Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 150 Class Electric Helicopters

150 Class Electric Helicopters 150 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2016, 02:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 150X Issues

hit a wall yesterday and lost one of the servo link balls. those things are tiny but i looked for about an hour before I gave up. it hit a wall next to my patio but couldnt find it. today i went out and swept up the whole patio,14 X 36ft made of 2x2ft pavers into a pile and after a bit i found it!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20161215_130440.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	684298

Anyway im having issues with the motor cutting out, its been happening since i got it but i put that issue on the back burner until i was able to fly it and get it dialed in. now im at the point where i can fly it and do stuff like flips and loops but when the motor cuts i crash. time to figure this out.

ive read here where someone else was having intermittent motor cuts outs but i cant find that post or thread i saw it in. its just the main motor as the tail motor and swash are working when it cuts out.

any ideas aside from replacing the motor? has anyone had this issue and found a fix?
PL6 w/Bump Controller-24v PS DX8 gen2

Last edited by krauley; 12-20-2016 at 08:09 PM.. Reason: adding more info
krauley is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2016, 03:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had that exact issue among others, v1.02 fixed them all. I'm using dx8 and a dsmx sat.
Old 12-15-2016, 04:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmc76 View Post
I had that exact issue among others, v1.02 fixed them all. I'm using dx8 and a dsmx sat.
Same setup. Dx8 with dsmx sat. Did you do a reset up of the 150 after revert back to v1.02? I'm gonna give it a try to see if I might have a hardware problem or software
Old 12-15-2016, 04:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

yes clean model and total setup, bench tested a few batteries with no blades before flying. I even set it on a leveled table to adjust accelerometers and did a gyro calibration . got 18 flights on it now
Old 12-15-2016, 06:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

right now my only issue is the motor cutting out, when it does, not only do i lose altitude and drop to the ground but also the tail will spin out causing me to lose orientation. sometimes the motor will spin back up and thats when it will shoot around and i dont always get it under control so crash!

and occasionally when i put it into atitude (thats a stupid term for safely mode) it will frisbee across the yard and i have little control because of the limited amount of stick i have. i have crashed mostly during this problem. it levels out but because it is moving so fast i dont have the time to save it. i can fix this through practice but when it happens as it cuts out then i doomed to pick up pieces.

tomorrow i will go through a new setup after i revert back to the older firmware version and see how it does.

have you gone back to v1.02 and then updated to the newest firmware to see if that does anything or are you staying at the v1.02 firmware ?

Last edited by krauley; 12-16-2016 at 12:20 PM..
Old 12-16-2016, 12:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

ok so firmware v1.02 huh....

4 flights and no motor cut out. i dont feel or see a difference between v1.02 and v1.1. its says it fixes dsm2 binding and im using dsmx so whatever, im good now.

it was a little too windy to dial in the settings especially the accelerometer settings. before i had almost no drift in hover in attitude mode so i want to get it back to that but i will have to wait on the wind to behave.

thanks bmc76 for getting me on the right track, heck i may even buy some more batteries for this thing now that i know its gonna fly right.
Old 12-16-2016, 03:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's great to hear!
I'm happy with mine now that it's flying right. Definitely better than anything else currently available. The parts are of good quality, it flies extremely well. It can get away from you in the wind real quick is my only negative observeration so far other than the cyclic could be a bit quicker but it's not terribly slow, just think it could be quicker.
Old 12-16-2016, 06:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

four flights tonight after the sun set, i dont suggest trying that....lol

im wanting to fly so bad but now its been windy here expect when i have no batteries charged up. as soon as i charge them the wind comes

your saying cyclic speed but are you not really talking about the speed of the servos? im sure you have uped the cyclic roll rate and raised the collective percentage to get it to turn over better?

and yes the lil booger can get away really quick being so twitchy and small. i can tame it down but then i cant do anymore then fly it around. my big helis all fly like 700s now that i getting used to the 150x
Old 12-20-2016, 08:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

so a new problem and this one has me scratching my head. i was flying today, no wind and cold but heli was flying great. then at 10 feet the 150x goes straight down fast like i went full neg collective. i hit throttle hold and atitude at the same time thinking anything to save damage. it hit hard but in grass (weeds actually ) and didnt do any damage but the servos were all pointing down although the stick was at hovering position. when i moved the collective the ail and pitch servos moved but the ele did not. i pulled the battery and then put it back in and everything seemed to work fine. but when i went up almost immediately it did the same thing straight down but from a hovering position and the stick was up.

on the bench i tried it while holding the 150x in my hand and the collective worked as it should but when i moved the cyclic the servos would move down but not come back up. strange i have no idea what would cause this. i plan to reinstall the heli firmware and do a from scratch resetup to see if that will fix it. hopefully a glitch but too scary.... i think my ail servo and ele servo has gear damage and will order new gears but i dont want to fix them for it to do this again. we"ll see
Old 01-06-2017, 07:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

update to my 150X adventure, i thought i had stripped gears in my elevator servo so i waited for them to come in. i wanted to get the metal lynx gear set for each servo thinking they would last forever as long as i did a servo arm mod but could not find three sets. so the servo gears come in and i take apart the servo to install but nothing wrong with the gears. i ended up finding a broken wire going to the servo board from the lead. i tried to clean up the rubber they put around the connection to secure it but its just to damn small for my eyes so i ordered a new ds 155.

well today the servo never comes although its supposed to be delivered so i get in a maintenience/repair mood and try to solder the leads back on. i ended up ripping a second one off when i messed with it before. well i unsoldered the last one and using my RC Logger LED Magnifying Lamp i somehow got the leads connected back and servo working. damn i cant believe i was even able to get one connected, all three connected was unbelieveable. so now its flying again
Old 01-10-2017, 01:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

OK this should be my last post in the 150X forum. i cant find any more reasons to attempt to keep this thing flying and when i say flying i mean working. servos with broken solder joints, a main board that has bad firmware and is too tender for even the slightest crash. ive yet to strip a servo, broken or chip a blade or had to replace any shafts or parts other than one servo arm and a landing gear but electronically the 150X just cant take it and now neither can i. into the box and on the shelf it goes.

i hope anyone and everyone else has a different experience but i cant find anymore reasons to attempt to fly this.

Old 01-11-2017, 02:18 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry to read that, buddy! Some times there are birds to seem to be born under a bad sign... It happened to me with my first heli, but I finally managed to get great satisfaction from it.
Goblin 500
joanpeca is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in