Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Evolution (formerly ALeeS)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2016, 09:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default TDD auto rotation gear discontinued?

Their web store no longer has the new style auto gear just the old Trex 700 style one, they don't even have the hub, jesus pin OR the Evo front TT drive assembly listed. It's like they went though and deleted everything related to the V2 tail drive. Are they switching back to the old V1 gears on the Evo?
Atomic Skull is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2016, 10:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

The gear does seem to be gone, none of the numbers I have for it seem to exist. Maybe drop them a line?

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-18-2016, 11:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Phones getting a little low on battery and your signal is weak Steve
Wonder if they have a new updated gear coming out as the new nitro heli had TDD tail I think ? All the Evo helis they have sold for the last bit have not had the TDD tail system in them. I was shocked to see the Nitro come out with it. That is what makes me think they have a new updated setup.
Old 12-20-2016, 02:17 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis P View Post
All the Evo helis they have sold for the last bit have not had the TDD tail system in them. I was shocked to see the Nitro come out with it. That is what makes me think they have a new updated setup.
So they're putting the old V1 auto gears in the Evo kits now?

The nitro was shown with a helical auto rotation gear so they definitely updated it. It also has something like a 5:1 ratio.
Atomic Skull is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2016, 10:03 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The V2 has been list with the standard Torque Tube drive gear ratio: 4.33:1 (104T/24T) for some time now , when they first started selling them again there was the option of either. A bit later it was just the older style and no TDD available. I think it needs a redesign as there where a few issues it seemed (great idea though). Hopefully there will be a new gear design that has better mesh and consistency for the TDD setup.
Old 12-20-2016, 10:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's rather odd that they keep changing things around. The TDD system is awesome, simple and effective, but like Dennis mentioned the counter gears have some mesh problems. A quick revision on this gear set would make the drive system fantastic, plus this higher ratio is nice. Sitting idly by to see what Evolution is ultimately going to do.

Steve
Old 12-22-2016, 02:44 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had asked Evo Helicopters in October towards this issue and this was their response:

In regards to your questions... the previous 105T CNC auto gear is discontinued. The reason for that is that we will release a new set of 105T CNC gear to be able to use with both the new VERSA 600 and a new set 23T CNC counter gear. The new CNC gear set will be shared between the current RUSH 700 and the new VERSA 600. It is an effort to streamline the parts utilization with our future product line-up. Currently, you can purchase the 104T injection auto gear (p/n: 70023) as replacement for the previous 105T auto gear. To use the 104T injection auto gear, you will also need to purchase 24T injection counter gear set (p/n: 70077 or 70079). The tail will be slightly slower, however you can adjust the gyro setting or use a longer tail blades such as 115mm to easily fix it. If no adjustment is made, the helicopter will perform fine as well as the old tail ratio has been used for awhile and proven. Hope this helps.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask us. Thank you

Customer Service
Evolution Model Helicopters Co.
smackdown is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2016, 08:52 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hmmm, seems like TDD is gone then.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in