Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2017, 01:36 PM   #301 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigHB View Post
Those Turnigy servos are mostly rebrands. I knew which ones where which at one point, but I don't recall. There's some from a major servo maker and some from another small Chinese company. In any case, the rebrands are decent quality and they're inexpensive. I think it's kind of ridiculous to spend eighty some dollars on a micro-servo, ehem MKS ehem.

You need an unusually fast servo for the tail which limits options. They're not exactly a dime a dozen. I'm kind of on a "down with Spektrum" thing right now, currently moving all my radio stuff over to FrSky, but the Spektrum H3060 servo is a really fast micro-servo that's made for use as a tail servo. It's pretty well regarded in terms of performance and durability from what I've read.

I'm going to try a DS215MG V3 on the tail for my latest build, but it's probably not quite fast enough. If it doesn't work well I'll try that Spektrum servo. It may end up being the one and only piece of Spektrum hardware I still use.
the 306 seems to be doing fine now i tweaked the settings.

crashed the damn thing again doing continues flips too clsoe to the ground, big gust of wind couught it as i came out a flip and accelerated it through the flip, stop the heli angled and it shot backwords into a bench..

waiting on tail blades (40mm and 42mm) plus landing skids. also broke the maingear.
bazsound is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2017, 01:27 PM   #302 (permalink)
Registered Users

got the 250 back in the air after its silly crash.

I think the featheringshaft maybe bent,, or the mainshaft sounds likda funne especially under load.

the tail gave me problems, it lost the locating pin ages ago but was always fine. well it turned on me in flight putting the tail blades almost straight up... twice that happened.

but got the screws torqued down enough after that.

its not happy in the air. the taill was randonly wagging fast under load. reducing the gain just made the tail feel loose and made funny things happen in rolls.
I need to strip it down and reset it up mechanically
Old 06-09-2017, 07:09 PM   #303 (permalink)
Registered Users

bolt snapped in the taill when i was trying to fit it, it was no longer clamping tight down on the tail tube, guess there was already a screw broke in there..

So looks like i need a whole new tail unit, i was wanting to replace the tail shaft any, as a bonus i get new bearings aswell.
Old 06-10-2017, 12:30 AM   #304 (permalink)
Registered Users

You getting Align parts for that or just sticking with the HK stuff? I have an Align 250 Pro DFC I bought new and I try not to beat it up too much. Of course that comes at the cost of not advancing my skills very fast. Sounds like you're way ahead of me already and I think I have a year or so on you.

In any case I like the 250 because I can fly it at a small park down the street. My frankenheli mCPX I just fly in my yard. My bigger ones I have to haul out to the field. The small ones actually get the most stick time because they're so convenient.

Going to have a maiden flight on my 250 soon with a new mini-Brain2 controller and FrSky Q X7 radio complimented by an FrSky XSR telemetry receiver. No additional weight and I get telemetry plus rescue. Kind of excited about it. Was working on it tonight actually, taking a break now to browse forums. After that I have a Protos 380 still in the box calling to me.
Krager is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2017, 08:26 PM   #305 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigHB View Post
You getting Align parts for that or just sticking with the HK stuff? I have an Align 250 Pro DFC I bought new and I try not to beat it up too much. Of course that comes at the cost of not advancing my skills very fast. Sounds like you're way ahead of me already and I think I have a year or so on you.

In any case I like the 250 because I can fly it at a small park down the street. My frankenheli mCPX I just fly in my yard. My bigger ones I have to haul out to the field. The small ones actually get the most stick time because they're so convenient.

Going to have a maiden flight on my 250 soon with a new mini-Brain2 controller and FrSky Q X7 radio complimented by an FrSky XSR telemetry receiver. No additional weight and I get telemetry plus rescue. Kind of excited about it. Was working on it tonight actually, taking a break now to browse forums. After that I have a Protos 380 still in the box calling to me.

align parts only. cant be bothered messing with the copterx parts. had lots of issues the last part i replaced was the swash. i spent ages trying to stopit wobblying around. thought it was the servos (better servos helped but it still wobbles) the align swash solved the wobble.

its a mystery heli because it flew great even with crap servos but when i moved to kbar it just did not like A the crap servos and B the swashplate.

anywa, the 250 is down at the moment, i stripped servos inthe 450 and transfered the 250 servos over.

need to get a belt for it aswell.

ill either get gear sets for the hitec servos friom the 450 and use them, or try a set of cheap anologues i have

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in