Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > TSA Helicopters

TSA Helicopters TSA R/C Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2017, 03:02 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

I understand your issues, been there before mate. But with this being a nitro heli in all, most of the models I have had (Synergy N7) don't seem to operate very well at anything lower than 1750 rpm. Not trying to say your issues are not valid as I totally understand when you have a problem that doesn't make sense. Nitro motors just don't like running outside their optimum rpm range. Running at anything higher things seem to mellow out, 1900rpm is the sweet spot. I just recently purchased a 700N platinum and will be running it with a CGY750 V2 as well. Will chime in if I have any issues which I doubt I will.

Cheers

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk
narcisstking is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2017, 08:49 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

It has occurred to me that what I am trying to do is simply not in the flight envelop of this helicopter. It is a comparatively new design and it possibly was designed to fly at higher head speeds.

With that said, I've had others PM me in regard to this thread and report that their helicopter flies fine at moderate head speeds. That gives me motivation to keep trying.

I should add that I've never owned a helicopter that flies so well at very low head speeds. My helicopter flies fine at 1,400 and below. The OS 1.05 is not as happy but it lugs the helicopter around surprisingly well. No 700 class helicopter is going to be punchy at 1,200 rpm but mine flies surprisingly well.
Old 05-23-2017, 10:54 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

It might be that your particular heli just has a resonance at that one rpm range. Only other thing with my limited knowledge of the Ikon2 (just started using them myself) is try adjusting the I (capital i) gain. This seems to be where most start the head tuning at. Keep at it.
jiminator is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2017, 09:44 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default TSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminator View Post
It might be that your particular heli just has a resonance at that one rpm range. Only other thing with my limited knowledge of the Ikon2 (just started using them myself) is try adjusting the I (capital i) gain. This seems to be where most start the head tuning at. Keep at it.
No because I can fly mine at lower than 1700 no problem with no bobble in the head.

Is the motor new
T
hat would be another question I have. A bad rear bearing can cause a vibration in the gyro that coud cause this issue as well.

matt blaisdell is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2017, 07:23 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Matt, it doesn't sound like he's having problems at lower headspeeds with the bobble only in one narrow defined rpm range. Might be a single part slightly out of spec somewhere in the rotating mass that hits a certain frequency and creates the bobble. Hopefully whatever the issue is the OP can find it and enjoy flying this fine heli. I know I like my 600n alot.
jiminator is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2017, 08:47 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am having wobble issues now with my trex 600n pro sex with ikon2 HD BT. They just popped up. If I pump the pitch the Heli will smooth out for a couple of seconds then start wobbling again. I checked my head and swash. Found that the swash plate can move back and forth in the ball links from the blade grips. Not much maybe a mm worth of movement. Another thing is I recently rebuilt my head with new spindle, bearings, thrust bearings and dampers, the hard align ones. Also switched to the ikon 2 from regular ikon. Too many variable know but it spools up perfectly then wobbles in hover. Thinking maybe I should fly it till I wreck it then start from scratch
BigBlue2012 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2017, 09:37 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

You might try lowering your head gain since you went to harder dampeners? I personally haven't had any wobble issues.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in