Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2016, 09:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Anyone at IRCHA this week? Blade?

If anyone is at IRCHA, does Blade even have a presence this year? Seems like they're not introducing anything new like they did last year with the 230S. They've announced the 250CFX, but no mention of it at IRCHA. Sad as Blade used to be yuuuuge about three years ago with the release of the Pro Series. Now, it's virtually nothing with helis anymore other than mildly warmed over stuff and quads.
Mike680 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2016, 05:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Crickets........

I have to turn the music down while driving so I can see better.
MariaFan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2016, 06:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

One would have thought they would at least bring the 250CFX and the 360 Trio. Maybe there is a Hobbytown booth ?
BrokeDad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2016, 06:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad View Post
One would have thought they would at least bring the 250CFX and the 360 Trio. Maybe there is a Hobbytown booth ?
I doubt it because IRCHA is all about helis and Blade is their heli/quad division. And, with Horizon, it's Hobbyzone. Hobbytown is an independent chain of hobby stores. But, they do stock a lot of Horizon stuff, though.
Old 08-04-2016, 02:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I understand. It was meant as sarcasm but a bit subtle. Blade has sure changed. It has me in the air as new to the hobby with good fast parts available but I think it's time to move on now that my flying skills are at the current level. I will be keeping my eye on the for sale section for a used Oxy 3 or X3. I would love something in the 600 or 700 size class but that will wait unless there is a super deal I can't pass up. I'm also considering trading my NIB 500EFL Super Combo kit for something not Blade or Align.

I may actually make a day of IRCHA this weekend as my family matter has been laid to rest so to speak.
Old 08-04-2016, 06:40 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Blade Helis posted a video of some of their gang at IRCHA unboxing and flying a Night 230s.

So they are there somewhere....
TORCHS member, AMA 64878, Citizen 690
Mattinfla is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2016, 06:52 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattinfla View Post
Blade Helis posted a video of some of their gang at IRCHA unboxing and flying a Night 230s.

So they are there somewhere....
Just saw that on FB. Wow. That heli was announced long ago and is already available.
Old 08-04-2016, 12:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

True, but the point is that they are present
Old 08-04-2016, 12:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
True, but the point is that they are present
That it is. I want to see the 250CFX in action. I love my 230S. Every now and then, Blade really gets one right. It's exactly what a Blade heli should be. Small, plastic, simple design with low parts count, takes crashes well and easy to fix, easy/fun to fly and reliable. Basically, a nice flying toy that's actually repairable. Leave the big carbon fiber/aluminum kit stuff to the real heli manufacturers. Oh, wait... They already did that.
Old 08-04-2016, 12:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

The 360 CFX is a nice machine as well.

I've flown my buddy's 600x, and it was actually a pretty nice heli. It just got overshadowed by the major players in the large heli market.
Old 08-04-2016, 01:22 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
The 360 CFX is a nice machine as well.
Perhaps, but it's not a kit and many don't want the stock electronics. I can only speak for myself, but I'm no longer in the market for BNF versions of "real" helis. I know I never want another ARwhateverBX again after flying iKON. Not a big fan of Castle ESCs anymore, either, after I started using Hobbywing ESCs. I'll only get a BNF model if it's a micro that I really want, like the 230S, that's unavailable in any other form and I can't build one myself.

Quote:
I've flown my buddy's 600x, and it was actually a pretty nice heli. It just got overshadowed by the major players in the large heli market.
Agreed. I've got a 550X that's been pretty great. They were just too little, too late when everybody else had kits and souped up 450s already out for a long time. Their reputation from past small junk didn't exactly help them with the large heli sales, either. I liked my 450X well enough and wanted to see some sort of 6S 360mm heli from Blade, but I got so tired of waiting that I just built an X3 instead. Fantastic decision, especially with a belt tail.
Old 08-04-2016, 01:39 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't mind picking up Blade helis at a discount when they get discontinued. I just saw the 180CFX is now down to $180(with coupon) with a carry case and free shipping at Amain. I guess that one is going bye bye next.
I felt $349 for a 360CFX with AR7210BX wasn't a bad deal for a 5 month newbie like myself. It'll give me something to move up to after I've gotten all I can out of my 230S.
Old 08-04-2016, 01:44 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
It'll give me something to move up to after I've gotten all I can out of my 230S.
It will take you a long time to get out all the 230S can do. It looks like a toy, but it's actually a quite capable heli than can take you all the way through inverted/backwards flight and some pretty complex maneuvers. It can tic-toc, piro flip, etc just fine. Even the Blade guys said they were surprised at how capable it turned out to be. I figured that was just marketing babble until I got mine and realized it was true.

I can't fly like this guy, so my 230S still has a lot to teach me, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=ZUVD_U50bJM
Old 08-04-2016, 02:13 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Maybe some day I'll get into smack 3D more. It's throwback Thursday so just took one of the 120S out for some calming FP flights. Second one will be flying when servos come in stock.
I would like an X3 or Oxy 3 someday soon. I just am not into building yet. I've taken things 80% apart and put them back together on a CP though just to learn for repairing. I still have an AL head/swashplate upgrade for the 230S that isn't on. I only got it since the cheap plastic ones are OOS in case I needed it to keep flying.
Old 08-04-2016, 04:35 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I may actually make a day of IRCHA this weekend as my family matter has been laid to rest so to speak.
I'm sorry for your loss. I never got the chance to tell you this.
I hope you can go to IRCHA after all.
I'm still kinda sick, so maybe I'll see you next year.

I have to turn the music down while driving so I can see better.
MariaFan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in