Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade Fusion 180

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2020, 11:14 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok.thx
iamscuba is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2020, 02:06 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator2011 View Post
Just off the top of my head, I think you have to first assign the bind button to Aux2 (again, I think). I'll post back when I know more.
Yep, this is correct according to the manual. See page 11:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pg-11.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	835913  
Old 01-14-2020, 03:24 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yep, totally missed that. Thanks for help!
Old 01-19-2020, 02:54 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Today I found time to level the swash plate and shift the battery far enough forward to nearly completely correcting the COG. I look forward to some test flying very soon.
Ah Clem likes this.
Old 01-19-2020, 03:36 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

I put 6 packs through my 180 this morning, and with the swash absolutely leveled the 180 drifts rearward in all orientations. This helicopter is obviously tail-heavy, and it sure seems clear to me that HH thought they could bias the swash forward to counteract the rearward COG. Sort of like a trim, but without setting any actual trims.

I tried various battery positions under the canopy, and while I could affect the drift, and sort of reduce it, I couldn't eliminate it. With the battery in a forward-most position (no more room on the deck), the drift isn't all that bad, but it tends to bug the crap out of me. It reminds me of driving a car that needs a wheel alignment.

I think this 180 wants a heavier battery, but HH wanted to keep the AUW below 250 grams (an increasingly significant selling point these days). So, at this point I'm not sure what I'll try next.

What puzzles me a bit is my Oxy2 is tail heavy too, but the MSH micro-Brain never let's it drift in any orientation. So, I wonder if a micro-Brain on the 180 would solve all of these problems?
Ah Clem and iamscuba like this.
Old 02-16-2020, 10:07 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine was also drifting backwards when in an inverted hover and forward when hovering upright. Went into swash leveling/servo centering mode and leveled the swash and 0 degrees of blade pitch at mid stick.

But was still drifting back when inverted. Also to the left and forward when upright. So went back into servo centering mode and adjusted the rear servo down a bit and right servo down a bit to; to compensate for it drifting fwd and left during upright hovering.

Repeated a few times. So at this point the swash is no longer leveled but in a hover both upright and inverted it’s stable and barely drifts. Made a noticeable difference.

I did all this at the field from the dx8 g2 transmitter
rcuser is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2020, 10:20 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

RCuser: When you say “adjusted rear servo” how? Servo arm? Linkage? Or trims? Has anyone messed with the gains to try & solve this? I agree with other posts, I too have other heli’s that are tail heavy but gyro seems to compensate for it, wonder why this one don’t?
Old 02-16-2020, 10:35 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Makes me daydream about slapping a micro Brain on it.
Old 02-16-2020, 04:59 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamscuba View Post
RCuser: When you say “adjusted rear servo” how? Servo arm? Linkage? Or trims? Has anyone messed with the gains to try & solve this? I agree with other posts, I too have other heli’s that are tail heavy but gyro seems to compensate for it, wonder why this one don’t?
Page 13 of the manual, “Entering Servo Adjustment Mode”. Once I’m in that mode, right cyclic twitches the servo that is being adjusted. Forward or backwards cyclic input moved the servo arm up or down. But the amount of travel is limited in either direction. So if the the swash needs to move up or down (to get zero pitch at mid collective stick) more than the adjustment allows then you’ll have to unscrew the servo horn and move the horn up or down a tooth or more.

Imho adjusting the gains will help tail wags/shudders but not drifting
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	17A28D27-07F6-4ACF-8EF9-B4B818CB3443.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	842935  
rcuser is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2020, 06:32 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

copy, thx.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in