-2017, 05:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

It may work, but it doesn't resolve the bigger issue if that resolves it...vibrations. Should be no reason that you should have to do that.

I would check over everything and make something isn't a bit off. If everything was good I would do a factory reset on your FBL and redo the setup. At first it sounded like a servo acting up but doesn't really explain the tail not holding.

EGODRIFT Team, Lynx/Oxy Field Rep
jrman83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2017, 09:19 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFiz View Post
Thanks , so you mean additional padding under the unit, like double the 3m tape it comes with?

Cheers,
Phil
It doesn't come with 3M tape it comes with a thick padded tape. 3M is black with red plastic cover.
vronny is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2017, 06:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Check the gears in the servos, move them up and down by hand, or maybe the servo is stuffed. The ball link hasn't slipped off (back on the ball shank towards the swash I mean) which would make it very sloppy.

The only other issues I've had with these and the 360 is the extended grip arm that comes off the blade grip, comes loose, as it is only held in by one screw (I pinned mine in the end), which causes a floppy paddle and all kinds of pitch issues. Check those and the tracking. Good luck, these are normally trouble free helis. Sounds more like a servo issue to me.
Old 05-22-2017, 06:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I checked over everything last night. All servos perfect, all linkages good, swash plate nice and level at zero pitch. Swash and tail reacted as they should have when I moved the heli about

But I think it may have been a really stupid mistake on my part. The flight beforehand was with a warbird with retracts and the switch for it's retracts is the same switch for my bailout, I'm now fairly certain I was flying with this in bail out mode, and whilst the loop was big enough and fast enough to not activate it, the roll would have been and I think I may have been mid stick with the cyclic/throttle and so it cut in. Beforehand the heli was always upright and throttle was above where the bailout can work. I think for it to work you have to have the switch on and be at mid sticks.

Anyhow I took it out this morning for an early morning hover in the back yard (without it in bailout mode) and it was perfect

Cheers,
Phil

Old 05-23-2017, 04:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Put the bailout on the spring loaded bind switch, so this won't happen again. The only time I ever put bail out on a toggle switch, I lost the heli when I activated bail out, as I was confused about whether to turn it on or off, and it just kept on flying away. I see from your signature that you and I both have a disposition to crashing ... and learning.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in