Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 400

Blade 400 Blade Helicopters (eFlite) 400 Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2009, 11:44 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyster View Post
G401b holds as good as the GY401! $35!!! It's the BEST thing you could do for your heli.. followed by HS65HB/MG servos. Makes it feel so solid you wouldn't believe it.
Do you run the same servo for your tail?
johnson.mikep is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2009, 11:48 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2mkii View Post
I think Sokal finally figured it out... He put back on his previous motor, and guess what...did the same and WORSE. So at least we know it had nothing to do with the scorpion motor. Rather the new tail shaft... (I think he was noting insufficient rotor pitch throw.) Heck, either that or the tail belt gear ratio...

I looked over the pics & video of us flyin...and you could hear the wind coming and going...it just wouldn't play fair! I'll have something put together for everyone to see tommorrow...

...all I can say is having that many heli's in one spot, all laid out...was freakin' cool! (Mine has the trainers, everyone recognizes Blade~400~er's in the middle, Sokals new work of art at the end.) (Heh heh, when he put the scorpion motor on, the heli puked it's guts out.hee hee)

Those Thunder Power blades looked sweeeeet.

lol, man my camera SUX...lol......good photos man.....we MUST do this again sometime soon.....and hell, if i had known my goofy lookin @$$ was gonna be in all the pics id a smiled instead of looking like a putz and tieing my shoe....HAHA.....if you cant laugh at yourself then who can ya laugh at?....cant wait to see the vid bro,...let me know when that second B400 shows up
Blade~400~er is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2009, 12:57 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
G401b holds as good as the GY401! $35!!! It's the BEST thing you could do for your heli.. followed by HS65HB/MG servos. Makes it feel so solid you wouldn't believe it.
id suggest a digital tail servo
like the 290G that way u can use the digital side of the gyro
MAKE MOO BETTA
sokal is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2009, 12:59 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade~400~er View Post
lol, man my camera SUX...lol......good photos man.....we MUST do this again sometime soon.....and hell, if i had known my goofy lookin @$$ was gonna be in all the pics id a smiled instead of looking like a putz and tieing my shoe....HAHA.....if you cant laugh at yourself then who can ya laugh at?....cant wait to see the vid bro,...let me know when that second B400 shows up
yep got it figured out

the 397T belt will work on the sonic tail shaft but not on the eflite pully skips teeth
so that the reason for the piros skipping teeth

so i will either go back to the modded stock tail shaft or mod the pully gear

not sure yet
sokal is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2009, 02:08 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokal View Post
yep got it figured out

the 397T belt will work on the sonic tail shaft but not on the eflite pully skips teeth
so that the reason for the piros skipping teeth

so i will either go back to the modded stock tail shaft or mod the pully gear

not sure yet
good deal....i was kinda bummed that you didnt really fly....hell thats half the fun is watching you....
Old 02-09-2009, 02:14 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I think it was above 40 degrees here today, got to fly 5 packs! Almost crashed too! My Carbon fiber tail boom cracked on my last flight and my tail blades went from 90 to 45 and made my heli buck like crazy... Figures, oh well I had a blast and probably won't get to fly again for a while so I'll take what I can get.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:14 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Whos that in the picture?
Old 02-09-2009, 09:18 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade~400~er View Post
good deal....i was kinda bummed that you didnt really fly....hell thats half the fun is watching you....
+1 Give Sokal a nice open area, watch 'em let loose! Awesome to watch! Hopefully murphy has had his fun this time, and will let us slide next get-together!

I have tons more pics, all in high resolution, but I only had a moment to put up a few on the server...much more to come...along with video (tonight hopefully).

Glad to hear you've got the tail issue 100% narrowed down Sokal! Next time we come up I'm sure that scorpion motor will be back in, and screamin like a banshee hungry to eat up the sky!
(Blade w/Scorpion -->)

(Sly...that's Blade~400~er in the pics...)
mr2mkii is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2009, 11:58 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Whos that in the picture?

my goofy @$$
Old 02-09-2009, 04:43 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Official Flying Streak

lol....like the title says im on an official "flying streak".....today made 3 days in a row!.....thats 21 real flights in the past three days....with more batteries i can see that the flight hours are really going to start adding up which of course means wearing parts faster but im not worried, being able to fly the 400 for an hour non-stop is an absolute treat........still woking out my tail wag issues......its a bit madning as i get a wag that comes and goes in normal mode......but the minute i flick the idle up switch alll is good......im guessing the 401 really does like the constant rpms
Old 02-09-2009, 04:50 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

What's your norm T curve?

I use 00-60-70-80-90 for landings and take offs and the tail holds very well.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:54 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
What's your norm T curve?

I use 00-60-70-80-90 for landings and take offs and the tail holds very well.

lol i just made a post about this in the other thread.......is it rerally good to start with a throttle setting that high?....do you still soft start?
Old 02-09-2009, 04:59 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes.. it STILL has the numbers in it between 00 and 60! It's a curve line rememeber.. you still have ALL rpms from 0 to 90... meaning it doesn't just JUMP to 60 as soon as you hit position 2. You can still have it at 30... with the stick between positions 00 and 60.

I do use soft start.. with the Align ESC.. its a VERY soft start... but stock is fine too.

You can barley push the stick up and have it just barely going for example.

Just go easy on the spin up is all.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:04 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Yes.. it STILL has the numbers in it between 00 and 60! It's a curve line rememeber.. you still have ALL rpms from 0 to 90... meaning it doesn't just JUMP to 60 as soon as you hit position 2. You can still have it at 30... with the stick between positions 00 and 60.

I do use soft start.. with the Align ESC.. its a VERY soft start... but stock is fine too.

You can barley push the stick up and have it just barely going for example.

Just go easy on the spin up is all.
ohhhhh gotcha...
Old 02-14-2009, 06:01 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Best Day So Far This Year.....Except for the weekend fly-in of course ;)

Well Just like the title says, I had just about the best day of flight so far for the year this afternoon ...got the the feild around 3 and whos there.....my other flying buddy, he dosnt post here....i actually just happen to run into him one day at the park where i fly.....here i am pulling up to my normal flying spot and heres a Trex500 sailing over my head.....I was like no way..lol...anway here was there with his 450 and 500...both very nice birds hes got a 600electric as well......he flew 3 packs a bird...i flew 6 through the blade...at one point his 500 was chasing my 400 while we were doing circuts.....I really like flying with some one at the same time....deff fun to see two chopper buzzing around in the same peice of sky......just sux both of us are having to much fun to pick up the camera....but i do have some footage of his 600 the day that sokal came to visit..

...all in all a great day couldnt have asked for a better day weather wise either....bright sun at our backs with with light variable winds.....only one word to describes my flying today...golden....today was the first truly calm day ive flown this year and the damn things is so smooth its scary....not to mention its sounding like absolute music to my ears, it was almost turbine like .....i bumped up my normal mode throttle curve today and made it much higher and flater.....that combined with a lower gain setting has made my tail wag all but dissapear......

...THEN IT HAPPENED....(not to me thankfully)......my buddy was flying his last battery on his trex450 today and half way through the pack the belt SNAPPED! right in two.....of course the result was a helithat spun like a tornado....he did quite the amazing job of not turning into a lawn dart either.......several times he tried to save it but it just wasnt happening.....it started getting out of sight and he just decided to hit throttle hold.....needless to say it was a good 200 yard dwon range behind a tree line and fell from a good 65-70 ft.......thankfully it made it over the tree linew into the next feild and landed SQAURE SKIDS UP on a pillow size hunk of cut feild grass.......THE ONLY THING THAT BROKE WERE THE SKIDS!!!.....The flybar wasnt even bent....Blades were intact as well!......Servos fine, I think the only visible damage i could note was a bent feathering shaft!! and of course the landing skids that eneded up in like 6 peices, truly amazing stuff!......Ive got a new rule from now on.....Camera comes with me everywhere!

Last edited by Blade~400~er; 02-14-2009 at 07:31 PM..
Old 02-14-2009, 09:52 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

heres that vid with sokals twin rex and that 600e...you can hear my other flying buddy laughing at about 1:08

Old 02-15-2009, 12:12 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

that is totally awesome..
Old 02-15-2009, 12:39 AM   #58 (permalink)

Default Great Day Today

I took my son out to the play fields near my old schools and brought my heli along. Turned out to be a great day! They have 3 really nice baseball fields (groomed grass, great firm infield, bleachers and best of all they're completely fenced in. Great for keeping the morning runners and soccer kids from charging you. Plus my son had somewhere safe to sit and watch where I didn't have to worry about him.

I flew 3 packs (that's all I have right now) with some great foward flight and fast banking turns. Had to land quickly once because my son wandered back onto the field outside of where I asked him to stay. Set it down very controlled and quickly so I could talk to him.

It was fantastic. A little cold but no crashes so can't complain. I'm on a good streak with this right now. I've only been through 1 set of main blades, grips, a feathering shaft and main shaft. I also moved my sons training wheels up some more and he's doing fantastic with it. He did have a couple of crashes today but damn that kid is tough. He never cries about it.

It'd be nice to find a field without any close trees though. It's harder to see the heli when it's below the tree line and sometimes it's nice sometimes to do some low altitude circuits and stuff.
johnson.mikep is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2009, 11:50 AM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Sounds like you have a future stuntman on your hands Mike! Glad the day was nice and the flying high.

Cool vid B400er. Sounds like a few good days.

I flew three packs today, flying fast and high, all great fun. Pack 4 and 5 I had said I was going to practise nose in hovering and was doing great for half of pack 4 then had a near miss. I too quickly tried to get back to nose in without letting my nerves calm and pretty quickly binned it. Usual suspects need changing, feathering shaft and main shaft as well as boom and boom support. The only other thing bust up is the blade grips and I put this down to the fact I was flying with CF blades (tried two new sets today, reviews upcoming) and so the force absorbed by breaking woodies was transferred to the grips instead.

Oh well, s**t happens, fix her up next week ready to fly next weekend again. More Phoenix in the meantime.
- Click here to view my RC Flight Log -
ted_wears_a_hat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2009, 02:30 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Unhappy Mother nature doesn't play nice...

Dang, sorry for the mis-fortune Ted. Still it's worthwhile when it happens doing new things IMHO. Crashing due to outside forces, or even on a manuever your good at, sucks.

Well Today, I got in just two packs, and stopped fighting mother nature. When I reached the fields, it was still calm. Then, it seems when I clicked the battery connection, I swore I heard her laughing. Still, I've flown with winds since day one, so I wasn't thwarted. She'd pull a dirty trick on me today though...with one word VARIABLE.

I was doing everything I could to match the wind, leaning into it...constantly adjusting throttle. Twice it shifted, and the heli about plumeted. Even the increase in throttle wasn't enough, and the tail lightly muffed once or twice. The winds would suddenly blow good from the West, then a minute later change from the North..THEN from the EAST! WTH! After a number of close calls, I called it a day.

As I packed up the heli's, and walked back, the wind stopped. Dead calm, just like it was when I came. Sometimes I wonder...
mr2mkii is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
e-flite

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in