Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 200SRX

200SRX Blade 200SRX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2017, 10:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default charging blade 200 s

Hi every one. I am new to RC helicopters. I just got a blade 200s and am having some difficulties figuring out how to charge it- all the different configurations I try leave the two alligator clips dangling is this ok? I know this is an extremely basic question.
Mauiboy2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2017, 07:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default I don't have a 200S but....

Did your heli come with a manual? Would like to help but I don't know what charger you are using. Usually, Blade has instructions in the first part of the manual to address charging, battery installation/care etc.

If you don't have a manual, try HorizonHobby.com and look under your model. They should list an manual for download. Good Luck and post if you still can't find the answers you are looking for.... we'll try to help!
Bill_Van is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2017, 08:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauiboy2 View Post
Hi every one. I am new to RC helicopters. I just got a blade 200s and am having some difficulties figuring out how to charge it- all the different configurations I try leave the two alligator clips dangling is this ok? I know this is an extremely basic question.
Hello...I am fairly new too...but luckily I can help with this one...the two alligator clips are for charging in the field.... meaning you would attach them to your 12 vdc car battery........also if you are new, I suggest you learn all you can about charging about storing Lipo's...the 200 S comes with a nice little 3S 800mAh LiPo...do not store this battery fully charged....store at about 30-50% capacity...do not deplete this battery under 20%....( meaning don't fly longer than recommended)....good luck with this heli.....let me know how you're doing.....garyv440
garyv440 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2017, 02:33 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

The stock 200S charger has an AC/DC adapter but can also be clipped to a 12V battery for charging at the field. Also it charges through the balance connector.
BrokeDad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2017, 06:11 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauiboy2 View Post
Yah, very basic... but we all started like that... even the freaks!
Some humans don't remember that some day used dippers and didn't know even how to talk or take a piss....

So... basically i advice you if you got the money to buy a cheap RC charger. Stock wall charger like phone bricks are no good. Yah, they charge...but you never know what they are doing and take a long time to charge.

I do not have the 200s but have the 200srx & 230s. The stock charger, is you plug the balance lead of the lipo into the hole that slot's in...and on the other side you plug the wall transformer into that hole. OR you can use the alligator's clips to use a 1:1 car batery 12v. You can only use one INPUT power source at once...

A good cheap charger is the Imax B6 or SkyRC B6 or Hobbyking C3 charger...
Scullcom Hobby Electronics #1 - IMAX B6AC genuine viz fake (18 min 38 sec)

Take notice that those are AC/DC this means they got inside a transformer that you can put the plug into the wall without a power source.

Also there are a gaziillion billion more brands...i just point you the cheapest yet reliable ones. Also don't buy the clones... very dangerous! Look also for Orion chargers or Hitec chargers... or even Icharger's...but those need external power supply! To much for you now!

With one of those you always know what they are doing, cause of the display and you can charge a lipo in 15 minutes or less.
For instance...the charging rate is measured in C's... 1C for the stock lipo is 800mah=0.8A...so to charge in double the time you charge at 2C this means on the display you choose 1.6A. Got it? Don't charge more then 3C on a daily basis... it will remove some life from the lipos but 2C is perfect fine and half the time!

Also storage mode is leaving the lipos in between 3,75 to 3,85v. The perfect voltage to store them for months without looking for them... it must be done if more then 3 days...otherwise if lefted full charged they start to degrade by themselves.

And learn about the safety of lipos. They are dangerous like gas on gasoline or powder. After you know what they are and can do... respect them like the other things and keep it safe!
bentheboss is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in