Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Engines and Mufflers

Engines and Mufflers Having problems or need advice on Engines or Mufflers?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2017, 01:38 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Maybe it means that they replaced the ring and it still would not run. So, in the interest of time and money (your money of course), it must be the reg and/or carb.

Hell, there probably right, what else is there.

Clear as mud.
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2017, 02:17 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Have to say I had issues with the os55-hzr in the past too. Just couldn't get it started at the field and several of us tried. I just stuck the backplate and carb from an unregulated os-55hz on there and no issues since then, and it runs great. I don't see the benefit of a regulator on a 55.
gtak is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2017, 09:08 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Do you see the benefit of a regulator on a 105 ?
Four Stroker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2017, 10:13 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Little update. Received the new replacement OS55hzr from OSengines a couple weeks ago. While the motor was out of the frame I went through the entire fuel system and replaced all lines, clunk line, checked the tank for leaks, etc. Replaced with new check valve as well.

Got 9 trouble free flights on the machine this past weekend. Broke it in on throttle curves for the first 6 tanks and then engaged the Beastx governor. Its still running on the rich side at 2000rpm, but looked about right at 2100rpm -2200rpm when I switched on the governor. Temps measured on the motor casing just before the heatsink are right at 160 degrees after landing so I can lean it a bit more for the next gallon.

So far so good. I will be starting my nitro's every couple of weeks now to make sure I don't end up with a bum motor again.
OXY rep

Last edited by DCflyer; 06-05-2017 at 10:59 AM..
DCflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2017, 08:29 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did you have to pay for new engine?

So far so good.

A fellow club mate landed his model and the engine just quit without staying at idle. The ring on that engine was broken. It had been running fine for ages and no real reason as to why. Maybe it got caught in one of the ports.
Andy from Sandy is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2017, 10:40 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy from Sandy View Post
Did you have to pay for new engine?

So far so good.

A fellow club mate landed his model and the engine just quit without staying at idle. The ring on that engine was broken. It had been running fine for ages and no real reason as to why. Maybe it got caught in one of the ports.
I bought the engine NIB but it didn't have the original receipt so I had to buy the new engine at an exchange rate which was $250 If I remember correctly. Always ask for the purchase receipt when buying stuff. I'll remember that now.
OXY rep
DCflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in