Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 200SRX

200SRX Blade 200SRX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2017, 09:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Kiwi-craig triblades

okay, my two SRX 200 triblades.

bird one Rakon head, with EH200 4100 kv motor, 14T ! pinion, rocket ship to fly

Maximum head speed, a stonking 4256 RPM !!! static thrust test 700 grams, flying weight 290 grams, thats decent thrust to weight = 2.14 times ! 150mm blades.

bird two. Microheli head with modified stock 6 degree main blades and repitched head setup to suit, stock motor,stock 11t pinion (tried a 13t but the rotor is just to loaded with the 3 blades) feels smooth and fast.

Maximum head speed 3074 rpm. static thrust, hit 900 grams then pulled back to 800 grams constant !!!~ 2.71 thrust to weight !!!

currently the pitch is still a bit steep and more adjustments needed should see the rpm go up. The stock motor has good torque and thrives in the higher loads, where as the EH200 is a revver and loves the shorter blades on the stock rakon setup.......

both fly superb, not going back to a stocker now.........

with the stock drive line and 8 degree xtreme blades we saw around 3600 rpm, jumping to a 13T we saw 3800 rpm and a big improvement in how it flew. 14 T was better but the rpm gain tampered off, maybe 3875. For fp birds they seem best in the 70 to 80 efficency range, above 80 means your under geared and below 70 your over geared. no thrust test though.

See spreadsheet data below. efficiency = max thrusted loaded rpm / unload rpm (based on Kv by volts - found this to be pretty close)

The tri blades stonk! two different builds, two different machines, I like BOTH !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	161
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	703385   Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	134.9 KB
ID:	703386  

Last edited by kiwi-craig; 04-17-2017 at 01:59 AM..
kiwi-craig is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2017, 05:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default I've read your post for a long time.....

Over on rcgroups and here, but I can't remember seeing any posts about collective pitch helis in your fleet.

With all your mods and experience on FP, have you done anything with a CP model? Appears you have mastered everything about FP.

No interference intended but with your skills, if you have not jumped into CP, you are only having half the fun!

I too started with 911, 912, 913 etc. 200srx, (2, 3, and 5 blade Rakon scratch builds) then I made the move to CP and only rarely fly my FP helis.

Again, no criticism intended just curious! Come to Texas and we'll fly both together!!
Bill_Van is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2017, 04:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bill, CPs yup last 12 months, V977, V931, master CP, 2x V950 including one converted to tri blade with walkera 4F200 head, all easy nice fliers. Just picked up a second hand 230S, going into a huey scale shell.

Master cp brushless - stretch hot rod, 300x, 300cfx. Last two are very much in the learning mode. 300x is really nice easy flier getting to grips with straight 3g and belt driven tail, 300 cfx is quite something !

V950 tri blade video. This ones going to get wrapped into an AS355 scale shell in due course.

V950 tri blade (3 min 30 sec)

I like the easy fuss free flying on the FPs. The triblades have made all the difference, and running the DX 8 on 115% rates !

WL Vs are all good easy fliers and allot of fun. v950 is a great cp trainer heli for bugger all $. 230s is really nice but a bit under powered. Master brushless is quite aggresive, lots of motor and pulling 230 s sized main blades with ease and 4000rpm if you want it ( flies nicely in idle up at 45% power!) The 300x/cfx big steps up but will get there, really nice helis.

Last edited by kiwi-craig; 04-18-2017 at 05:16 AM..
kiwi-craig is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2017, 08:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice fleet!

I had one of my 200srx fall out of the sky from about 100' when a servo failed mid loop. Ended up being a full rebuild from the frame up since it was pretty much trashed. Put it on the shelf and left it there for almost a year since I was busy flying 230S and 270cfx along with my 450. The other day, I noticed it and spent a few hours rebuilding it since I have a full inventory of 200srx parts and once complete, took it for a spin. I had forgotten how relaxing a FP can be even when doing acrobatics.

I need to drag out the tri-blade. You are correct.... multi bladed models make all the difference!

Last edited by Bill_Van; 04-19-2017 at 08:11 AM..
Bill_Van is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in