Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X Brushless Mods

mCP X Brushless Mods Blade Micro CPx Brushless Mods and Conversions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2012, 08:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Great forum - thanks everyone, I'm going BL

Hi fellow freaks

Just a big thanks to everyone who have contributed.

I've had my mCPx for some time now (I bought 2nd hand) and have never flown it well. I loop/rool/flip my 450 3D/X, but just can't with the mCPx, always bogs, blows out and crashes. After new batteries last week, and still same problem I made up my mind.

So... I've just ordered the parts for the brushless upgrade - seeing all the posts/comments on how the mod make the mCPx fly properly. Can't wait to install them and fly!

Can't understand why HH haven't released an official version of the mCPx. the little heli seems to have an enormous following, you would think HH would cash in on the upgraded performance.

1 x THESTEVE E-FLITE BLADE MCP X CONVERTER
1 x P-7A-3 EBAY BL 1-2 Cell ESC
1 x HP05 Turbo Ace 51416 Brushless Motor

All from WOW Hobbies.
Was going to order better C batteries - but being overseas doubt they would ship them.

Will post once installed and flown.
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2012, 09:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

You're going to love it.I just got a hp05s today and immediately installed it in my Mini cp. Most powerful motor I've had yet. I've only been flying for a couple of months and the Mini cp was my first cp heli. I went from stock brushed almost immediately to c05m because it bogged and sucked so much. Now the hp05s is just silly. I had to lengthen my boom 2 more inches and lower pitch down to 65% but pitch pumps are like a rabid hummingbird. Climbouts make a high pitched whistle and the heli is a dot in the sky in seconds. Haven't done any 3d yet since I ran out of daylight but I'm sure tomorrow will be awesome. You guys with hp06's and 915's officially amaze me now, lol.
itsmillertime0 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2012, 07:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I just read on another supplier website not to use stock blade grips with HP05s motor - the headspeed could be too high to safely operate.

Question: does anyone use stock blade grips with this motor?
Also, I haven't ordered a tail upgrade (I'm using the V2 tail prop on the stock tail motor) - will this be sufficient for 3D - or will the tail blow out?
Old 05-22-2012, 09:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cants View Post
I just read on another supplier website not to use stock blade grips with HP05s motor - the headspeed could be too high to safely operate.

Also, I haven't ordered a tail upgrade (I'm using the V2 tail prop on the stock tail motor) - will this be sufficient for 3D - or will the tail blow out?
the stock tail will not keep up with the hp05s, not even close. You will need a double brushed tail/120sr tail or a hp03t tail system. The 120sr works good and is very cheap, also easy to install depending on what frame you use. But it is heavy and the motor is somewhat prone to failure not to mention it throws the COG of the heli to the rear and needs to be balanced with a larger battery or counterweight to fly without consequences.

The hp03t is a small brushless motor which is very lightweight and very powerful, most claim it to be the best tail motor for bl setups but there are some diehard 120sr tail people but i just didnt like the piggyness of the 120sr tail and enjoy the hp03t.

Also the 120sr tail is very powerful and i found that if you do not modify the tail rotor any Throttle curve below 70% and the tail is actually too poweful and the rotor needed to be shaved to prevent overpowering the main rotor.
branmuffin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2012, 12:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cants View Post

Your actually better off with the stock blade grips. I have been flying my heli's for over a year, and I have thrown two blades now due to faulty bearings in the Microheli aftermarket blade grips. Never have had any problems with the stock grips. It really doesn't matter what grips you have, if the bearing breaks apart, your blade is going to go into your face. Safety glasses are always in my arsenal flying these things. Eyes are too important.
RedJoE is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2012, 08:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Thanks Branmuffin & RedJoE, great info.

Yeah - I should have sorted the tail out when I ordered the HP05s. Will sort that tonight.

Glad to hear the stock grips work, save me having to spend $$$ unnecessarily.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in