Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters > Compass 7HV, 7HVU and Chronos

Compass 7HV, 7HVU and Chronos Compass Compass 7HV, 7HVU and Chronos Model Helicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2017, 03:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Destruction, total destruction.

Destroyed my Chronos today , I'm devastated how badly its damaged .
Total re-kit needed and that won't be happening anytime soon.
Devastated! Really devastated.

Last edited by night wolf d; 04-07-2017 at 11:48 AM..
night wolf d is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2017, 06:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by night wolf d View Post
Destroyed my Chronos today , I'm devastated how badly its damaged .
Total re-kit needed and that won't be happening anytime soon.
Devastated! Really devastated.
What happened?

Scott

Spartan Vortex Inside,Team Scorpion
KBDD Team Pilot ):>

dunkonu23 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2017, 11:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkonu23 View Post
What happened?

Scott
Scott it was 100% my fault two wrong orientation corrections in a row two low while inverted in reverse flight which is the one orientation I'm still working to learn properly. I admit also I froze momentary when I recognized I'd lost orientation and didn't use rescue soon enough ,really not at all considering how late I was with activation
I'm working through the damage it's amazing how bent up all the shafts are the Chrono's took a big hit to the head and tail then flipped and smashed the landing gear ,its cracked the upper frame both sides near the motor mount which is bent too.
Popped three out of four mounting tabs on my ESC ripping the throttle cable out and the elevator servo has a big depression in the back of its case. The battery tray cross pin was bent and wedged the tray stuck and I've tacoed one battery , luckily that battery didn't rupture and catch fire the batteries weren't coming out .
The lower shaft bearing support is concaved at least 5mm , it was a big hit
Like I said I'm still working through the damage and coming to terms how devastated it is to destroy my Chrono's as badly as this I'm really disappointed in myself ....100% user error .
Thanks for reading I know you guys can relate too how I feel .
Regards.
Old 04-07-2017, 12:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Scott it was 100% my fault two wrong orientation corrections in a row two low while inverted in reverse flight which is the one orientation I'm still working to learn properly. I admit also I froze momentary when I recognized I'd lost orientation and didn't use rescue soon enough ,really not at all considering how late I was with activation
I'm working through the damage it's amazing how bent up all the shafts are the Chrono's took a big hit to the head and tail then flipped and smashed the landing gear ,its cracked the upper frame both sides near the motor mount which is bent too.
Popped three out of four mounting tabs on my ESC ripping the throttle cable out and the elevator servo has a big depression in the back of its case. The battery tray cross pin was bent and wedged the tray stuck and I've tacoed one battery , luckily that battery didn't rupture and catch fire the batteries weren't coming out .
The lower shaft bearing support is concaved at least 5mm , it was a big hit
Like I said I'm still working through the damage and coming to terms how devastated it is to destroy my Chrono's as badly as this I'm really disappointed in myself ....100% user error .
Thanks for reading I know you guys can relate too how I feel .
Regards.
Boy, can I relate, big time! It must have been a horribly hard hit. It sounds worse than a dead fall!

Scott

Spartan Vortex Inside,Team Scorpion
KBDD Team Pilot ):>

dunkonu23 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2017, 12:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry to hear about the crash night_wolf_d. It sucks whenever a crash happens most especially if it ends up being a rekit. Unfortunately, the bigger the heli is, the more damage there is and the more expensive it is after a crash. I hope you will be able to rebuild the Chronos in the future.

I can only suggest spending more time at the sim to sharpen reaction times but of course real life is still different.
Old 04-08-2017, 06:15 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey mate, sorry to hear the bird went in. If it looks bad on a chronos you are lucky you weren't flying another brand

Il'll look after you. Contact me via SMS or my FB page
Old 04-10-2017, 04:44 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkonu23 View Post
Boy, can I relate, big time! It must have been a horribly hard hit. It sounds worse than a dead fall!

Scott
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclo View Post
Sorry to hear about the crash night_wolf_d. It sucks whenever a crash happens most especially if it ends up being a rekit. Unfortunately, the bigger the heli is, the more damage there is and the more expensive it is after a crash. I hope you will be able to rebuild the Chronos in the future.

I can only suggest spending more time at the sim to sharpen reaction times but of course real life is still different.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighty View Post
Hey mate, sorry to hear the bird went in. If it looks bad on a chronos you are lucky you weren't flying another brand

Il'll look after you. Contact me via SMS or my FB page
Thanks for the support guys I can't do without a Chronos for to long I don't think , for the short time I've been flying it its been an awesome heli , I'm still devastated and go through what I should've done
More sim time definitely required and resucue training days down the club with the 6HVU.
Mick I'm still working through the wreckage bit by bit I'll contact you soon,cheers.
Old 04-10-2017, 06:52 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Thanks for the support guys I can't do without a Chronos for to long I don't think , for the short time I've been flying it its been an awesome heli , I'm still devastated and go through what I should've done
More sim time definitely required and resucue training days down the club with the 6HVU.
Mick I'm still working through the wreckage bit by bit I'll contact you soon,cheers.
If you have RealFlight, some of the user created models from the swap pages (Diabolo from my recollection) have a rescue function which I presume you can program to your momentary switch.
Old 04-10-2017, 02:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclo View Post
If you have RealFlight, some of the user created models from the swap pages (Diabolo from my recollection) have a rescue function which I presume you can program to your momentary switch.
It can also be setup in AccuRC. I've been used in both sims before.
MyRCode is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2017, 08:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I feel your pain. My 6HVU suffered a catastrophic crash in 2014, it was so bad that I almost dumped its remains. I even built a Trex 550L at the time to replace it for good.

In the end, I couldn't resist the urge to rebuild the 6HVU, and I sold the 550L.

As of today my 6HVU is still a great flier.

Cheers!

Not flying anything - model or full - since 2017!
ARM_Coder is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2017, 09:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
RAM
Registered Users

I would be devastated as well - sorry bro.

Here's what I can share from the one re-kit I've had. It was a brand new, perfectly dialed 550 and it was a gut wrenching experience for sure. For some reason, my heli found the only big rock around the field to crash on and I knew it would never fly again. After a couple weeks of thinking of all the pros/cons of the expense and time to rebuild I decided to buy another kit and start over...Glad I did as it's still in my fleet after 4 years, haven't crashed it too bad since and it's given me 100's of dependable flights. Follow your gut and keep us posted.

Rage RC Field Rep
RAM is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in