Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > EZNOV

EZNOV EZNOV Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2017, 04:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default SBus setup using Taranis

Has anybody got any ideas on how to set up SBus with the Neuron using a Taranis X9d plus? I am trying to set up my Align 700dfc and I do not seem to be getting very far. I have set up the mixer channels to AETR and the stick inputs are replicated on the Maestro setup app, however the motor does not respond to the throttle stick (mode 2 Heli). I have configured everything on theMaestro app but the servos seem to be all over the place. I am probably not explains this very well, but has anybody ever set up the Neuron with a Taranis using SBus and could you give me some pointers?
TRextasy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2017, 07:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello TRextasy, you mentioned that you have put the mixes in for the channels. Have you also added inputs for those channel mixes in the input section?

BTW. My signature is older & haven't updated it in a long time. I have a Taranis Plus running OpenTX.
jamespontones is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2017, 07:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

You may also want to try operating servos once you set the frequency & center pulse for your servos in the Neuron.

Also the throttle channel may not work with the ESC out of the box. You'll generally need to adjust the endpoints in the radio for the throttle channel to work with the ESC.
Old 05-18-2017, 11:18 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hi jamespontones. Thanks for responding. I think I have solved some of the issues by reversing the Aileron channel in the Maestro app. The issue now is that the swash plate moves very slowly when the cyclic stick is put back to the centre position. Also when I tilt the heli to the right (not using the tx) the swash plate moves to the right instead of the left. Any ideas what could be causing this?
Old 05-18-2017, 01:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

The swash plate tilting in the wrong direction is usually from the correction direction being backwards. That's changed in the Neuron/Maestro software.
I'll need to look back through the Neuron to see where it can be changed. I've been setting up a 3Digi, so my head has been in that.
Old 05-18-2017, 03:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am concerned about the swash plate levelling speed. On the sticks it is responsive but like I said if I put an input from the Tx lets say Aileron to the right and then centre the stick the swash takes a few seconds to return to the neutral position.
Old 05-18-2017, 03:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

The slow swash return back to level seems normal if tilting the heli & leveling it back out.
Old 05-18-2017, 03:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I also looked in Maestro a little bit ago I don't see where you can reverse correction direction. I know The Neuron is set to be more automatic & basic. One thing to check & verify is if the channel indicators go in the expected direction in the Neuron channel display.

You should also adjust your end points for the aileron, elevator, rudder channel to match either (80 - 80) or (100 - 100) on the indicated values in the Maestro channel display.

By default the default channel values for the Taranis actually exceed the Neuron values even though the Taranis has (100 - 100) by default.
Old 05-18-2017, 03:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

For instance my outputs values in the Taranis for Ail & Ele are -82.0 for low & 82 for high.
Old 05-18-2017, 04:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I will have a look tomorrow and let you know how I get on. if you think of any other tips in the meantime send them through if you don't mind and I'll pick them up Friday morning (UK). Many thanks.
Old 05-18-2017, 04:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

ok, no problem. I'm going to be busy tomorrow & over the weekend.
Old 06-13-2017, 02:19 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am hoping that I got it sorted. I will maiden it tomorrow, fingers crossed there will be no drama. I have noticed that there is a huge amount of pitch at either end of the throttle. Do I dial it out on the Maestro app or on the Taranis?Thanks for your help so far.
Old 06-13-2017, 04:14 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

You'll probably want to adjust the end point in the radio so that the value read -100 to 100 in the eznov when it's reading your radio inputs. You should also be able to tune it down within the exnov, but initially you usually wanted you radio calibrated close to what the eznov reads as values.
Old 06-14-2017, 07:50 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quick update. The heli spooled up ok but as the head spread increased the tail moved very quickly to the right pushing the nose to the left. When I had a look I could see that the tail slider had moved to the right even though the stick on the tx was in the neutral position. I moved the tail over using the stick input and it slowly moved back to the right. I have put the Neuron back onto Maestro to set the neutral position and adjust the throws through the app, in rate mode there was very little movement. This hasn't helped, when the heli is powered up in heading hold mode the tail immediately starts to drift very slowly to the right. Do you have any ideas as to why this could happening?

Tags
neuron, sbus, taranis

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in