Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System > Align 3GX FBL System

Align 3GX FBL System Align 3GX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2013, 04:41 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

They took it down and pute it back up after about an hr.I have it on two pc's running the same os.The first one works but after they reposted it having an issue.A pop up is saying An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect fromat.It would not be listed as a new version if they pute it up to soon and there patching software bugs.The first download has crashing issues.When I updated it on my home pc the software crashed but it still updated the controller.I refreshed and opened it in a few different windows and have the download sight added to my favorites while working on other things with the heli they pute it back up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2013, 04:51 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

There is no "new version" The only download they are linking to is the same 3.1 upgrade that they posted two weeks ago. Have a look for yourself, at the top. Last modified, 3/4/13

http://ms.align.com.tw/3g_update/?C=M;O=D

"3GX_V3.1_20130403.rar 03- 4-2013 11:24"

There is no newer file.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:18 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I dont know thenIm sure they can patch up the software bugs with out changing the date of the firmware upgrade.Has nothing to do with the version its the same I am referring to the pc software interface.Something changed have it on 2 pc's one donwloaded on the fourth and one right after it poped back up now its having a new simptom as I mensioned above both pc's running exact same os weird in any case if it was just a fluke or what not idk.Not having any issues finding it now though?
Old 04-20-2013, 12:40 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote: "I am on a Mac using vmware fusion, everything else on the software works fine, just not the upgrade"

As mentioned already, your problem is probably not 3gx but the VM Fusion setup. I would highly recommend using Bootcamp on your Mac to upgrade the firmware or just use a Windows PC, it only takes a few minutes. Do not use VM Fusion/Parallels to upgrade important firmware on any device.
The other thing to mention is make sure you uninstall 3gx V2.1 first and then install V3.1 onto your PC and run the firmware update only from that version.
DX8
Dogcow is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2013, 01:08 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogcow View Post
Quote: "I am on a Mac using vmware fusion, everything else on the software works fine, just not the upgrade"

As mentioned already, your problem is probably not 3gx but the VM Fusion setup. I would highly recommend using Bootcamp on your Mac to upgrade the firmware or just use a Windows PC, it only takes a few minutes. Do not use VM Fusion/Parallels to upgrade important firmware on any device.
The other thing to mention is make sure you uninstall 3gx V2.1 first and then install V3.1 onto your PC and run the firmware update only from that version.
I tried it on my son's pc with the identical result.

Phantom 2 Vision and assorted other egg-beaters.
pixeltim is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2013, 02:17 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine is up and running with no quarks or crashing issues now.I uninstalled completely both the software and the driver to the link cable and reinstalled.I am not sure about mac users ive heard of a lot of software compatibility issues but it working for me on windows 7 64 bit.The only thing I can think to check is driver for the usb in the device manager to see if its working corectly or do a manual install
Old 04-30-2013, 10:05 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Does the tx have to be reset prior to upgrade and does the 3gx have to be set to default prior to upgrade
lastofthefew is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2013, 10:18 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: 3.1 upgrade questions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Sands View Post
don't do a firmware upgrade for ANYTHING in a VM! Do it in a native OS. That's your problem. Thankfully it just didn't let you.

I've seen people brick $6000 cameras by trying to update their firmware running windows in a VM, instead of just waiting until they have access to a pc running windows
I never had problems flashing the 3gx and Hobbywing ESCs, or running Castle Link, or my PL8 monitor software on a VM'd Windows... maybe the issue has to do with the environment.

Host: Slackware Linux 14 64-bit on PC AMD Phenom II
Guest: Windows XP Home
VM: Oracle VirtualBox

As a Mac is not a PC, maybe the hurdles the VM running there has to overcome are just too much...

Cheers!

Enviado de meu GT-I9300 usando o Tapatalk 2

Compass 7HV / Atom 6HVU / Atom 5.5 / Align Trex 500L / Spektrum DX8
ARM_Coder is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2013, 10:45 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, it works 95% of the time, it's that 5% that will get ya. Seems to be an issue with parallels running on a Mac, I've used virtualbox in the past for some PLC programming at work and went without a hitch. Every single "brick" event from a firmware flash I've heard of regarding a vm, it was Parallels every time, heh

Anyway, OP has already tried on a native PC and still has the issue, so the VM wasn't the problem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in