Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > King II/III/IV and CP 2/3

King II/III/IV and CP 2/3 E-Sky King 2, 3, 4 plus CP 2 & 3

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2008, 08:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Honey Bee King 2 Rudder/Transmitter Help

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone can help me with a problem that's got me absolutely stumped. I've recently fitted a new EK2-0704A E-sky Head Holding/Rate Gyro to my HBK2 along with a EK5-0081 Brushless motor, 2200mAh 11.1v LiPo Li-Po battery and a new Electric Speed Controller (EK1-0350). Everything seems to work fine except what I thought was the gyro and how it interacts with the rudder servo. Every time I started up the heli it seemed to be fine on the ground but when I lifted off, the tail would spin violently. Ok I thought, something's not set up right. After a bit of basic detective work and viewing the fantastic Finless video on gyro set up, here's what I found.

I set the rudder trim to neutral on the Esky 0406A 6CH TX. When I move the stick to the left the servo arm moves anti-clockwise (as you're looking at it). When you re-center the stick the servo arm won't re-center and just creeps back to neutral. When you move the stick on the TX to the right, the servo does nothing. If I put the trim fully right, the servo returns fine to the neutral position - but still nothing when you move the stick to the right. Then if I put the trim fully left on the TX and move the stick to the left I get nothing from the rudder servo, but if I move it right it now works and turn clockwise, then when you re-center the stick the servo moves back fine. What is going on???

It seems to me that the trim output settings/values are screwy in the TX? Unless there's something else I've done wrong, is there a way to adjust the output values of the trim on the TX? As I haven't got one of those fabulous TX's that let you program the various output values of your transmitter and servo, I don't know what to do.

Anything anyone can tell me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks heaps

James.
woomera is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2008, 09:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Further to my ititial post

Hi again,

I got some advice from someone and they told me to place the gyro in rate mode and things should sort themselves out when I go back to HH mode.

By the way, the gyro has been mounted correctly (foam backed double-sided tape in a vertical position with the type on the label oriented up and down and the gyro pins on one side). Now what I did was place the gyro into rate mode and BINGO it's working fine. However, when I switch back to HH mode the servo is now working correctly ie left to right with no probs, but it's not returning to the neutal position when I move the stick back to centre. Any theories?

Thanks

James.

Woomera is online now Send a private message to Woomera Find More Posts by Woomera Edit/Delete Message
woomera is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2008, 09:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

James, when the gyro is in HH mode the servo does not return to center. That is completely normal. Go fly it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in