Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 270CFX

270CFX Blade 270CFX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2017, 08:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Did my first piro-flip today!

So I started down the Heli rabbit hole a little over a year ago. Learned on the nano cps, 230s, and tons of sim time. I think I've done about 5,000 piro flips on the sim, maybe more. I couldn't ever figure them out with the step-by-step vids I've seen, so I just watched the sticking and got it by trial-and-error on the sim...there was one particular vid that did help.

Anyway, it was a gorgeous day, so I went flying after work. On my last battery for the 270, I just went for it and did a two piro flips in a row. Couldn't believe it. They weren't too bad either (heli's still in one piece).
I'm sure most of you can rock the piro flips, but talk about an amazing feeling. I still remember the very first RC helicopter vid I saw in Jan of 2016..I was like, "what the hell did that guy just do?"..then I got the 230s in Feb of last year.

I was on cloud 9 driving home...and one of my favorite Rush songs came on the radio too. Like a cheezy beer commercial..."man, it don't get no better than this".

to you my fellow Heli Freaks!
Inverted Hokie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2017, 08:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Congrats dude , that's awesome ! I wish I could get mine in the air lol , maybe soon I hope
ks9818 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2017, 08:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks9818 View Post
Congrats dude , that's awesome ! I wish I could get mine in the air lol , maybe soon I hope
Hope you can too bud. Did u tank it? Thankfully, I tanked my 270 three times when I first got it (bad servo once, bad batt connection, & dumb thumbs), so I learned how to rebuild quickly. Painful at the time, but glad it happened b/c I learned so much.
Old 03-25-2017, 03:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Congratulations!! It sure is a sweet feeling making those steps on complex manuvers, it opens a whole new door!! Good luck, happy flying!!!
ssschmidt4 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2017, 03:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok so now whats the secret lol.
Old 03-25-2017, 09:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssschmidt4 View Post
Congratulations!! It sure is a sweet feeling making those steps on complex manuvers, it opens a whole new door!! Good luck, happy flying!!!
thanks man!
Old 05-24-2017, 08:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
gtr
Registered Users

Congrats, I could never figure it out but I can do fake one's on the sim by spinning my right thumb and holding the rudder and guessing if I need to give positive or negative collective. No control or orientation knowlege while doing them but if I dont' crash on the sim I look like a pro... LOL.
gtr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2017, 06:19 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverted Hokie View Post
I was on cloud 9 driving home...and one of my favorite Rush songs came on the radio too. Like a cheezy beer commercial..."man, it don't get no better than this".

to you my fellow Heli Freaks!
I think the perfect Rush song for the moment would have been "Limelight"

EGODRIFT Team, Lynx/Oxy Field Rep
jrman83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2017, 08:46 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mysterious is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2017, 09:11 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Congrats!! I know the feeling - just flew inverted and some really smooth circles for the first time this past weekend with my MCPX BL. I had flipped over the MCPX before, but never held it. These were solid and felt perfect. Was happy for the rest of the weekend, and I am still grinning about it today!

Haven't been able to figure out the piro flips yet, but one day....

Trying to work on backwards flight and inverted hurricanes. Kindof like starting all over again since most of it is opposite of what I know in forward. You would think it would be so much easier than it is.
bzlytbeer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2017, 10:39 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

One year?!?!

Wow you have really put in sim time! That is amazing that you are doing such a complex move on just a year in the hobby. My brain refuses to master inverted orientations 2 years in.

Congrats I think you are proof that definitely the more stick time you get, the faster you progress.

Fly on!
Podcast host Skids Up
toadiscoil is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in