Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics

JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics JR and Spektrum Radios, Gyros, Servos, Etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2017, 08:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Question for the Spektrum gods on the AR7700

I purchased and implemented the AR7700 serial receiver and satellite into a new Align trex 700 build. Went with it because of it SRXL ability with the MicroBeast Plus flybarless controller which it works beautifully at. I'm now realizing they call this a multi rotor RX. Will it have the range adequate for a 700 size heli? Spektrum lists it as DSMX, 11ms, full range.
RevToTheRedline is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2017, 08:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I fly one on my 600 with no issues. With proper mounting it is a great rx.
Bm421 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2017, 08:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

What's your mounting situation? I'm setup right now with the satellite on the boom mount, and receiver on nose radio tray. Any suggestions on how I should orient the rx antenna?
RevToTheRedline is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2017, 09:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have it on the tail boom mount and the sat out on the boom. I will do the boom or bottom of heli with heat shrink to keep the antennas out away from carbon. The rx antenna I have them mounted perpendicular to sat antenna
Bm421 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2017, 11:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Fly the same setup on my 700x, wednesday i flew a bit more than 1/4 mile down field and back without any issues. About the furthest I was willing to try!
Old 05-21-2017, 02:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevToTheRedline View Post
I purchased and implemented the AR7700 serial receiver and satellite into a new Align trex 700 build. Went with it because of it SRXL ability with the MicroBeast Plus flybarless controller which it works beautifully at. I'm now realizing they call this a multi rotor RX. Will it have the range adequate for a 700 size heli? Spektrum lists it as DSMX, 11ms, full range.
Follow this thread:
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...=770899&page=9

MiguelAlvarez joins the thread with explanations why the SPM4649T "quad racer" bi-directional SRXL receiver is not a good choice for a 500-size or bigger heli.

Why did I post that here when you are asking question about the AR7700?
Because he details what is missing from the APM4649T that would make it a good receiver for a 700.

The AR7700 is not missing of what he considers the key features.
The AR7700 has the fast reconnect
The AR7700 has the 2nd receiver
The AR7700 has large capacitors on the servo power rail.

I wouldn't use it because it doesn't have telemetry.
I would use the AR6600T though. It currently supports telemetry and input-only SRXL. But, according to MiguelAlvarez, the next firmware upgrade for the AR6600 will support bi-directional SRXL

But the Beast-like gyros don't support any telemetry so you cannot get the real-time ESC / gyro data.
And, if your transmitter doesn't support telemetry, then that wouldn't matter anyway.

IMHO: If you have a transmitter that supports telemetry, you should be buying only telemetry enabled receivers and devices

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in