Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450X

Blade 450X Blade 450X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2017, 01:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Used 450x setup

Usually when I buy a used heli there's no flb. This one came with its original 7200. Do I have to set it up from scratch? I downloaded the 450x and 7200 manual. It says it's pre programmed to the 450x and if reset will default to the 450x settings unless manually changed not to do so. I set up the transmitter and everything responds correctly and motor spools up. I just don't want to redo the setup of not need because I had a problem when I tried setting up a 360cfx with a brain and the stock talon 35. I kept trying to calibrate the radio but didn't need to. Just wanted to make sure before messing with it if I don't have to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Airtistic License is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2017, 02:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'd fly it as is and manually trim it if needed.
BrokeDad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2017, 03:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad View Post

That's what I was thinking. Just maiden it and see what needs adjusting to suit where I'm at with it right now.

Airtistic License is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2017, 04:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Funny choice of words, "manually trim"... what do you mean by that?

I'd go at least through the "simpler" steps of the setup to verify, you'll anyway need to learn the AR7200BX very soon...
Old 06-09-2017, 04:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco66 View Post
Funny choice of words, "manually trim"... what do you mean by that?
I meant to use trims on the radio at first but then adjust the linkages etc. to eliminate them. I think the OP got that.
Old 06-09-2017, 04:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I meant to use trims on the radio at first but then adjust the linkages etc. to eliminate them. I think the OP got that.
Well... that's not how you do with an FBL, sorry.

Totally wrong.

You really suggesting to use trim?
Old 06-09-2017, 06:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Well... that's not how you do with an FBL, sorry.

Totally wrong.

You really suggesting to use trim?

I know to definitely use no trim at all because the fbl takes care of that. I was going to go through it to make sure all the settings are where they should be but wasn't sure if I was supposed to do a brand new setup or just fine tune the stock settings to my liking.

Old 06-09-2017, 10:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi, It would be best to get a 450x manual and do the complete ar7200bx setup. Lots of ar7200bx setup video's on this forum, one I would suggest to view is by georgesjunglerc he is setting up a goblin 500 and will show you all the steps for the ar7200bx If this is your first setup just take your time and watch the vldeo series a few times. Programming the ar7200 is easy after you do it a few times and not hard to get good flying heli. Fbl controler setup is just another part of the learning curve so don't let it stop you on learning how to fly heli's.
Helithunder is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2017, 11:43 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

http://www.bladehelis.com/ProdInfo/F...-Manual_EN.pdf
* G700c BRAIN2 * T-rex 500 *308DUO *450x #429
Relisys190 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2017, 03:00 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helithunder View Post
Hi, It would be best to get a 450x manual and do the complete ar7200bx setup. Lots of ar7200bx setup video's on this forum, one I would suggest to view is by georgesjunglerc he is setting up a goblin 500 and will show you all the steps for the ar7200bx If this is your first setup just take your time and watch the vldeo series a few times. Programming the ar7200 is easy after you do it a few times and not hard to get good flying heli. Fbl controler setup is just another part of the learning curve so don't let it stop you on learning how to fly heli's.

I downloaded both manuals the day I got the heli. I set the dx6i up with what it said. I didn't see a dx9 setup so I'm using the 6i. I watched all those videos. There was a three part video I was going to follow. I watched the goblin 500 one when I was trying to setup the 360cfx. I'm used to setting up brains from scratch setups. I just wasn't sure if i was supposed to just start from scratch or was it pre programmed and am I just adjusting the settings that are already in there. I'm already building and doing setups with brains and ikons. Bought this just cause I always wanted one but never dealt with a 7200 before.

Old 06-10-2017, 03:16 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok, just a note.

The DX6i indicated in the Blade 450X manuals is the "old" one, not the modern DX6.
And the DX8 indicated there is the DX8 G1, not the modern DX8 G2.

That said, I would use as a basis the DX8 setup, at least for one reason: in the DX6i the Gyro gain "range" worked as 0 to 50 for Rate mode and 50 to 100 for Heading Hold.

DX8 G1 and all modern ones work as -100 to 0 for Rate mode and 0 to +100 for Heading Hold.

Hence the suggested value for Gyro Gain for DX6i will not be the proper one in a DX9.

i don't remember by heart any other possible "mistake", but worth thinking about it.
Old 06-10-2017, 07:03 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Coco .. nevermind .. I really should just give up trying on HF. The place is just not near as friendly as the group on RCG.
Old 06-10-2017, 08:53 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Ok, just a note.

The DX6i indicated in the Blade 450X manuals is the "old" one, not the modern DX6.
And the DX8 indicated there is the DX8 G1, not the modern DX8 G2.

That said, I would use as a basis the DX8 setup, at least for one reason: in the DX6i the Gyro gain "range" worked as 0 to 50 for Rate mode and 50 to 100 for Heading Hold.

DX8 G1 and all modern ones work as -100 to 0 for Rate mode and 0 to +100 for Heading Hold.

Hence the suggested value for Gyro Gain for DX6i will not be the proper one in a DX9.

i don't remember by heart any other possible "mistake", but worth thinking about it.

I wrote dx9 because I was told it would be most similar to the dx8 gen2. I forgot to mention that last night I have a dx8gen2 not a dx9. I figured since I had a dx6i as well I'd use that just to get familiar the n figure out the setup for my newer radio. I have my gaui, protos, 360cfx, 270cfx, 180cfx on the new radio. I use the dx6i to sim and for the 130x a different 180, mcpxbl and my other smaller helis. So I should just set up the new radio and forget about the dx6i? Not a big deal just don't want to carry two radios as I usually fly the smaller ones first.

Old 06-10-2017, 08:57 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Coco .. nevermind .. I really should just give up trying on HF. The place is just not near as friendly as the group on RCG.
That's unfair and cheap.

What's unfriendly in pointing out, for the sake of the success of the OP, that you are giving wrong advice?

If it's not wrong advice you gave, explain how.

If it was wrong advice, say sorry and keep going.

Just don't start blaming the others.

Old 06-11-2017, 12:59 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

From your sign on date I thought you where more of a new pilot,now knowing you have setup heli's before it would be easier to have all models on one radio and use the dx6i for sim practice which is what I do. Have 15 different models on my dx8 now. A lot of pilots do down load the model file and fly and have good luck with it but my preference is to do a from scratch setup on the ar7200bx since after some practice it doesn't take too long, so either method will work for you. If you do down load the model file it is still good practice to verify setup a thru n and the parameter steps, just watch the colors on each step point to make sure they are correct. Like I have said after a few times the ar7200bx is a easy to use fbl controler and not hard to get a good flying heli with the stock manual settings also you don't need a pc for setup. Hope this helps.
Old 06-11-2017, 01:14 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Forgot to add you still need a pitch gauge to set your plus / minus pitch and teach the 6 degrees of pitch to the ar7200 when down loading a setup file or a from scratch setup.
Old 06-12-2017, 03:21 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helithunder View Post
From your sign on date I thought you where more of a new pilot,now knowing you have setup heli's before it would be easier to have all models on one radio and use the dx6i for sim practice which is what I do. Have 15 different models on my dx8 now. A lot of pilots do down load the model file and fly and have good luck with it but my preference is to do a from scratch setup on the ar7200bx since after some practice it doesn't take too long, so either method will work for you. If you do down load the model file it is still good practice to verify setup a thru n and the parameter steps, just watch the colors on each step point to make sure they are correct. Like I have said after a few times the ar7200bx is a easy to use fbl controler and not hard to get a good flying heli with the stock manual settings also you don't need a pc for setup. Hope this helps.

I just signed up not too long ago. Although I read the forum for a long time before joining. Joined so I could actually communicate with members instead of just being able to read. All the smaller blade models I've kept on the dx6i. The newer helis I've learned to set up on the dx8g2. I haven't been able to fly the bigger ones because I haven't found a good place to fly yet. I might as well set this one up on the 8 and get it over with. I rather do it from scratch also. I heard the files don't translate well sometimes and it's probably better to manually do it to get more comfortable with it. I do have a pitch gauge. The 7200 looks for 6 instead of 12 like the brain correct? Thanks for the help. I think I'm going to set it up tomorrow after work and see how it goes.

Old 06-12-2017, 03:16 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
That's unfair and cheap.

What's unfriendly in pointing out, for the sake of the success of the OP, that you are giving wrong advice?

If it's not wrong advice you gave, explain how.

If it was wrong advice, say sorry and keep going.

Just don't start blaming the others.

Agreed. No one should hesitate pointing out incorrect/inaccurate information in a straightforward and polite fashion (which you did).

Trims on the TX should be disabled (if possible) for every FBL controller I'm familiar with.

The 450x has enough power and mass to do some damage to itself etc. when spooled up with a badly misconfigured FBL. I'd check the basic setup and ensure that things like the orientation are correct. Then a through visual preflight. Ensuring that the pitch is in the correct direction etc.

I once mistakenly changed the orientation on an AR7200BX on a 300x rushing through the setup to get to the tail range parameter. Having a heil try to flip to the right while still on the ground is an experience I'd just assume not repeat.
Tim Wolff is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2017, 03:24 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airtistic License View Post
I just signed up not too long ago. Although I read the forum for a long time before joining. Joined so I could actually communicate with members instead of just being able to read. All the smaller blade models I've kept on the dx6i. The newer helis I've learned to set up on the dx8g2. I haven't been able to fly the bigger ones because I haven't found a good place to fly yet. I might as well set this one up on the 8 and get it over with. I rather do it from scratch also. I heard the files don't translate well sometimes and it's probably better to manually do it to get more comfortable with it. I do have a pitch gauge. The 7200 looks for 6 instead of 12 like the brain correct? Thanks for the help. I think I'm going to set it up tomorrow after work and see how it goes.

Setup the TX manually with a blank model. I tried to convert DX8 files to the DX8G2. The helis flew, but things were "off" like the Idle Up switch didn't change anything anymore. It was easier to start over than figure out what was wonky with the converted settings.

The pitch of 6 on the AR7200BX is setting a calibration (or something). The actual pitch is set later in the setup. You've got a gauge. Better to take the time to learn and setup the FBL rather than spooling it up and hoping for the best.

I wish I could help more, but I've converted everything to Ikon/Brain.
Tim Wolff is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2017, 11:13 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wolff View Post
Agreed. No one should hesitate pointing out incorrect/inaccurate information in a straightforward and polite fashion (which you did).

Trims on the TX should be disabled (if possible) for every FBL controller I'm familiar with.

The 450x has enough power and mass to do some damage to itself etc. when spooled up with a badly misconfigured FBL. I'd check the basic setup and ensure that things like the orientation are correct. Then a through visual preflight. Ensuring that the pitch is in the correct direction etc.

I once mistakenly changed the orientation on an AR7200BX on a 300x rushing through the setup to get to the tail range parameter. Having a heil try to flip to the right while still on the ground is an experience I'd just assume not repeat.

I disabled the trim altogether on a couple of the models I currently have bound to avoid accidentally bumping them. I'm going to that to all of them eventually. I plan on going through the 7200 tonight checking if the setup and orientation is correct and make adjustments as needed . I already almost made that mistake with the brain. I had the orientation backwards and didn't realize. Definitely don't want to see it trying to flip itself while still on the ground. That's one dance I rather not attend.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in