Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 270CFX

270CFX Blade 270CFX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2017, 06:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Oppions on 4S and just in general

To be honest I have not given this heli any thought since the first reports that the FBL was locked.

However, seeing the $299 price and the post by Brian Bremer regarding 4S I am having a re think.

Do any of you fly 4S. If so do you like it?
I am interested because it could share packs (4S 1300) with my un stretched Oxy3.

So please tell me about your 4S experience and just what you think of the heli in general.

EDIT: Do you find the fact that the FBL is locked very restrictive in terms of tuning and changing components?

Last edited by wab223; 05-17-2017 at 06:12 PM..
wab223 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2017, 04:21 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

It would have to go a lot cheaper for me...

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk
jrman83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2017, 05:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

^^
I hear what your saying and I appreciate your comments. But if that FBL was unlocked that deal would be great. From my perspective with it locked $299 it seems reasonable.

I could be swayed either way and hence the thread.

I try to justify my hobby purchases in one way or another. I have put my Oxy2 aspirations on hold for the immediate future. In the main because it comes to around $750 CAD with batteries and electronics. I don't know if I need it that badly.
The 270 CFX works out at $410 CAD. Not comparing the two obviously just throwing it out there.

Now that I read the above paragraph it really makes little sense to originally want an Oxy2 and then start looking at a 270. Even to me
Old 05-18-2017, 05:46 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow, are price difference that much different then the US? Both my Oxy 2s were under $500.

I said that because like you, I already have the Oxy 3. It is relatively the same, but I know without ever owning the 270, it will need parts to make it the way I am used to with the Oxy. Better servos right off the bat and would probably want a better swash, but don't think it is available. Combine that with what I'm used to for a FBL (Ikon/Brain), they would have to offer a lot lower for me to bite and even then, it would just be filling a slot I more then adequately fill in my stable of helis. Feeling that it is similar in design to the 360, I know that the list of things I would want to change would probably be more than what I list, but that is just a guess.

So for me, by time I was done I could build another Oxy 2 and would probably be happier doing that even with 2 already.

EGODRIFT Team, Lynx/Oxy Field Rep
Old 05-18-2017, 06:57 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

On the exchange rate alone $1 == 1.36 CAD. Or there abouts.

And then we pay taxes on top. Hence why I deliberate these costs sometimes. It is what it is.
Old 05-18-2017, 07:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by wab223 View Post
^^
I hear what your saying and I appreciate your comments. But if that FBL was unlocked that deal would be great. From my perspective with it locked $299 it seems reasonable.

I could be swayed either way and hence the thread.

I try to justify my hobby purchases in one way or another. I have put my Oxy2 aspirations on hold for the immediate future. In the main because it comes to around $750 CAD with batteries and electronics. I don't know if I need it that badly.
The 270 CFX works out at $410 CAD. Not comparing the two obviously just throwing it out there.

Now that I read the above paragraph it really makes little sense to originally want an Oxy2 and then start looking at a 270. Even to me
I see no need to worry about unlocking the AR7210BX (Beastx) , It works perfectly and nothing needs to be changed. Now I understand if you want to move it to another model it will cost $20.00 to make it an open stock unit. Or $80.00 to upgrade it with all the bells and whistles.
For $300 dollars it is hard to beat and you won't be disappointed.
Nytro97 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2017, 08:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Limited blade options I know that much. Have heard it's a decent heli but was told by someone who owned both that the Oxy3 you already have is better and he stripped the electronics off his 270 to give a totally fair test.

270's​ cheaper than the Oxy2 would be but also a lesser heli in the same class you already have. Less blade options, no stretch option more difficult to work on and it's close but doesn't fly as well. Don't think I could justify spending $400 on something I'm not going to like as much as what I already have.

Personally the Oxy2 costs more than I care to spend on something that size so I feel you there. That's just a personal opinion plus I don't have a flying space for it to gain me anything. If the 2 will get you more flying time it may be a better investment in the long run.

Or you could enjoy your Oxy3 and wait for a deal on a used O2 to pop up.

Anyways, doesn't make sense to me but doesn't have to. If you want it then go for it, sometimes you just have to give something a try to see for yourself.

270 forum is a ghost town and the Oxy forum is booming, that says everything I need to know right there. Twice the price yet 5x as popular speaks volumes.
Old 05-18-2017, 08:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by learnedthehardway View Post

Anyways, doesn't make sense to me but doesn't have to. If you want it then go for it, sometimes you just have to give something a try to see for yourself.
I think thats pretty much where I am at. It does not quite make sense but I am thinking I won't know for sure unless I get one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytro97 View Post
Now I understand if you want to move it to another model it will cost $20.00 to make it an open stock unit. Or $80.00 to upgrade it with all the bells and whistles.
I don't care about the rescue and the safe. So its only $20 to open it up as a stock unit. I like that.

cheers guys!
Old 05-19-2017, 04:52 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytro97 View Post
What does $300 get you and is that on top of what you already paid?

If so, really easy to beat. You could put an Brain2/Ikon2 on it with built in bluetooth even, for $200 / $165 without BT. And get free updates for life and they continue to improve on it. Diagnostic and logging capability.... Adjustability and ease of setup is worth changing, IMO.

Last edited by jrman83; 05-19-2017 at 05:08 AM..
Old 05-19-2017, 05:14 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

jrman,
He means $300 for the actual heli is hard to beat even with a locked FBL. Thats the current price for the 270 after discount.

Does anyone have a link to where spectrum gives the unlock prices. Google is failing me on this one.
Old 05-19-2017, 05:16 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good. That makes much better sense. Need my coffee this morning.

Old 05-19-2017, 05:19 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was going to link the freshly built Oxy 3 BNF (30 flights) that just sold in the classifieds for $300, but it sold last night.

Old 05-19-2017, 05:28 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have heard good things about the 270 from Gambino who really likes to push the headspeeds to the limit. It's definitely one of Blade's better helis if not their best

Wouldn't have any doubt if you didn't have the Oxy3 already. Anytime I had helis even close in size or that shared lipos the one I liked best always got the air time while the other collected dust.

This will be the exact same size and share lipos. Have a feeling once the new heli smell wears off it has a good chance of getting more shelf time than anything. 270's don't appear to sell very well in the classifieds and with the discounted price on new ones, used ones will have to sell dirt cheap to move.

If you think you could sell it locally if you end up not using it then it may be worth the gamble. Some people simply like variety whether it's justified or not. All depends on the individual, like my signature says one man's heaven is another man's hell..lol
Old 05-19-2017, 05:55 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by wab223 View Post
jrman,
He means $300 for the actual heli is hard to beat even with a locked FBL. Thats the current price for the 270 after discount.

Does anyone have a link to where spectrum gives the unlock prices. Google is failing me on this one.
In US dollars it converts to $88.00 for open full features. Here it shown no charge to change to just have a open stock unit. I read in the forums some where it was $20.00.

AR7210BX

The AR7210BX is a Spektrum DSMX receiver with built-in MICROBEAST PLUS flybarless technology. The flybarless hardware is basically the same (processor and sensors) and the functionality of the software is nearly identical to MICROBEAST PLUS. The main difference between both devices is that AR7210BX is a Spektrum receiver and in consequence can only be used in combination with a Spektrum DSM2/DSMX radio system.

The AR7210BX is sold als standalone device with basic flybarless firmware including an internal RPM governor function for electric or nitro/gasser helis. It can be upgraded by paid software update to ProEdition firmware which enables enhanced features like bailout/rescue functionality (AttitudeControl) (click here for more information). Also you can get the AR7210BX in combination with BLADE helicopters. Here a special BLADE specific firmware is installed which is preset for use with these helicopter. These devices can have different features compared to the basic firmware as part of the BLADE helicopter bundle. If you like you can convert these devices to the "standard" device with Basic or ProEdition firmware through StudioX at any time. But note that you will not be able to go back to the BLADE specific firmware as this is not offered publicly!

Firmware sets

Basic ProEdition Software version V2704 V4 V4 RPM Governor (Electro & Nitro) AttitudeControl * Upgrade Price per level - - +79,-€ ∗ limited to one AttitudeControl mode

You can buy upgrades and request updates for AR7210BX using the update functionality of StudioX. For more information have a look here.

Here's the link

http://wiki.beastx.com/index.php/BEASTX_Devices/en
Nytro97 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2017, 05:59 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

OK. You guys are making too much sense. I am out. At least for the time being.

I will go back to pondering the Oxy2.

EDIT: Thanks for the link Nytro.
Old 05-19-2017, 06:05 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Personally, I would like to fly the 270. Don't want to buy it, but just to check it out and see if it is any good. By Blade standards, I am sure it is of pretty good quality, but to see how it stacks up against a comparable class of a kit would be interesting. As good as it is, I am sure it could be much better. If they would just address why Lynx makes so much money improving Blade helis, I would definitely consider one if they offered without a FBL. Just to tinker with. However, they seem content to just let things be.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in