Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Robird G31

Robird G31 RobirdUSA Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2013, 04:14 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasticbaldy View Post
By Tail Rotor Gyro 'gain' I mean sensitivity. They're adjustable for Aileron & Elevator with the two pots on the side of my Robird unit but where is the Rudder Gyro sensitivity adjustment like there is on a stand alone Tail Rotor gyro please ? I find the wording used in 'Performance' when I hover over the sliders a bit ambiguous for somebody not accustomed to FBL concepts. We haven't seen a piro rate adjustment before. More explanation might be needed for FBL newbies like me.
Tail gain is adjusted in the Tx like a standard gyro

Quote:
I find the wording used in 'Performance' when I hover over the sliders a bit ambiguous for somebody not accustomed to FBL concepts. We haven't seen a piro rate adjustment before. More explanation might be needed for FBL newbies like me.
Many high-end gyros have had piro rate for a while - just not the low-end ones that we are seing it on now
Mikej is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2013, 08:37 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Tail gyro - Rate switch - Duuuuuuh !

I've got my TR on my Tx set to the gear switch. One position is HH & the other Rate. Just googled 'Tail Wag Robird' & discovered that this is where I can control the gain. Duuuuuh ! I'll try a smaller value end point in HH.
There's plenty of detail missing in the instructions as far as I've seen. Next time Mr Robird prepares his instructions he should assume that everybody is a stupid newbie like me.
Robird setup is probably easy for someone familiar with FBL controllers but not for a virgin.
If I had more time and some motivation to do it I'd rewrite this for him.
plasticbaldy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2013, 07:42 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDedic214 View Post
Mr. Robird is listening.............stay tuned............be patient..........Ask and ye shall receive............enough said...............
On the subject of a bailout (self leveling) or hard deck FBL controller. I just bought a toy. It costs $46 including delivery to Australia. It includes a 2.4Ghz Tx ;

http://www.banggood.com/HUAWEI-3195-...F-p-70563.html

I can throw it into the air any way at all, even inverted, then open the throttle and in less than one second it is in a stable hover. This makes the $500 self leveling FBL controller and hard deck versions look rather overpriced. Don't you think ?
Clever Chinese engineers.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:28 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
So how do I turn down the TR Gyro rate ? There's rate adjustments for pitch & Roll but not Yaw. Do I have to do it at the servo horn ?
I have a fast wag in forward flight. Not rearward or hover. I'm convinced my mechanics free.
Should I have trimmed the heli in Rate mode while hovering ?
I set up 'Tail & Cyclic Limit'>Tail Limits (around 80% at ends of travel) & Save >Welcome and disconnect the USB lead from Robird. Then I find that at less than half stick movement the TR slider has reached the end of travel & starts to bind. I've obviously misunderstood something in the setup ?

Hey mate. With the ZYX (and not sure if it's the same in all, but worth a try), you need to set the gyro into HH mode before you set the rudder end points in the fbl software.

Cheers - AC
Old 07-30-2013, 11:36 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Any news on new Robird developments ?
Bail-out maybe ?
Please also ask the designers to make channels assignable on your next version of Robird Scott.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:34 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Mr. Robird is listening.............stay tuned............be patient..........Ask and ye shall receive............enough said...............
Any news yet on self levelling/hard deck ? Please don't forget to make the channels assignable.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:32 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: Robird G31 with Turnigy 9x

Quote:
self levelling/hard deck.
They have a pill for that!

Sent from Mars using Refurbished Mars Rover!
HeliIntervention is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2013, 06:55 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Next Generation Robird ?

Quote:

A certain seller of Robird who's initials are the same as Hong Kong has dropped the price of Robird. Could this be to clear stock - to be ready for the new generation Robird ?
Old 11-05-2013, 03:23 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Next Gen Robird

Quote:
How far off is the next Generation Robird please ? I just fried my G31 & I'm waiting for the next or I'll use something else I have.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in