Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 100 Class Electric Helicopters

100 Class Electric Helicopters 100 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2017, 04:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Talking 100S required mods

Birdband, main gear and tail motor screw, I decided to do before I even do the maiden flight.
For the main gear I did both double the gear and strengthen the hub. For the hub I simply phoned a shop that specializes in supplying seals for industrial hydraulic cylinders.(There should be such a "seal house" near you) I got mine from "sealsonline.com"
Same place can also supply you the 001 & 002 size silicone and neoprene o-rings for the rod link dampeners.
They are able to machine Teflon and other plastics to exact dimensions. I gave them the ID , OD and height (width) and the next day I had 3 made of Teflon that cost next to nothing. I used a sharp razor knife to cut the bottom off one gear and the top off another, glued them together, popped on one of my Teflon bushings and voila!!!
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	700232

Then I went to complete the tail motor screw mod and Holy $h!t!!! ... NO WAY!!!.... It's already done!
Seems to me, HiSky actually listens to their customers feedback and quickly responds with design improvements ... WoW!
I've had a couple heli's from Blade(E-flight) and all 4 of them have been fragile money pits. Sure HH has better than average customer support but this is only cause they can afford it because all there parts are 5 to 10 times more expensive.
With HiSky , I don't have to feel privileged to get something replaced under warranty because the parts are so damn cheap I can just stock up on all the parts. My more recent bird the nano CPS cost me $12.99 + tax for ONE set of main blades at my LHS(closest one is a hour and a half drive each way)
I baught TEN sets for my 100S for $20.08 no tax free shipping to my door.
Most people seem scared or something to order direct from China because of quality concerns but I argue that almost everyone shops at Walmart and most everything you'll find in there is made from China.
I was outta the hobby for several years and the advancements in tech are simply amazing ! Take that and pair it with a web store like banggood , and I'm totally in heaven now a days. Lol
Regards,
Dan
Rockandroll13 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2017, 11:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm with you on the HCP 100s. It has it's weak points but overall it is a great practice helicopter, durable as hell and cheap to repair. I also agree with you about Banggood. It is hard to beat the deals they have and as long as it is not a Chinese holiday, shipping is fairly quick.
I am tired of all of the Hippocrates.
wayneabonga is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
hcp100s, hisky, main gear

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in