Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Miniature Aircraft Helicopters > MA Electric

MA Electric IonX2, Razor and Furion Support forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2006, 03:05 AM   #41 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Sorry to hear Chris. What firmware are you using and is it the single stage Ion or the 2-stage?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2006, 09:37 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Will,

This is Jon, the Chris...................... at the end of my post was my subtle way of asking Chris what he thinks

My setup is the CC 110HV w/1.23 firmware in airplane mode, two stage, R149DP rcvr

-jon
JonMann is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2006, 06:26 PM   #43 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Crap sorry Jon, geeezzz. It was 4:05 AM ...

Interesting, the 1.23 in A worked pretty good for me although I stripped out about 5 secondaries in a 3 month period. I was also running the G3 RX and B decided it would work better with the 319 we both had and it did for him. I went all single stage and 32-3 because it was bulletproof and easier on teh wallet and time and the performance was good enough for me. The 32-3 Ion is my favorite machine I have ever owned bar none.

I am definitely interested in teh MXR though. I enjoy MA quality and most of the guys I fly with fly MA and it is the best all around choice for me, just like the V-Blades. (No I am not a rep either) I have owned and built almost everything and I just keep gravitting to MA machines, I seen to have the best success with them. I also like Raptor 50's a lot for the flying characteristics, but to me nothing flys like my Ion-X.
Old 07-06-2006, 08:38 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Will,

Couldn't agree more, my 10s ION with the 32-3 is rock solid and I love flying it, but I have this problem about wanting more power --- wish I could fix that

I have some of the Duralite 5s1p 3700 packs coming for this heli and with all the weight loss it will probably blow me away, and I wish I had thought of that first and spent all my money on more of these batteries instead of a 12s ION.

Will probably just re-gear the 12s ION so it can fly 10s with the NEU and wait till this all gets figured out.

-jon
JonMann is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2006, 03:17 AM   #45 (permalink)

My HF Map location

You will LOVE the extra POP and zip you get out of your Ion after dropping a pound Jon. Did you get the new forumulation 521p 3700 packs B was tellign me about yesterday? 20C Cont, 30C Sustained 50C Burst or something like that? Those should ROCK!!

Now after you fly your 32-3 Ion at 10 pounds, think about what would happen if you lost another 1.5-2 pounds putting your 32-3 nad gear out of it intoo an MXR, stretching the MXR to run 690's and using the same packs... OMG.

Would it fly as good as the Ion...? Time will tell.
Old 07-22-2006, 04:50 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Will - after reading about your Ideal ion setup - with an Acto 32-3 I'm finishing my 2nd Ion and it has an Acto 32-3 - just need an ESC and I'll be ready to fly. I am running the 3700's (NF) and so far so good!
rfaster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2006, 07:38 AM   #47 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Good for you. The Ion is a FINE flying machine, I LOVE mine!!
Old 07-23-2006, 11:11 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think i'm subscribing to the LIGHT ION is good ION. I have flown the 10S2P emoli's -- and they are fine for sport flying - but my ION came alive when I flew the Evo 3700's (Bobby Smith Specials NF)! I will post my FDR's in the emoli thread - as I flew them back to back with a 10S1P Emoli setup yesterday.
rfaster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in