Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > AerialFreaks Hyper 3D Quad Forum

AerialFreaks Hyper 3D Quad Forum Hyper 3D 400, Hyper 3D 280 Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2015, 10:48 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonesailing View Post
I am going to try this on my Hyper 280 that does not like 4s and see if it helps what is there to loose. It is not like AerialFreaks has offered a fix for the Hyper 280 running 4s.
They don't take care of wife's Hyper 280 I may try this also. She is trying to run 4S to share lipo's from my OXY 3's.
RichKnapp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2015, 12:38 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Maiden today and flew very great. Even with S/L and B/O set up.
We set the rates down but to far, so it was to mellow.
Going to split the difference and try it again tomorrow.

Old 09-27-2015, 05:07 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Was this with the shock mounting? 3S or 4S?
Toolman Joe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2015, 08:47 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Sorry. it was the 280, all stock with a 3s.
4s we had issues.
Old 09-28-2015, 09:05 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm still betting that the 4S issues on the 280 are caused by vibration being transmitted to the controller. The stock mounting has no vibration damping. At 4S, the motors are running 33% faster so there is significantly more vibration than at 3S. My 400 flies great now at 3S and 4S and the bailout saved my butt this past weekend. I just have to tweak the rates now because trying to flip it did 3.5 flips before it stopped inverted! All my friends were amazed that I saved it. Anyway, if you try the shock mounting, report back and let us know.
Old 09-30-2015, 12:04 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Toolman Joe, the links for your pics are not working. Also, My hyper 280, the Angle mode works fine, no flipping over or anything like that, but It wyas really bad especially when doing an inverted negative punch out. I know my props arent coming loose and spinnig. I have callibrated my ESCs, but then when I use my TX and run them and the motors up in BF I can see the numbers are out of whack, I had read the sometimes you need to tap the Naze the recallibrate the Accelerometer. I have done this, and also just from crashes from the Yawing, it seems to reset its self and fly fine some times. I have another board coming to see if that is the issue, but doesn anybody have any other ideas?
stevespirosezgoin81 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2015, 09:08 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry about that Steve. I accidentally moved the pictures. They are fixed now. The only thing I can think of besides the controller itself is if one of the motor pods is not perfectly level. That will cause yawing on high throttle. That wouldn't explain the strange behavior on the motor screen though. Good luck and let me know how it goes. BTW, for anyone looking to replace the controller, you can get a plain vanilla NAZE 32 from AMain for half the price that you will pay from Aerial Freaks. It is soldered up so all you have to do is solder the 3 wires for the satellite. The other advantage is the servo connectors are horizontal so the wires to the ESCs don't get stressed as much. -Joe
Old 01-12-2016, 05:23 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wake up dead thread.....

My maiden was pretty decent bc I had an evil genius set it up for me , but using clean flight . Was getting 3 mins on 3s and 4mins on 4s . I swapped props and wired up for fpv straight to the board . Switched out the props for some super mellow 8x4.5 and now I'm hitting about 7mins on the 4s . WOW could t have hoped for any better for sure , but I'm having some Banking issues in angle mode . Also when in forward flight and then pitching it back it is very slow to pitch straight back almost wants to level out before a steep pitch back from forward flight and same on banking it just won't hit the angles . I have max angle Inc. Set to 80% and turned up the level gain as well still won't really pitch hard like it does when off of a dead level, only has problems in flight ......

Any thoughts ?
BTW 3D is disabled, throttle running from 50-100 no reversing of esc...
gmoetech911 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2016, 03:16 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Anyone still flying the 400 over here? I had a successful maiden and it keeps on gettin better!
brolley is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2016, 11:02 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

I haven't flown mine in a few months because it is too cold but as soon as it warms up, I plan to. If the nice weather continues through next weekend, it may be sooner than later...

Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by brolley View Post
Anyone still flying the 400 over here? I had a successful maiden and it keeps on gettin better!
Old 01-31-2016, 04:17 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolman Joe View Post
I haven't flown mine in a few months because it is too cold but as soon as it warms up, I plan to. If the nice weather continues through next weekend, it may be sooner than later...

Joe
Yeah, the weather is crazy around here too. A week ago we had 30" of snow... today its 46*F. Still a lot of snow but I'm able to fly from my deck.
Reading back through, I saw you mounted your Naze on gel or foam pads. Makes sense that it needs to be isolated from vibrations. Do you balance your props and oil your motor bearings? I am mostly flying in rate mode because I like it but in Auto Level mode I can't quite get it dialed in. Sometimes it drifts a little... sometimes it doesn't. Sounds like it might benefit from some vibration damping.
brolley is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2016, 05:03 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

I haven't balanced the props but I have oiled the bearings. I think balancing the props is a good idea though. I fly in rate mode as well. The shock mounting made all the difference in the world. Before that, the Hyper would flip over and crash if you put it in angle mode. Once I shock mounted the NAZE32, Angle mode started working. I only use it as a bailout if I get into trouble.

Have you crashed at all? If so, check your arms. First, be sure the quad is on a perfectly level surface. Then, I use a 1/2" diameter bubble level and I put it on the flat spot of each of the motor mounts to be sure they are all level. Also, the props must be really tight or they slip, especially if you run 4S. Once all that is done and everything is level, calibrate the accelerometers. It's really easy for the arms to twist on the motor mounts so if it starts drifting after a crash, that is the likely culprit.

Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by brolley View Post
Yeah, the weather is crazy around here too. A week ago we had 30" of snow... today its 46*F. Still a lot of snow but I'm able to fly from my deck.
Reading back through, I saw you mounted your Naze on gel or foam pads. Makes sense that it needs to be isolated from vibrations. Do you balance your props and oil your motor bearings? I am mostly flying in rate mode because I like it but in Auto Level mode I can't quite get it dialed in. Sometimes it drifts a little... sometimes it doesn't. Sounds like it might benefit from some vibration damping.
Old 05-28-2016, 07:27 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Anyone have some SPM files for Spektrum RX for non3D flying?
Caliman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2016, 03:35 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

All you have to do is setup a pitch curve that starts at 50%. Like 50/75/100 or something like that. Joe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in