Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Ladies with Helis & Heli Widows

Ladies with Helis & Heli Widows Ladies who fly Helis and Wives of Heli Flyers. Guys, please leave the new threads to the ladies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2010, 05:42 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Flew 5 batteries on Friday indoors but that's about it. Did get on the sim a couple of times though. Back to the winter routine...
I've got to get over this fear of nose-in hover. I know I can do it. But then I get the heli up and it seems overwhelming. I think if I was outdoors without all of those foamie planes around I would try it. I hate to have to wait for spring.

Lynbird is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2010, 08:48 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Well, it started raining out here and I think it's going to stick around for the weekend
I'm still getting sim time and now I have a mSR so I can play around at home. It looks like that may be all I'll get to do this weekend......bummer. I guess I'm spoiled living in SoCal. My batteries are all charged with nowhere to go!

You'll get your nose-in Lyn. Don't worry about how long it takes. I much rather feel comfortable giving it a try when the situation is right then pushing myself to do something that doesn't feel right. I always seem to crash when I'm "not feeling it." Although, I do know that my sim is harder than the real thing, so I usually feel pretty comfortable if I have it down in Phoenix.

Hasta!
Tam_T is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2010, 09:02 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well my ex/babydaddy has all the rc stuff so now i have to start from scratch cause he even has the radio he gave me for my birthday so i dont have anythin think imma try get a sim and then i have to start buyin stuff lil at a time i aint got fly in months i hope i can get some flyin in sometime soon
epoweredrcgirl09 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2010, 10:10 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Been raining like crazy here in SD. Rained like hell last weekend and I think it's gonna do the same for X-Mas. Lately, I have been flying the MSR and SR120 around in the house, practicing all of my orientations. I know it will help to have them down solid. I'm putting in a bit of sim time too. I finally upgraded to Phoenix 3.0.m. Hmmmm, hope I get more heli stuff for x-mas. You can neve have enough!
Old 12-23-2010, 09:17 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Monday night we had about 3-4 inches of snow and then freezing rain on top. It's cold, damp and dreary but it will be a white Christmas. We might get more snow over the weekend. It will be interesting to hear what everyone got for Christmas.

Old 12-25-2010, 08:29 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

I hope everyone had a great Christmas. I had the best!!! I got a 4G6S hot rod! I hovered it in the house all morning! Awesome! I love it! I also got an iPad that I am using to post right now!!!!! I am so lucky and grateful for everything. I have a great family and tha t's what matters the most. I hope everyone else had a great Christmas as well. What did everyone get?
Old 12-26-2010, 02:00 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had a great christmas.... we got a white christmas is still 3inches all trees are white this been a good christmas.... I didnt get anything rc but still got couple things i wanted.... I plan on buyin tha sim soon maybe an msr.... Is there rc stuff for babies?
epoweredrcgirl09 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2010, 09:14 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Tam,
I had never heard of the 4G6S Hot Rod. I looked it up and it looks pretty cool! I had a nice fairly quiet Christmas. The funny thing is my husband and I both bought each other the Link Maker 9000! I guess we were both tired of sore fingers building links. So we will be returning one of them. That was the only heli related item I received. We had another 4" of snow overnight so it was out and shoveling again.

epowered, what sim are you going to get?

Old 12-27-2010, 10:18 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow, I didn't even know they made such a thing as a link maker! That's pretty cool. The 4G6S is very cool. It's small enough to fly inside but very capable of outdoor 3 (not that I'm flying inverted yet). It's a handful and should really help my reflexes. Hopefully by the time I fly the mini titan again it will feel like a toy!

Well I'm at the airport right now taking advantage of the free wi-fi. The next stop is Detroit and then onto my destination of Harrisburg, PA. I have to install a couple of routers and switches, should be flying back home on Thursday. If I was going to be gone longer I would have packed the 4G6S!

Tam
Old 12-29-2010, 10:50 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Which 4G6S Hot Rod set-up did you get? I looked on-line and there are so many different configs.
Did you get to Harrisburg okay with all of the flight delays due to the snow?
Will be flying inside tomorrow and on New Year's Day. Been spending more time on the sim again.

Lynne

Old 12-31-2010, 07:57 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Lyn,

The 4g6s I got for Christmas is this version:

http://www.wowhobbies.com/walkera4g6...sandtr-24.aspx

I just asked for the basic version with the better radio but got the one with the CNC head and better motor! I am so excited to fly it as I only hovered it in my family room and then had to go on my business trip.

I got to Harrisburg just fine. It was actually a better trip than most of the other trips I have taken this year, no delays and good seats

I didn't have time to even take and use the sim since it was a quick trip that was filled with a lot of work. Ahhhhhh, so nice to be back home. I plan on flying the 4g6s around the garage today and then heading out tomorrow morning and maybe Sunday to fly as well (as long as the weather holds).

How are you progressing? I'm still trying to get all my orientations down and I haven't started on head in yet and I think you were going to be giving it a try. Let us know!

Tam
Old 12-31-2010, 12:31 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Tam,
That's the one of the ones I thought you might have received. How is the transmitter? I saw one of the Novus 125cp's fly yesterday and it didn't look too bad. It has the 3 axis gyro also.
My MT had its 200th flight yesterday but still no nose-in. No guts, no glory (or crashes). That will be my new year's resolution. I'll be flying again tomorrow indoors. Right now it is 51 degrees out and all the snow melted but it has been raining and windy. Tonight and tomorrow will only be in the 20's again.
If you are ever in the Chicago area for business pm me.
Happy New Year.
Lynne

Old 01-01-2011, 04:15 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

The transmitter is actually pretty good, the only thing that disappointed me was that with the 4g6s you have to use the 2601 mode. This doesn't give you access the the pitch and throttle curves or offer throttle hold, that kind of bugs me. I do love the heli so far, though, and it was set up to fly right out of the box. You can definitely use the 2801 transmitter to fly just about anything f you have the right receiver (the reason the 4g6s has to use the 2601 settings).

It was gorgeous out today and I flew through 12 packs! The first three I was pretty nervous as I hadn't flown in a few weeks and didn't get any sim time last week since I was out of town. But after that, all was good. If the weather hold I will fly again tomorrow, but I think it may rain. I guess I will have to wait and see.

Our company has a distribution center in Lamont, IL. I was supposed to take a trip out there in November but it ended up getting cancelled. If I ever have to go out there I'll let you know. It would be great to meet another female heli flyer!

Hope you had a good new years eve, and now a good new year to go along with it.

Tam
Old 01-04-2011, 05:04 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

I went to a swap meet on Sunday and got a great deal! Got the Scorpion motor that I wanted to upgrade the MT to for over 1/2 off and also got a bag of new MT parts, blades and a canopy that the guy had painted for hardly anything. Bid on 2 planes also but didn't get them. There were a lot of good deals there but I need to watch the spending this year. Here's the link to the Link Maker http://www.heliproz.com/prodinfo.asp?number=LINKMAKER . I am planning on redoing all of the links on the Raptor 60 as it is somewhat older.
That was great that you had the opportunity to get so much flying in.
Lynne

Old 01-05-2011, 09:27 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have never even heard of a swap meet for RC Stuff, I'd be addicted! It was definitely an awesome weekend being able to fly as much as I did. Last Saturday I was the second one there and the last to leave. I actually flew about 3 packs while out there by myself. I keep going back and forth on moving along in my heli skills aggressively versus nice and easy. I have decided as long as I feel that achievement of moving forward, then I'm good. I think you are lucky to have a spouse that's into the same hobby. It must be a lot easier since you can learn from each other. I can't wait to get out to the field again this weekend. I love this hobby!

-Tam
Old 01-15-2011, 04:23 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Flew 8 packs today. I started taking my heli to work last week so I could get some stick time in during the week at lunch. It definitely helps to get some real stick time in during the week to gear up for the weekend. I'm now starting to bail out of bad situations without much thought, thank you Phoenix!!! Hopefully, I will be out the tomorrow and fly threw another 8.

-Tam
Old 01-17-2011, 11:01 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

I flew through 10 packs yesterday! And, I was able to help a guy out setting his radio up. I guess I'm learning something

I am finally getting side in down, can't wait to get head in down and start moving on to some good forward flight.

It was an awesome weekend here in SD, almost 80 degrees. I even squeezed in watching all the football games (well, not the Bears game, c'mon, we all knew they were gonna win).
Old 01-18-2011, 12:30 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's great you are getting a lot of chances to fly! You will be progressing much faster than I am at this rate. I did get to fly indoors on Friday but that was it. I was on a quilt retreat. 4 of us rented a retreat house(over 100 years old) in a very small town about 150 miles south. We did have a great time and went to a local sports bar to watch the Packers as one of my friends is an obsessed Packer fan. Listened to the Bears game on the radio because as you said, we knew they would win. Next Sunday will be very interesting...
Had our RC club meeting last night and one of the new to helis guys & past president gave me full credit for getting him into it. He was getting a lot of flak about going over to the dark side. I just smiled.
Had to shovel snow again this am. Yuck!

Old 01-19-2011, 11:13 PM   #59 (permalink)

Default new bird

well I have not posted but i just received a new align 600 esp. (brother gave it to me) i still can not totally exploit the insane 450 that he gave me. so in all, how much of a difference is the 600 going to be compared to my 450? Is the 600 stock going to be even more insane? The 450 i have is an align pro, with the scoprion 2221-6 motor cc ice 100 530 gyro, carbon everything tt, and 2200 40 c batteries, dx8 radio. the only non stock on my 600 is the gyro its a futaba new 701. i have not built this thing yet either. the batteries i have are hyperion 6c 5000 50c. so if any ladies could help me out by all means.

sarah
sarah1097 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2011, 11:55 AM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Sarah,
Welcome. Your 450 sounds like it would be a little wild. I think you will be pleased with the 600. It will be more stable and easier to fly. My Raptor 60 weighs 10 lbs and I think of it as flying a truck. When I get back on the Mini-Titan there is quite a difference. My husband and I just bought a Rave 450 and the collective reacts much faster than the MT. It's probably more like your 450 as it also has the Scorpion 2221-6. It will take a little getting used to. Have fun.
Lyn

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in