Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flybarless Helicopter Systems

Flybarless Helicopter Systems CSM Cyclock, Helitronix Multi-mixer, Spartan AP2000i, Firmtronix Digimix-3, Gyrobot, SK360and AC3X

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2015, 03:32 PM   #561 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default tail blowout on pitch pumps- VCTRC500 DFC

Hi Guys and Happy New Year
Have a VCTRC 500 DFC heli using the Tarot zyx gyro and on pitch pumps the tail moves right (blowouts). I am hoping someone with another trex500 heli using the same tarot zyx could share their file for comparison with mine.
Anyway, I attach my ini file, maybe something obvious pops in for someone more skilled than me...
Thanks

[section1]
PitchAgility=35
PitchGain=40
RollAgility=35
RollGain=40
YawAgility=35
YawRight=35
YawGain=86
[section2]
FixMode=1
ServoType=2
SwashPlateType=2
ServoDirCH1=-1
ServoDirCH2=1
ServoDirCH3=1
ServoDirCH4=-1
ServoAdjustCH1=-5
ServoAdjustCH2=-2
ServoAdjustCH3=-8
AileronLimit=80
ElevatorLimit=80
TotalCoefficient=-54
PitchDir=-1
RollDir=1
YawDir=1
TailPoint=-7
TailLimitA=80
TailLimitB=94
OptimizationDir=-1
[section3]
Acc1=125
Acc2=55
Acc3=125
Acc4=125
Acc5=25
Acc6=25
DeadBand1=40
DeadBand2=4
DeadBand3=60
DeadBand4=4
PitchGainD=30
PitchGainI=80
PitchGainP=70
RollGainD=30
RollGainI=80
RollGainP=70
SpinSpeed1=35
SpinSpeed2=35
SpinSpeed3=35
SpinSpeed4=35
TailCompsate1=10
TailCompsate2=0
TailGainD=30
TailGainI=50
TailGainP=80
[section1mode2]
PitchAgility=35
PitchGain=40
RollAgility=35
RollGain=40
YawAgility=35
YawRight=35
YawGain=100
[section2mode2]
FixMode=1
ServoType=2
SwashPlateType=2
ServoDirCH1=-1
ServoDirCH2=1
ServoDirCH3=1
ServoDirCH4=-1
ServoAdjustCH1=-5
ServoAdjustCH2=-2
ServoAdjustCH3=-8
AileronLimit=80
ElevatorLimit=80
TotalCoefficient=70
PitchDir=-1
RollDir=1
YawDir=1
TailPoint=-7
TailLimitA=80
TailLimitB=94
OptimizationDir=-1
[section3mode2]
Acc1=125
Acc2=55
Acc3=125
Acc4=125
Acc5=25
Acc6=25
DeadBand1=40
DeadBand2=4
DeadBand3=60
DeadBand4=4
PitchGainD=30
PitchGainI=100
PitchGainP=80
RollGainD=30
RollGainI=100
RollGainP=80
SpinSpeed1=35
SpinSpeed2=35
SpinSpeed3=35
SpinSpeed4=35
TailCompsate1=0
TailCompsate2=0
TailGainD=30
TailGainI=50
TailGainP=80
[FBL]
Preset=0
Preset1=0
ModelName=vctrc500
http://rchelistuff.blogspot.com
cofl1001 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2015, 01:44 PM   #562 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Those settings look good. How about your tail gain setting on the Tx?
Goblin Speed | iKon
Dr. M is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2015, 02:37 PM   #563 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofl1001 View Post
Hi Guys and Happy New Year
Have a VCTRC 500 DFC heli using the Tarot zyx gyro and on pitch pumps the tail moves right (blowouts). I am hoping someone with another trex500 heli using the same tarot zyx could share their file for comparison with mine.
Anyway, I attach my ini file, maybe something obvious pops in for someone more skilled than me...
Thanks
Are you sure your tail compensate collective is going the correct way. I had to use -8 on my T500. Leading edge of the tail blades should move towards the boom, when you go to full collective.
KDS 550 VBar, 550E DHPS VBar, 550E DFC Pro VBar, 700E DFC HV iKon
beenflying is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2015, 03:05 PM   #564 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Dr M and beenflying,
I use a devo10 radio and in HH mode I have 80%, 75% and rate is 45%.

I tried compensation with both + and - and didnt seem to make much difference...odd
Old 01-06-2015, 03:37 PM   #565 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes, odd. Make sure your aux function is set correctly and that you have both conditions/banks set the same and that the compensation is working in the correct direction.
KDS 550 VBar, 550E DHPS VBar, 550E DFC Pro VBar, 700E DFC HV iKon
beenflying is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2015, 03:22 AM   #566 (permalink)
Registered Users

Long time no hear , been busy with work and such...this heli(biggest i have) was supposed to be tje smoothest flier in my fleet, but so far np chance... I seem to have a vibration issue that is messing my gyro up, so neef to work on clearing it first...on the other hand my 450 flies well, still
Old 01-12-2016, 01:37 PM   #567 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borderlord View Post
Hi guys, me again.
Don't know what it is with me and fbl systems, but I am beginning to believe they hate me.
Anyway, here goes.
Got a ZYX-S2 which I am fitting to a HK500GT. When I power up, I get exactly what I expect. Three lights steady, then three flashing, then steady red or blue depending on gyro switch position.
Downloaded software from Tarot, V1.1. That installed ok, and all seems to be working.
Prepared config file as far as I could, transferred this to the unit. That went ok according to the screen.
All good so far.
The problem is I am getting absolutely no response from the servos.
Before I started I set all the servos to centre, and that's where they have stayed.
I did think maybe there was a wiring problem and the servos were getting no power. However, I manually moved them off-centre and as soon as I powered up, they moved back to centre and stayed there.
Wondered whether I should upgrade something.
The upgrade button links me to the Tarot website, which, unfortunately is in Chinese.
The English site shows no upgrades for the S2 at all.
Does any of this ring any bells with anyone?
Any ideas would be gratefully received. Couple of ounces of Semtex should do the job.
Failing that, your thoughts?
Thanks
Borderlord.

I am getting the same exact problem, does anybody have a solution? I have set my system up as the typical setup. All the servo's are working when plugged into the transmitter, but when set up according to Tarot, I get the red steady light for (head lock) position and the motor works, however servo's doesn't even sound like it is on.

I am very new to this hobby so bear with me

Thanks
SpazingFlea76 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2016, 05:35 PM   #568 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpazingFlea76 View Post
I am getting the same exact problem, does anybody have a solution? I have set my system up as the typical setup. All the servo's are working when plugged into the transmitter, but when set up according to Tarot, I get the red steady light for (head lock) position and the motor works, however servo's doesn't even sound like it is on.

I am very new to this hobby so bear with me

Thanks
junk the zyx and buy a kbar 29 bucks flies much better and easier to program
no more software for the zyx
Old 07-18-2016, 03:42 PM   #569 (permalink)
Registered Users

Seem to be unable to get the tail servo out of set up mode. Its moving at a glacial pace. I already set up the limits. Where do I go in the setup to get the tail servo out of set up mode?
CopterX 250 FBL
RCpilot13B is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2016, 05:02 AM   #570 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks to this setup guide i got my cx3x2000 in my copterx 250 to be flyable for very basic hovering and slow flight.

slowly making some tweaks to try and get the tai wag/bounce after runder input lessened (tail servo is crap though so ill never get rid of it)

The gyro isnt great so im replacing it with a kbar, but if it wsnt for this guide i would have been getting really frustrated, it pointed out my tail servo arm error (not on the closest hole to centre which greatly inproved the tail)
bazsound is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2016, 06:54 PM   #571 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a used Tarot ZYX-S2 that I purchased used from HF. I was going to use it on a project that I never got to before I sold the helicopter. Was cleaning out my drawer and found it. It has a USB dongle and bluetooth adapter. I have no use for it. FREE to a member, just pay shipping. PM me if you need pictures or anything else. Figured I post it in here since you guys use the Tarot FBL's before I post it in the Free thread.
weav01 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2016, 08:38 PM   #572 (permalink)
Registered Users

That is awesome of you Weav01!!! Thanks for thinking of us here!!! I'm sure someone has a project that could use that! I flew a first version ZYX-S for a couple of years without issue, was a good lil unit, for its cost. I have now moved on to IKON,.. but the ZYX works well!
vultage is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2016, 05:31 AM   #573 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by vultage View Post
That is awesome of you Weav01!!! Thanks for thinking of us here!!! I'm sure someone has a project that could use that! I flew a first version ZYX-S for a couple of years without issue, was a good lil unit, for its cost. I have now moved on to IKON,.. but the ZYX works well!
Yes, I have moved onto an IKON and a beast x clone
weav01 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2017, 10:32 AM   #574 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Anyone having a spare USB dongle or link cable?

The sucky roban fbl which is actually a Tarot xyz rebrand did NOT come with the USB link cable which would make my life much easier than trying to stick program it. And right now it would not even let me get into the Setup menu to change things when the ail stick was pulled to left or right according to the "manual".

So if someone can sell me a spare good USB link cable cheap instead of buying another xyz unit with the cable to try program it in Windows.

Yeah another repeated lesson of going cheap but for a couple hundred bucks air frame why would someone spend 2x on components.

Thanks
RFCXPerT is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2017, 11:16 AM   #575 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFCXPerT View Post
The sucky roban fbl which is actually a Tarot xyz rebrand did NOT come with the USB link cable which would make my life much easier than trying to stick program it. And right now it would not even let me get into the Setup menu to change things when the ail stick was pulled to left or right according to the "manual".

So if someone can sell me a spare good USB link cable cheap instead of buying another xyz unit with the cable to try program it in Windows.

Yeah another repeated lesson of going cheap but for a couple hundred bucks air frame why would someone spend 2x on components.

Thanks
yhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Tarot-USB-Adaptor-Cable-For-ZYX-3-Axis-Gyro-USA-SHIPPING-ZYX07-/141439904449?hash=item20ee79aac1:g:1EQAAOSwF1dUPti ~

running my mouth thought i was on rcg lol
happy new yr all
Old 05-01-2019, 08:09 PM   #576 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default FrSky X-series Rx S-BUS works with ZYX-S2

The following post refers to the yellow labeled Tarot ZYX-S2 only, (it very likely does NOT apply to the XZY or ZYX-S hardware versions - I have zero experience with those models).

So I recently acquired a new Rotorscale 450 heli from MotionRC, and since they recommend using the ZYX-S2 with these helis, I purchased one (before reading the massive RCG thread). I have been flying a FrSky X9D Taranis for more than five years and really like their tiny X-series receivers which provide 16 channels via S-BUS. Today I successfully connected the ZYX-S2 to a FrSky X8R via S-BUS using a single servo cable and verified all channels respond correctly on the monitor page of the PC software. (I have not yet connected any servos or flown the heli, but will be doing that soon.)

These are the steps I used to get it working:

Connecting ZYX-S2 to FrSky X-series Rx using S-BUS and one servo cable
  • Create a new 6-channel model on the FrSky Tx using AETR channel order (plus Gyro on CH5 and CPit on CH6). On the MIXER page, setup a gyro switch on the Tx (e.g. switch B) that sets channel 5 to +35 (for heading hold (HH)) and -35 (for rate mode). On the OUTPUTs page, set the PPM center to 1520 and the limits to +/-82.5 for channels 1-8 (leave all subtrims at 0.0). Reverse the elevator CH2 and leave all others at default.
  • Bind the FrSky Tx to the X-series Rx using the D16 protocol and CH1-8 (no need for CH9-16).
  • Since the ZYX-S2 default configuration from the factory is for a conventional Rx connection, and the ZYX-S2 must be fully initialized before it will connect to the PC, and it will only initialize if connected to a bound Rx, we must first connect the Rx to the gyro using a standard PCM channel - (and just one channel, CH1=Ail, will do the trick). Connect the FrSky Rx channel 1 PCM output to the ZYX-S2 Ail input using a standard servo cable.
  • With the Tx on, power up the Rx+ZYX-S2 and verify that the ZYX-S2 initializes correctly (either a steady red LED (HH), or steady blue LED (rate mode) will light up).
  • Connect the ZYX-S2 to the USB dongle using the supplied cable.
  • Install the correct "USB-to-serial" device driver on the PC. (The ZYX-S2 manuals, software and drivers are available on the support tab of the MotionRC XYX-S2 web page. The WinXP and Win7 drivers are in a subdirectory of the program ZIP download and the Win10 driver is a separate download file). Once the driver is successfully installed, plug in the ZYX USB dongle and a new COM port should show up in Device Manager: "Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port (COMnn)" - (on my Win7 box, it showed up as COM12). When plugged in, there is a steady red LED that lights up on the dongle.
  • Fire up the "ZYX-Assistant1.1.exe" program. The first time you run this program, everything will be in Chinese (or Korean?). To switch the UI to English, click on the little down-arrow-shaped Icon in the upper right corner of the application window - its right next to the minimize button. This is a drop down language select combo box - choose English and restart the program and everything will appear in English from now on.
  • In the assistant program, select the new USB-to-serial COM port in the drop down combo box. Cross your fingers and click the "Connect" button in the software. If the moon and the stars are aligned, the PC software will successfully connect to the ZYX-S2. Once successfully connected, a steady blue LED will light up on the dongle (in addition to the red LED), and a "CONNECTED" message will be displayed in the lower right corner of the app.
  • Click the SETUP button on the left side of the app then click the RECEIVER tab. Now we can set the ZYX-S2 to use the S-BUS interface - this is the "SELECT RECEIVER TYPE" drop down combo box. A message on the lower left will say: "Upload Parameters Completely" indicating the changes have been made. (I also clicked the "WriteFlash" button on the top but I don't know if that step is necessary). Here's what you should see at this point:
  • Click the "Disconnect" button, unplug the USB dongle, and power down the Rx+ZYX-S2.
  • Now we can connect the Rx to the ZYX-S2 using just one servo cable: connect one end to the S-BUS port on the Rx and the other end to the RUD input on the ZYX-S2.
  • Power on the Rx+ZYX-S2 once more and the ZYX-S2 should initialize successfully and connect fully to the Rx. Switching the gyro switch on the Tx should now cause the LEDs on the ZYX-S2 to toggle back and forth between red (HH) and blue (rate mode).
  • Connect the USB dongle into the PC and click the "Connect" button once more (and once again, cross your fingers). On the SETUP->MONITOR page of the app, you should now be able to see all the channels moving in concert with the TX. (The +/-82.5 channel endpoints on the Tx OUTPUTs page should be pretty close - modify as needed.)
  • Crack open a cold one and celebrate good times! (Then go ahead and do a complete setup using the assistant program.)

Hope this helps!

p.s. I'll report back once I've setup and flown my new Rotorscale 450 Airwolf!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ZYX-S2_SBUS_SETUP.gif
Views:	204
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	790483  

Last edited by ridge-runner; 05-02-2019 at 01:16 AM.. Reason: Added missing step
ridge-runner is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
3gys, 3x-1000, tarot zyx, zyx-s

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in