Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Scale Helicopters > Electronics

Electronics Electronics Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2012, 10:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default landing lights on my rc aerodyne 450 airwolf

Getting back to my airwolf build using a stretched for 350 blades carbon blade 400 aftermarket frame and goodies. FBL with rjx and beastx etc. (Search previous threads)
While not true to scale I added 3 landing lights up front along with all other lights which are a solid white in the end of the tail cone, solid red and green in pods and a red becon on top and bottom of fuse just at the intersection of boom housing and fuse where it angles down also a single white strobe on bottom front fuse (I know not scale).. I wanted to get the bottom becon a short ways back into the boom housing but pretty much impossible!. Lights are rc-lights nightfly 14 navigation system. All leds except landing lights are sanded to a fine matt finish which tremendously improves side diffusion especialy on red and white led's.

Who thinks I should paint the outside only of the chrome "headlights", landing lights black like the fuse. Opinions please. Man this fuse is a tight space to work in!!
Here are some pics of my current wiring mess HA! I will post a video of everything up and running when I get finished. OH and the landing lights come on automaticaly when the retracts are lowered down via flight mode switch. Normal, down. Stunt 1 and 2 retracts up and for safety throttle hold lowers the retracts. They are running on a 4 second slow down module!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0820.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	304521   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0823.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	304522   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0824.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	304523   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0828.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	304524   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0829.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	304525  

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0830.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	304526   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0833.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	304527   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0835.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	304528   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0836.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	304529  
scott s is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2012, 10:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

How do you switch them on? Or is that part of the purchased system. I like scale. Looks nice.
Cgarr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2012, 11:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgarr View Post
How do you switch them on? Or is that part of the purchased system. I like scale. Looks nice.
The rc-lights nightfly system comes with a signal wire for the landing lights and also a signal wire that turns power on and off to the whole system. I ommited the signal wire for the whole system so when I plug in, the navigation lights are on always as they should be. The landing lights signal wire is tied into aux 2 which is what my retracts are on. I used a multi poiunt mix in my jr9303 to mix flight modes to aux 2 so the retracts go up or down depending on what flight mode I am in and this also turns the landing lights on or off. I simply used a y harness to split the signal and power to the retract servo and the signal to the controler . The voltage leads to controler are on the same leads but since they are plugged into the power in slot without a signal wire the voltage to the controler is alway's on when flight battery is plugged in. 6 volts from bec which is rated high enough for fbl use and the small draw of the lights
scott s is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in