Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > JR Helicopters > JR Forza 700

JR Forza 700 JR Forza 700 Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2017, 11:50 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had a look at RC Depots facebook page and there is lots of chat there about them being distributor for JR products, including s limited range of helis (only the Forza 700, 450 and the E6). There are also some photos of cases full of JR transmitters and servos, plus what appear (I think) to be some heli parts:
https://www.facebook.com/depot.rc

It's kinda hard to get all the details because the Japanese to English translation is terrible, but clearly they are getting hold of a lot of JR 'stuff'.

So does this mean that JR have effectively sold their hobby business to RC Depot? I cant think of any other explanation that fits the known facts. Anyway, whatever the story it does look promising.
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2017, 09:54 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

All I could see is electronics and servo arms which leads to this posted a while back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy_Old_Man View Post
Some interesting facts (as opposed to speculation)

'JR's Sanei factory' in Malaysia is not JR's factory at all (to be fair to JR they didn't say it was theirs in the August announcement). The factory is an independent company 'Sanei Electronics Manufacturing Sdn Bhd'. They simply manufactures electronics products for JR among other clients: http://www.sanei.com.my/index.php?ws...&pages_id=8455 .

It's also key to note that Sanei is exclusively an electronics manufacturing facility. They dont advertise any capability for, or experience of, the type of CNC machining etc that would be necessary to manufacture helis or heli parts.

Now that the senei factory is sorted they (JR and RCDepot) can focus on organising the heli parts and all will be good again!

I hope...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Flyingzook is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2017, 10:13 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Jr ending the forza helis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaDon View Post
Funny everything is done third party except maybe align. SAB third party in Vietnam. Synergy third party Asia, Velos third party, and I would bet compass, msh, and wouldn't surprise me if mikado is also since the Vbar itself was made in the China area. I think that is how it got cloned if I remember right. It is going to be interesting but to say they will fail because of it has yet to be seen

I do agree on the quad comment completely tho

SAB (helis not blades) = Vietnam.... Velos = same as SAB.... MSH (kits) = same as SAB and Velos. Don't forget Oxy/Lynx. Oh, and Canomod, and Fusuno, and Zeal Blades, and AerialFreaks.

Yes... All from AVL in Vietnam. Owned by the same "family" as Pulse Ultra and HeliDirect.

It's all good. Fun toys, for sure.
Seasick78 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2017, 01:04 AM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingzook View Post
All I could see is electronics and servo arms which leads to this posted a while back...
Ahh.. I thought the red anodised things might be boom clamps, but you are right, they are probably just heavy duty servo arms. So no evidence of heli parts being made yet.
Old 01-24-2017, 01:11 AM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasick78 View Post
SAB (helis not blades) = Vietnam.... Velos = same as SAB.... MSH (kits) = same as SAB and Velos. Don't forget Oxy/Lynx. Oh, and Canomod, and Fusuno, and Zeal Blades, and AerialFreaks.

Yes... All from AVL in Vietnam. Owned by the same "family" as Pulse Ultra and HeliDirect.

It's all good. Fun toys, for sure.
There is a big difference between a business that designs it's helis, markets, distributes and supports them (but gets the manufacturing done by a 3rd party)........ And a business that totally disposes of the entire operation.
The second option appears to be what JR has done, JR themselves seem to be totally 'out of the picture' in every aspect of the hobby business.

In the short term if parts start to flow then that's fine, but long term maybe not so great.

Last edited by Smoggie; 01-24-2017 at 12:26 PM..
Smoggie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2017, 07:03 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

What can you do. Short of putting up your own money to get the parts made. I'll take what I can get.
lwnemesis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2017, 02:28 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

JR Propo did announce the RC Depot deal. Not sure I know where to find a link to it anymore. The pics of the parts I seen that I think the guy that has RC Depot posted looked like some new packaging. I don't ever remember parts from JR packaged like that

I don't think JR is out of the picture. JR Americas just got in some of the brushless nx servos because some are in stock now. They had to be made as there were none in the world
Old 02-19-2017, 12:47 AM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Jr ending the forza helis.

Has anyone heard anything new about heli parts? Starting to think I need to start saving for a align 700x... Mine is flying good at the moment tho.

Old 02-19-2017, 01:13 AM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am hoping we see Forza parts soon.

I have the 450 and the 700 and they are excellent machines.
Old 02-20-2017, 06:27 AM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingzook View Post
Has anyone heard anything new about heli parts? Starting to think I need to start saving for a align 700x... Mine is flying good at the moment tho.
I was wondering the same thing. I'd still like to add a Forza 700 to my fleet but I don't want to do so while there is risk that a trivial components such as a set of tail gears would effectively render the heli scrap because there are none available anywhere. It looks like the deal with RCDepot is seeing JR Propo radios and servos start to dribble through to some dealers, but so far no sign at all of any heli parts.

It's a dilemma because the spares situation has depressed the price of used JR helis to the point that they are an absolute steal, but it's a high risk.
Old 02-20-2017, 06:46 AM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Update, just checked the RCDepot facebook page and they have boxes of JR tags FBL units and more interestingly for my purposes, lots of tail booms: https://www.facebook.com/depot.rc

So it looks like at least some heli parts are starting to enter the supply chain.
Old 02-20-2017, 02:09 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well that's a good sign!

Old 02-21-2017, 12:40 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

A friend of mine tipped me off that Horizon has expected inventory dates for some of the JR Electronics on their website.

Things are definitely looking up.
Old 02-22-2017, 03:22 AM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Clem View Post
A friend of mine tipped me off that Horizon has expected inventory dates for some of the JR Electronics on their website.

Things are definitely looking up.
Any news on heli parts? It's absolutely ridiculous that JR have made no communications regarding heli support since the 30th June 2016......Way to build confidence for customers JR.......
Old 02-22-2017, 03:43 AM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dhelidude View Post
Any news on heli parts? It's absolutely ridiculous that JR have made no communications regarding heli support since the 30th June 2016......Way to build confidence for customers JR.......
Putting all the pieces together I think it's pretty clear that 'JR the company' are completely out of RC hobby products for the time being, hence why we hear nothing from them on their web site of their Facebook page and why their sponsored pilots have departed.
The 'legacy JR' RC hobby product range, manufacture and supply, appears to now be being managed totally by RCDepot.

If this is just a temporary situation I cant say, I doubt even JR know to be honest, I suspect it depends how the business goes.
Old 02-22-2017, 04:49 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok we will go through this one more time. JR is NOT out of business. If you looked (which ppl haven't) the new JR nxb8921 servos have been started up with some of the other servos. JR Americas has gotton a few shipments in with the last one being just last week. Bad thing is everything went out on back orders

Also if you would have read the press release they had Rc Depot is now handling their parts.. i don't think they are making the electronics for JR. Just Heli parts if I understood it correctly. If you were to notice they have gotton in some Heli parts also. Also Horizon hobbies has made an announcement that they are expecting a shipment of equipment from JR Propo next month. I doubt they would be announcing that if they were not gonna get the stuff
Old 02-22-2017, 08:22 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yea well I call bullshit
RCHN Citizan #517 (FORZA 700) (FORZA 450) (GOBLIN 500) (ALIGN 600 DFC PRO) (OXY3 285) (RAPTOR 30 V1First heli I bought in 2004 ) Jeti DS-16
Jerry1067 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2017, 09:06 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

And that is why they don't come one these sites. Oh well I tried. And I am sure you have inside information.
Old 02-23-2017, 04:01 AM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaDon View Post
Ok we will go through this one more time. JR is NOT out of business.
I didn't say that JR was 'out of business' what I said was the evidence seems to make it clear that they no longer are actively involved in the RC hobby side of the business. It seems obvious to me based on the evidence that RCDepot are now handling all 'JR product' distribution, RC Depot have actually stated this. This is also fully consistent with the statement that JR made last year about their new focus on the industrial sector.

Sure 'JR products' are arriving in dealers but they are coming from RCDepot. This isn't 'speculation', RCDepot showed boxes full of these products, including transmitters, receivers and servos arriving at the their facility for onward distribution, these photos were posted on their FB page. Of course RCDepot don't actually do the manufacture themselves, this is done by other 3rd parties which are most likely the very same ones JR used previously, so the products themselves will no doubt be identical, made to the same standard probably in the same facility.

This isn't necessarily a bad thing in the short term, as long as products are filling the shelves I don't suppose anyone is too bothered about what company is managing how they stuff gets there. In the slightly longer term obviously not so good because no new product development is taking place, but JR themselves have already stated that.

If you have any evidence that is contradictory to this please share it......?
Old 02-23-2017, 07:19 AM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok you are close. Product manufacturing is not being managed by RCdepot as far as radio stuff goes. Now the Heli parts not sure but that part might be correct there. I don't believe JR did the Heli manufacturing anymore anyway. Prolly did at one time but when the Forza come out I don't think so. If you are going to be competitive in the Heli market it is pretty much going to have to be made in the China area for now

As far as the radio gear goes. From what I have been told and this is not Internet hearsay and gossip. JR is setting up a factory in Malaysia. Now it did apear they had a plant but it turned out someone else must have owned it. So now they are setting up their own

They only have said devoplment is backing off for a while like you said. They said they are a small company and they are. This process has taken more time than thought but things are starting to move. Which is a good sign

This all had to be done to remain competitive in the market. They are not the first company to do this and sure won't be the last.

You are fairly close on your acessment. You just stated that it appeared they sold out to RC Depot or made it sound like they did. That part is not correct. In your last post right above how you stated things was more correct. They are handling distribution not radio manufacturing. It is not unusual to have someone handle the logistics anymore.

As far as long term they did say the devolpment they are doing on the industrial side will carry over to the hobby side. Which I can see that happening. Also when this is all done it should free ppl up for other stuff. That we will have to see

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in