Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 500 Class Electric Helicopters

500 Class Electric Helicopters 500 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2010, 12:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Best Place To Mount Gyro

Where is the best place to mount a Spartan DS760 gyro??.....on the receiver plate or up near the tail boom mount ?????
kramerr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2010, 01:03 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If you decide to go with the RX tray you should stiffen it or purchase an aftermarket unit. It is too flimsy and will cause a tail issue. Some good pics here.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=184366

I would avoid the boom block. To much hassle when you need to replace tt gears or pull the block out.
MXRACERX43 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2010, 04:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

On my frame the holes are drilled in such a way the receiver tray is slightly tilted. This gives interactions that forced me to mount it on the boomblock. Which is a nice place anyway.
jvthert is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2010, 10:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had my 401 clone gyro mounted on the boom block and it was working pretty good. then I got the idea that it wasn't good enough so I moved it to the electronics tray that I had stiffened with a piece of aluminum plate, I hovered it and I would not hold the tail like before, so thin I moved it back up to the boom block and now it's all screwed up and will not hold the tail now. at all. so my advice would be where ever you put your gyro make sure that that's where you want it and leave it there. that's what I wish I would have done.
iceman320 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2010, 11:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman320 View Post
I had my 401 clone gyro mounted on the boom block and it was working pretty good. then I got the idea that it wasn't good enough so I moved it to the electronics tray that I had stiffened with a piece of aluminum plate, I hovered it and I would not hold the tail like before, so thin I moved it back up to the boom block and now it's all screwed up and will not hold the tail now. at all. so my advice would be where ever you put your gyro make sure that that's where you want it and leave it there. that's what I wish I would have done.
ur gyro pcb board may have come loose inside its casing, open it up, stuff some mounting tape in and try again to see if it works
Old 01-22-2010, 06:25 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramerr View Post
Where is the best place to mount a Spartan DS760 gyro??.....on the receiver plate or up near the tail boom mount ?????
Search is your friend…

For what it’s worth I have mine on the bottom tray close to the COG…less vibes and works great.
Heli G is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2010, 06:52 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Search is your friend…

I hate this attitude... this is a forum, people ask questions... some times they have been asked before, so what!

To the OP I have put my gyro in both spots, both work good. I have a GP750 mounted on the boom block of one 500, and I have my Spartan mounted on the Rick Lohr's RX mount. One point I might make is, mounted on the boom block puts your gyro very close to two high speed bearings, they can get loud, that can mess with lesser gyros! Since you say you are going to use a DS760 it should not make a difference.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:23 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by snjbird View Post

I hate this attitude... this is a forum, people ask questions... some times they have been asked before, so what!

To the OP I have put my gyro in both spots, both work good. I have a GP750 mounted on the boom block of one 500, and I have my Spartan mounted on the Rick Lohr's RX mount. One point I might make is, mounted on the boom block puts your gyro very close to two high speed bearings, they can get loud, that can mess with lesser gyros! Since you say you are going to use a DS760 it should not make a difference.
So you basically hate a courteous response to a question? My “search is your friend” response was just that…try a search and you will find quite a number of responses on this topic. You will be surprised as to how many people make a post without doing a search as to their question first. The aim is to help the person asking the question, not so?

If you will allow me my own assumption it seems like you have some anger issues to deal with.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:50 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Wink sorry to jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli G View Post
So you basically hate a courteous response to a question? My “search is your friend” response was just that…try a search and you will find quite a number of responses on this topic. You will be surprised as to how many people make a post without doing a search as to their question first. The aim is to help the person asking the question, not so?

If you will allow me my own assumption it seems like you have some anger issues to deal with.
That is how you choose to use this public forum, others just want to ask and be answered. If I may be so bold... it seems like you have some control issues to deal with?
Old 01-22-2010, 08:57 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
That is how you choose to use this public forum, others just want to ask and be answered. If I may be so bold... it seems like you have some control issues to deal with?
Maybe with a combination of your anger and my control problems we can help this guy out. Happy flying.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:02 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It will be like Post Fu, I see your flying control style.... it is no match for my anger fury style!
Old 01-22-2010, 09:10 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Old 01-22-2010, 09:22 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
It will be like Post Fu, I see your flying control style.... it is no match for my anger fury style!
Yeah man, I can see you had a lot of anger during the build as well…looks like a crow’s nest in there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Trex500.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	135416  
Old 01-22-2010, 09:42 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I used to spend hours trying to make them look neat... now I just make them serviceable, and powerful!

Anger style flying!

PS nice looking build Heli G
Old 01-23-2010, 01:53 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Dang snjbird.... that was some dirty flyin!!
skyfrog is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2010, 10:04 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks Frog... Love that bird

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in