Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Jeti Duplex Radio Systems

Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Jeti Duplex Radio Systems Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2017, 12:03 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Aww snap! I remember hearing about this infamous no extra box solution for telemetry. Can't wait to see what it is!

I got 3 Brain2s in boxes at my house waiting on this new level of integration.
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2017, 12:17 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheSnap View Post
Guess you are not so familiar with equipment commonly used with heli's.
Does "on the snap" means that you snap at people easily. I think you better have a look at the rcthoughts site.

Anyway, curious too to see what is coming.
Old 01-05-2017, 02:04 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Jeti compatable FBL systems

this sounds amazing. i can't wait!

is 10 days over yet?
etherbatxx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2017, 02:27 PM   #24 (permalink)
HF Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheSnap View Post
Guess you are not so familiar with equipment commonly used with heli's.
Cheap shot!
Old 01-05-2017, 05:20 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Guys! Castle and hobbywing alone pass thru telemetry information that the B2 could conceivably capture and send via ex bus to jeti! This sounds incredible. Castle, kontronik, hobbywing, some align and even some scorpion esc's are capable of this! That's pretty exciting!!!
rchelipastor is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2017, 06:21 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Awe.... looks like I'm screwed I'm all YGE!!!!

Oh well...
Old 01-05-2017, 06:43 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeroS View Post
Wow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puttputt maru View Post
Does "on the snap" means that you snap at people easily. I think you better have a look at the rcthoughts site.

Anyway, curious too to see what is coming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercuriell View Post
Cheap shot!
Sorry if it came across as blunt. It was incorrectly worded and too sparse on what I meant to say (it's the forums. 16K posts in, it happens). I updated it.

It wasn't meant as a cheap shot. Just a basic statement without much elaboration of what ESC's in the market are capable of. Please don't take it out of context and transform it into anything emotional. As it was not (and as usual takes one poorly written sentence to ruffle feathers and build grudges for infinite time. Forums are not forgiving that way. People tend to look for reasons to polarize an opinion on someone. 16K good posts. 1 bad one, and you can hear about it years later :-).

All popular ESC now are capable for some years. I think this covers 90% of the population. This was what I meant to say.

Then there are some ESC that are common, but now much older and not updated in some years (YGE). And brands that have not gotten much traction yet in the heli market. Some capable, some not.

If it's really 70% and not 90%. OK. But it was the "gist" of the idea, not the fact that I was attempting to communicate. There are lots of much older "legacy" setups, that may be retrofitted with a MUI. Sure. Not so sure these legacy setups drive much of the market at this point though. Maybe I am wrong. That is OK. And not of much importance.

But probably 99% of all new builds are done with capable ESC now. So for new builds, it's a very relevant part of the conversation. And besides legacy applications, no reason for a MUI going forward (just my opinion. Please no need to over analyze it). In fact there are many disadvantages to a MUI and it's a great thing to optimize out of a system. (Cost, added weight, extra connections, no access to critical data locked away in the ESC). We all hate to wire them in, we hate buying them (they are not cheap). It's something that's redundant and needs to go away for most of us.

And outside a MUI, some very important things you can do with telemetry with a system capable of detailed logging.

My 2c. And sorry for ruffling some feathers with a poorly written sentence.
OnTheSnap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2017, 07:19 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

I agree. I only used in-line Jeti MUI units when there were no other good options. Now with JLog units, Kontronik TelMe units, and Jeti ESCs with incorporated EX telemetry out wires, the relevance of bulky in-line MUI units has diminished.
Amain Team Pilot
jhamel is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2017, 08:38 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Fighter View Post
The Brain2 (or Ikon2 as they are the same) are a good match with the Jeti. They can be brought with Bluetooth integrated or as an add on module but if you get a REX Rx for your Jeti you can use the full TX integration to do all your tuning instead of using BT. I'm using them on several models and it is easy to setup and flys very well.

The Spartan, BD Axon and Spirit also have the Tx integration for tuning but I don't know about their BT support and haven't flown any of them. Pretty much any of the current FBL controllers are very good so I doubt you would find any of these have problems with poor performance.

The BeastX and Vbar Neo are probably not going to suit as they don't have BT support or Tx integration as far as I am aware.

//Dennis.
I jumped on the axon band wagon after flying several of the BD X series with great success. Am not aware of any jeti intergration with axon as of yet. I hear blue tooth is coming (when vacation time is over) but figured jeti interation with axon would be a spin off or tied to blue tooth. Do I have intergration and just not aware of it???????
Gaui X5 Jive 100 Scorpion 910, Jeti DS-16
john2kx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2017, 09:18 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by john2kx View Post
I jumped on the axon band wagon after flying several of the BD X series with great success. Am not aware of any jeti intergration with axon as of yet. I hear blue tooth is coming (when vacation time is over) but figured jeti interation with axon would be a spin off or tied to blue tooth. Do I have intergration and just not aware of it???????
Bavarian Demon / Captron haven't updated the Axon firmware or released their Device Explorer files for the Jeti integration yet, but it is coming... sooner rather than later I hope. I need to tune the Axon on my turbine and I hate playing "keep the USB cable out of the blades and hot exhaust" every time I land the heli for more tuning. I tune it with the turbine idling since shutting the turbine down and starting it up really draws out the process as every shutdown triggers a several minute cooldown cycle. The upcoming bluetooth module and Jeti intregration would make things lots more convenient...

Looking forward to what the Brain2/Ikon2 has in store. Been a long time since I even looked at one of those units, and based on what I just saw on their webpage they've come a *long* way... it looks really good!
Jeti DC-16
Kiba is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2017, 09:32 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiba View Post
Bavarian Demon / Captron haven't updated the Axon firmware or released their Device Explorer files for the Jeti integration yet, but it is coming... sooner rather than later I hope. I need to tune the Axon on my turbine and I hate playing "keep the USB cable out of the blades and hot exhaust" every time I land the heli for more tuning. I tune it with the turbine idling since shutting the turbine down and starting it up really draws out the process as every shutdown triggers a several minute cooldown cycle. The upcoming bluetooth module and Jeti intregration would make things lots more convenient...

Looking forward to what the Brain2/Ikon2 has in store. Been a long time since I even looked at one of those units, and based on what I just saw on their webpage they've come a *long* way... it looks really good!
Kiba,

Having flown turbine jets and helis in the past, I understand your heat cycle concerns. IMHO, it's time for Captron to get off the dime and release all these features that have been talked about for way too long.

John
Gaui X5 Jive 100 Scorpion 910, Jeti DS-16
john2kx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2017, 01:56 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Kiba, I switched over to the b2 and absolutely do not regret it. I hate to say it, but BD may take a very long time to bring that in a firmware update. No doubt, it's a great unit, but they just now introduced a governor....ouch!
rchelipastor is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2017, 06:25 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Long time BD advocate with an Axon waiting in the wing but Brain 2 and Spirit are also in the running for me this summer and if BD does not move their butt fast the Axon might go in the for sale list. For me Jeti integration is a must.

I must say that the Spirit software is really easy when I compare to the learning curve with the BD3SX I had to go through. In all fairness, that might also be because it was my first FBL unit.

I helped a friend set up his first Brain2 and that was really easy too. So software wise they are very equal in my view.

As mentioned before, I think it will all come down to how they fly to your preference and if your preference is close to the standard set up.

The more a FBL is as you like it right out of the box, the more you like it. Perception plays a big part in our decision to like a unit or not.
Old 01-06-2017, 08:27 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Long time BD advocate with an Axon waiting in the wing but Brain 2 and Spirit are also in the running for me this summer and if BD does not move their butt fast the Axon might go in the for sale list. For me Jeti integration is a must.

I must say that the Spirit software is really easy when I compare to the learning curve with the BD3SX I had to go through. In all fairness, that might also be because it was my first FBL unit.

I helped a friend set up his first Brain2 and that was really easy too. So software wise they are very equal in my view.

As mentioned before, I think it will all come down to how they fly to your preference and if your preference is close to the standard set up.

The more a FBL is as you like it right out of the box, the more you like it. Perception plays a big part in our decision to like a unit or not.
I think I'm down to the Brain 2 or the Spirit. Just haven't seen much talk about the Spirit though, except for your comment. Thanks for your input.
bclark is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2017, 08:31 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm flying Spirit Pro and Brain 2, as well as Skookum & Neuron; I like Brain and Spirit both, and I'd put those two at the top of my list. I can't pick a best one. Top pins vs end pins are heli specific options I'd like to see from both units. At least, a low profile 90 degree adapter would be a great accessory. Let's hope Brain & Spirit continue to challenge each other and the other FBL makers. We Jeti users will all be the winners. Dan
Old 01-06-2017, 08:46 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mainly a Ikon2 user so far, but I will be changing one Ikon2 for a Axon in my speed heli, so hopefully they will integrated before the summer.... I really enjoy the Ikon integration, just land change setting in the radio and try again....no phone or tablet to deal with....
Revolectrix/MeanWell PS, DPL8, PL8, 2x XP10 and Bump Contr's.
Dansy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2017, 09:27 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbreath View Post
I'm flying Spirit Pro and Brain 2, as well as Skookum & Neuron; I like Brain and Spirit both, and I'd put those two at the top of my list. I can't pick a best one. Top pins vs end pins are heli specific options I'd like to see from both units. At least, a low profile 90 degree adapter would be a great accessory. Let's hope Brain & Spirit continue to challenge each other and the other FBL makers. We Jeti users will all be the winners. Dan
I have a question for you... how would you compare Spirit pro to SK?
I have a few SK720's.. both blue and black... and am seriously considering switching to spirit pro (need 4 servos on swash) as this is a really promissing unit with a lot of on line support...

gh
goodhunting is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2017, 09:30 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodhunting View Post
I have a question for you... how would you compare Spirit pro to SK?
I have a few SK720's.. both blue and black... and am seriously considering switching to spirit pro (need 4 servos on swash) as this is a really promissing unit with a lot of on line support...

gh
Is it a Velos or scale application?
Old 01-06-2017, 09:48 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Top pins vs end pins are heli specific options I'd like to see from both units.
This comes up so often as a like or dislike that the first manufacturer between Brain and Spirit who can come up with a safe solution will probably not corner the market but will make a big dent for himself to win the market.
Old 01-06-2017, 09:55 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
This comes up so often as a like or dislike that the first manufacturer between Brain and Spirit who can come up with a safe solution will probably not corner the market but will make a big dent for himself to win the market.
Brain2 has both already. Brain2 mini is top pin and suitable from a 250 - 800. Rest of Brain2 are front pins (besides micro Brain2)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in