Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 100 Class Electric Helicopters

100 Class Electric Helicopters 100 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Old 12-01-2016, 07:20 PM   #21
BladeScraperz
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Well, looks like my bird finally arrived in Los Angeles and it should be in my hands Tues. I was getting a little worried there, since my gears and charger cord arrived a week ago. It's all good!!
BladeScraperz is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 02:20 AM   #22
BrokeDad
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeScraperz View Post
Well, looks like my bird finally arrived in Los Angeles and it should be in my hands Tues. I was getting a little worried there, since my gears and charger cord arrived a week ago. It's all good!!
It was literally on the slow boat from China.
BrokeDad is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 12:56 PM   #23
BladeScraperz
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad View Post
It was literally on the slow boat from China.
Was thinking maybe the boat ran out of gas lol
Old 12-07-2016, 01:40 PM   #24
BladeScraperz
Registered Users

Well received the kit today and noticed the radio has no charging jack. Apparently that was the difference in pricing. Wasnt much difference anyways. Very disappointed. Cost a lot in batteries overtime. Messaged the seller and said that the no charging jack wasn't in the item description and the videos I watched on YouTube showed a charging jack. Even the instruction booklet shows a charging jack but mine doesn't have one.
Old 12-07-2016, 05:15 PM   #25
BladeScraperz
Registered Users

Wow amazing flying bird! Locked in and predictable.

Last edited by BladeScraperz; 12-07-2016 at 06:30 PM..
Old 12-07-2016, 05:20 PM   #26
BrokeDad
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeScraperz View Post
Wow amazing flying bird! Locked in a predictable.
Glad you like it. I think only the early ones came with the radio with the charge jack and plugged holes labeled. I have one of each radio. You can still add those two switches as the plugs are there on the PCB and make it an 8 channel radio. I did that on my first one.
Old 12-07-2016, 06:30 PM   #27
BladeScraperz
Registered Users

Thanks, very happy with the bird and the radio is nice besides having no charge jack, but I'll MacGyver it someway. My poor BL is probably gonna get the boot lol, or probably keep it for flying out front Idk yet. Great micro!
Old 12-16-2016, 11:59 AM   #28
Spazztl
Registered Users

Iv'e had my K110 since the spring of this year and i have never had to replace the Board yet .
It likes to make main gears disappear when i turbo it into the ground, but other than that all i had to replace was a complete tail assembly after backing it into the ground repeatedly and the tape couln't hold it anymore but a replacement for 3 dollars it was worth it.
I have kindly named my k110 "Dirtbath" because there is no other Micro heli
that can take such abuse as the K110 . I wish other companies would learn something from XK on durability, but i doubt that would ever happen anytime soon.
Old 12-16-2016, 04:33 PM   #29
BladeScraperz
Registered Users

I hear you there on the durability. I accidentally set my bird on the couch and sat on it momentarily lol. I jumped up and over looked the bird and one side of the landing gear was flattened out and one rear canopy pin was bent to 90 degrees and only had the bird 2 days!. Anyways, I was surprised how the plastic just bent back to shape and retains all its strength, unbelievable. The plastic is outstanding. The only thing I've done so far is bend the $1.80 feathering shaft after planting her in hard on asphalt. I can't believe how big it flies. Ordered a 2nd one for parts but might end up flying both
Old 12-17-2016, 12:58 AM   #30
Spazztl
Registered Users

I'm think i'm going to get another one and retire Dirtbath . she was of great service and deserves a place on the shelf ;-)
What i don't understand is that if XK (wltoys) can build such a durable bird that dosn't cost much to repair ,then why hasn't Blade been able to come up with an MCPX or a nano cp with the same durability ?
I've had the cpx, cp-s, and both mcpx brush and brushless and none of them can compete with the XK 110 and 100 series .
I would love to see a new Mcpx-Bl come out with such durability , but in the under 130 micro market XK has Horizon beat .
Old 12-17-2016, 06:03 AM   #31
BladeScraperz
Registered Users

I hear you. After flying and crashing the k110 for a few flights I immediately thought of selling my bl. The bl has been somewhat durable after sinking some dollars into it but it's nowhere as great as the xk. Gonna fly both but the xk took the number uno spot
Old 12-17-2016, 02:32 PM   #32
JustPlaneChris
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I've had my K110 for a few days now, and have put about six packs through it. I can already tell it flies better than any of the Blade micros ever have, and that includes my Blade 180. Sure, the 180 has more power, but for small space (front yard) flying and the feel of the controls, I'm just shocked at how good the K110 really is. I haven't given it a dirt bath yet, but I'm confident (based on what I read) that it'll just laugh and ask for more.
Old 12-17-2016, 02:42 PM   #33
BrokeDad
Registered Users

Just keep a good stock of main gears. The feathering shaft doesn't bend that often on the K110 like it does on the K120.
The main gear damage doesn't bother me especially considering the abuse the thing can take. Most of the time it's just pick it up and fly again.
Old 12-17-2016, 02:42 PM   #34
HarryR
Registered Users

Default Love my XK110

I have a few of them . AWESOME heli, the best micro I have owned or flown BY FAR. Had a few K120 but decided I did not need them as I also have a few Blade CFX 180 for outside ( now all with Micro IKON)
The only weak point ( by design I am sure) is the gear so buy a handful of them and you are all set.
I decided to invest in the Futaba 8 channel TX and it is an improvement BUT the X 6 is a competent little TX and it costs about 50 dollars. It has space for 10 different models and works very well indeed.
Old 12-17-2016, 03:29 PM   #35
BladeScraperz
Registered Users

That's awesome guys, very happy with mine as well! I've been thru 1 maingear after a bunch of dirt naps. BrokeDad recommended a 10 pack and glad I ordered them. My 2nd maingear fit on tight, I think for the better cause I haven't rounded out the center hole yet, but for about 50 cents each I'm OK with that. I'm amazed how well it flies, love it!
Old 12-17-2016, 03:41 PM   #36
JustPlaneChris
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yep, I ordered a pack of main gears with the heli, most other items were out of stock. I figure I'll just order a BNF version to fly if I break it, while parts are on the slow boat.

I flew it for a few days with the stock TX, but I missed having a timer. Got a good deal on a used Futaba T6J, so I'm good to go now. I also added a bit of fluorescent sign vinyl to make it easier to see.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	xkandt62.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	684602  
Old 12-17-2016, 03:53 PM   #37
HarryR
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPlaneChris View Post
Yep, I ordered a pack of main gears with the heli, most other items were out of stock. I figure I'll just order a BNF version to fly if I break it, while parts are on the slow boat.

I flew it for a few days with the stock TX, but I missed having a timer. Got a good deal on a used Futaba T6J, so I'm good to go now. I also added a bit of fluorescent sign vinyl to make it easier to see.
Perfect, mine is a Futaba T8J. Did you get it set up Normal and Idle up mode?? If you search for my setup there are pictures and a full description. I use very few switches to get everything the XK110 can throw at me.
Old 12-17-2016, 05:49 PM   #38
JustPlaneChris
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryR View Post
Perfect, mine is a Futaba T8J. Did you get it set up Normal and Idle up mode?? If you search for my setup there are pictures and a full description. I use very few switches to get everything the XK110 can throw at me.
I don't have a normal mode on any of my helis, so I set this one up the same way. What would be "normal" is just a lower throttle curve for relaxed flying, or practicing better collective management. So far so good, I didn't find the Futaba programming to be nearly as confusing as I'd heard it was. But then again, my other radio is a Taranis so I'm used to reading manuals to figure things out.
Old 12-17-2016, 06:26 PM   #39
BladeScraperz
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPlaneChris View Post
I don't have a normal mode on any of my helis, so I set this one up the same way. What would be "normal" is just a lower throttle curve for relaxed flying, or practicing better collective management. So far so good, I didn't find the Futaba programming to be nearly as confusing as I'd heard it was. But then again, my other radio is a Taranis so I'm used to reading manuals to figure things out.
Same thing, heard the XK X6 was difficult to use but found it to be breeze and actually really like the setup. Geez I paid $92 for the whole setup...what a amazing deal for what I got
Old 12-18-2016, 08:07 PM   #40
JustPlaneChris
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It really is a great deal.

I turfed mine hard yesterday, inverted into the street and only hit throttle hold on the bounce!

Total damage: a couple of dings in the blades, and a bent spindle. Oddly, it flew fine and the blades were even in track with the bent spindle. That's a new one for me. Not having a spare, I removed it and tapped it gently with a brass hammer on the flat section of my bench vice, put it all back together and took it for another flight.