Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 500 Class Electric Helicopters

500 Class Electric Helicopters 500 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2017, 10:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Warranty claim on 500X, how did you do it?

Looks like the main gear on my 500X is warped and wobbles. It was only slight during the build, but now that I have flown it, it clearly is causing vibration. Who do you do the warranty claim with? Do you do it though the store you bought it from, or with Align directly? If Align directly, can you share who or where you contacted them...., Thanks!
ghillie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2017, 11:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Align, if they are like in the U.K encourage you to go through the store or dealer you bought it from. Phoned them a few weeks back about some probs I was having with the 500x. They told me to speak to my hobby store who would then speak to them.
Old 05-24-2017, 03:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you are in the US and bought from an authorized dealer,
Contact Enterprise Hobby
aldrichg9 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2017, 03:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

make sure the hub is seated properly on the gear, and the screws are not pulling the gear out of shape.
gilligansc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2017, 04:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldrichg9 View Post
If you are in the US and bought from an authorized dealer,
Contact Enterprise Hobby
Thanks for the contact number!
Old 05-25-2017, 04:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilligansc View Post
make sure the hub is seated properly on the gear, and the screws are not pulling the gear out of shape.
A good idea....I confirmed it is the gear that is out of true. For a 16.00 part, I likely won't make a warranty claim and just order a new gear. If it ends up being something else, well then I may make a claim....thanks for the help everyone.
Old 05-26-2017, 11:37 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilligansc View Post
This /\ /\ gear. Waste of time filing a claim.
Take it apart, sometimes a burr from the screw going in will lift up and get pinned under a gear
Old 05-29-2017, 11:52 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Well, on further investigation...

I did replace the gear and that no longer wobbles, but it appears the head is bad like some have had with their purchases. You can see the wobble at the blade grips, so I'm guessing the Rotor Housing needs to be replaced. The main shaft is straight, and the heli has never been crashed. It is either the rotor housing or the feathering shaft....what say you Gurus?

Here is a video of the oscillation....

oscillation (0 min 28 sec)
Old 05-30-2017, 12:08 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghillie View Post
I did replace the gear and that no longer wobbles, but it appears the head is bad like some have had with their purchases. You can see the wobble at the blade grips, so I'm guessing the Rotor Housing needs to be replaced. The main shaft is straight, and the heli has never been crashed. It is either the rotor housing or the feathering shaft....what say you Gurus?

Here is a video of the oscillation....

https://youtu.be/N12li8DUwd4
Yup, likely the rotor hub. Only bummer part is that Align made me send in my entire head including the shaft, swash, grips, etc just to get a $25 part. Costs me about $8 to ship it, so I saved $17 bucks but cost me a week of flying.
If you can try through where you bought it, they'll likely just send you the part so I'd try that first. Amain didn't have it at the time so I had to go to Enterprise.
rlane4osu is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2017, 05:33 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for your experience on this issue....I figure I will just buy one and chalk it up to the hobby. I did contact AMain, but have yet to hear from them. If they come through by sending one, I will have an extra for a possible future crash...oops, might have jinxed myself.....
Old 05-30-2017, 07:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Means nothing unless you placed blades on it, leveled the swash and setup the head making sure the blades are exact same pitch mid stick and about 70% hover position. Also make sure the dampers don't need preloaded.
Her's a vid of a new head from a friend of mine that had to shim dampers and I got 3 myself with the same problem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in