Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Main Forum - Helicopter Talk

Main Forum - Helicopter Talk R/C Helicopters and the people who fly them. VENDOR TOPICS DO NOT GO HERE. Full Scale Heli threads go in OT please

Like Tree90Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2016, 02:16 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'll start using the app on the weekend and post my thoughts after

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Argypak is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2016, 03:29 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

What a great thing to develop! I've been around and tried several others and one I found was really fantastic. I used it for awhile and thought it had the data backed up. Went and traded in my phone, I lost 2 years worth of flight/battery/repair data. Wasn't happy about that at all and just quit using apps altogether.

The one thing I noticed about every single other app out there was that they don't allow for a case with more than just a flight battery. Both of my largest elecs fly with an Rx batt and the main flight battery. It would be very helpful to have the option for multiples per setup.
Cra-Z-1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2016, 07:55 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cra-Z-1 View Post
The one thing I noticed about every single other app out there was that they don't allow for a case with more than just a flight battery. Both of my largest elecs fly with an Rx batt and the main flight battery. It would be very helpful to have the option for multiples per setup.

+1
Also nitros have the receiver pack.... Would be hard to do though because most use 1 receiver pack for multiple flights

Flyingzook is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2016, 02:50 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cra-Z-1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingzook View Post
+1
Also nitros have the receiver pack.... Would be hard to do though because most use 1 receiver pack for multiple flights
Receiver packs are definitely on the ToDo list. I will need to define a maximum number of flights per charge, then keep count of them.

Cheers.
Stephen
RCHN #280
Goblin 700
Align T-Rex 600EFL Pro, 550E DFC and 500 PRO DFC
Blade mCPX and mSR. Spektrum DX9
RC Flight and Battery Log App
DrSteve is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2016, 09:46 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sweet!!
Cra-Z-1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2016, 04:20 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Steve, a small wish: would it be possible, while viewing the detail of a battery, swipe to go to next battery (and prev on the other side)? I found myself trying to compare the number of cycles, and finding it complicated...
Old 12-31-2016, 06:02 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

a couple more requests:

A way to graph lipo charges by capacity taken back

Be able to see cycles next to battery without entering into that battery. So that you can quickly see which lipos have been used more than others.

Maybe a way to designate two packs that get used together in series as one pack so that IR/capacity readings can be added separate under the same "battery" but they are flown as one pack. Not sure how to best implement this but its an idea.

Loving the app so far!
Old 12-31-2016, 08:17 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Started putting a few logs in today and noticed one of my flights didn't get recorded. Weird but I'll keep an eye on it

Old 12-31-2016, 08:40 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Noticed once a flight logged that batteries that have been used still appear in the battery selection for the next flight

Old 01-01-2017, 03:28 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argypak View Post
Started putting a few logs in today and noticed one of my flights didn't get recorded. Weird but I'll keep an eye on it
Is it possible you hit the back button (this is the same as cancel) rather than hitting the Save button?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argypak View Post
Noticed once a flight logged that batteries that have been used still appear in the battery selection for the next flight
I cannot reproduce that problem. Did you have 'Charge and Fly' selected? This will list all compatible packs, whether charged or not.
RCHN #280
Goblin 700
Old 01-01-2017, 03:30 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco66 View Post
Steve, a small wish: would it be possible, while viewing the detail of a battery, swipe to go to next battery (and prev on the other side)? I found myself trying to compare the number of cycles, and finding it complicated...
I'll see what I can do, but it might not be trivial without setting up a huge tabbed paged containing all of the packs.
RCHN #280
Goblin 700
Old 01-01-2017, 03:42 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes I did, that explains it

Old 01-01-2017, 03:53 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I didn't understand what charge and fly meant

Old 01-01-2017, 10:38 AM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSteve View Post
Receiver packs are definitely on the ToDo list. I will need to define a maximum number of flights per charge, then keep count of them.

Cheers.
Stephen
If you are going to get into tracking receiver batteries separately then you need to have the option of multiple receiver packs for parallel redundant operation. Giant scale and jet guys sometimes use as many as 3 onboard batteries (parallel for RX and separate ignition or jet ECU pack)

Does the fuel aircraft option allow for setting up multiple different fuel mixes and track consumption per aircraft?

I haven't downloaded it to try yet, I'll wait on the fix for the Android import from Techdad.......
Old 01-01-2017, 11:04 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looks like the individual logs only display the current year. If I choose the option to log all models I can get the full list, but the individual aircraft and battery lists only have this year's logs. The IR graph is the same way.

This should show all logs, and perhaps some filters for current year, month, etc can be a feature request.

Please let me know if this is just an issue I'm having or if others can duplicate. I'm running iOS version 1.4.1.

Edit-this might be an issue with renaming objects, it looks like renaming might cause the object to present as new.
joelr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2017, 03:48 AM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jharkin View Post
If you are going to get into tracking receiver batteries separately then you need to have the option of multiple receiver packs for parallel redundant operation. Giant scale and jet guys sometimes use as many as 3 onboard batteries (parallel for RX and separate ignition or jet ECU pack)

Does the fuel aircraft option allow for setting up multiple different fuel mixes and track consumption per aircraft?

I haven't downloaded it to try yet, I'll wait on the fix for the Android import from Techdad.......
Hi,

I'm not aware of any problems now with Android import of T3chDad's data in the current release 1.4.3. Though I am still waiting for Apple to review and release that same version for iOS (they always take a few days to review things, compared to a couple of hours for Google). If you would like me to test your T3chDad backup before you buy the app, feel free to PM me.

Currently there is no concept of different fuel types, you can configure the tank size on a wet fuel model, and when you fly you state approx. how much of the tank was used (in 10% increments). The app then keep track of the total fuel through that model. You also get a total fuel used (though I should probably separate this into nitro/gas/kerosene used).

On receiver packs, now that is getting complicated. I probably need to aim it at what I guess 90% of models flyers use, which is a single pack.

Cheers,
Stephen
RCHN #280
Goblin 700
Old 01-02-2017, 03:49 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelr View Post
Looks like the individual logs only display the current year. If I choose the option to log all models I can get the full list, but the individual aircraft and battery lists only have this year's logs. The IR graph is the same way.

This should show all logs, and perhaps some filters for current year, month, etc can be a feature request.

Please let me know if this is just an issue I'm having or if others can duplicate. I'm running iOS version 1.4.1.

Edit-this might be an issue with renaming objects, it looks like renaming might cause the object to present as new.
Can I confirm, you think renaming packs or models has messed up the logs? That should work correctly, I will need to investigate further.
RCHN #280
Goblin 700
Old 01-02-2017, 06:33 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the quick response!

I renamed some batteries, and the previous log entries no longer show up for those batteries, including IR graphing. Renaming back to the original name restores access to the old log entries but any entries under the new name are lost.

I renamed an aircraft, and when I look at the log entries for that aircraft it's blank (log icon greyed out and unclickable). If I select "log all models", the old entries show up on the list but if I click to view details the app crashes to desktop. Renaming the model back to the original entry restores access to the log entries.
Old 01-02-2017, 07:02 AM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Feature request!

-option for a dark background theme

-addition of a field on the IR test for measured capacity that can be used for logging over time. A graph for this would be wonderful, with the option to include all active batteries.

-addition of a to-do list (can be per model). Would be nice to include those items rather than using a separate app to track.

Keep up the good work!
Old 01-02-2017, 03:58 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSteve View Post
Hi,

I'm not aware of any problems now with Android import of T3chDad's data in the current release 1.4.3. Though I am still waiting for Apple to review and release that same version for iOS (they always take a few days to review things, compared to a couple of hours for Google). If you would like me to test your T3chDad backup before you buy the app, feel free to PM me.

Currently there is no concept of different fuel types, you can configure the tank size on a wet fuel model, and when you fly you state approx. how much of the tank was used (in 10% increments). The app then keep track of the total fuel through that model. You also get a total fuel used (though I should probably separate this into nitro/gas/kerosene used).

On receiver packs, now that is getting complicated. I probably need to aim it at what I guess 90% of models flyers use, which is a single pack.

Cheers,
Stephen
Actually the majority of giant scale plane and jet pilots are running multiple packs, and those communities are much larger than the heli community. However on the flip side, most gas pilots probably don't care about tracking RX pack cycles (i don't) and many use LiFe, LiIon and even NiMH still so it's not critical.

Total fuel through each model is good. It would be nice to be able to create multiple fuel types like in Techdad, because some fuel pilots carry multiple blends for different engines.

If Android to Android import is fixed I will check it out.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in