Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > KDS Helicopters General Discussion > KDS Agile 7.2

KDS Agile 7.2 KDS Agile 7.2 Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2016, 09:46 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hi, thanks for replying. Although I had replaced the belt, I had not the confidence to flew it again. I will most probably give it a shot on Sunday, and to the best of my ability to have perfect alignment. Finger crossed .......
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2016, 04:17 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Updates to belt performance, today I did 7 flights on 14s and my usual routine .... no mercy. What I did differently on this than previous was big belt soak in silicone oil, dry lube both gears that belt ride and loosing tension. First 3 flight early morning, weather was cooling and 4 more flights in the afternoon under blazing sun. No stripping yet. Fingers crossed for more flights!!!
Old 02-28-2016, 10:06 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

need to see video of these awesome flights....!!!!
fishfiend is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2016, 01:40 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just picked one up a week ago and now have six flights on it with no issues except the castle 120 over amping. I'll check the teeth to see if there's any wear but so far it flies very smooth. I'm only on 12s and stock motor. Will be getting a 160a esc soon.
GSXR45 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2016, 04:51 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It needs 160 esc. I run a castle 160 edge for almost 3 years on both no issues since they fixed the gov back 2 years ago. I dont know what pinion but I have a file for stock motor.
JLH_1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2016, 10:41 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

I ended up getting a yge 160a and added a goblin cooling tray. Double sided tape to hold the tray to the front plate and cut out the plastic for each fet to go directly against the tray with thermal paste. Screwed the esc to the tray and no more problems. The belt is also holding up fine although I do see belt residue on the gears. This heli flies smooth in the air even with it being a little heavier than my goblin.
GSXR45 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2016, 03:19 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Definitely a 160hv esc or better for this heavy bird. My belt is still holding strong after about 15 flights. Fingers crossed!!!
Old 09-24-2016, 12:12 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Belt stripped and back to 12s. Finger crossed on 12s.
Old 10-19-2016, 04:30 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Definitely helps taking the time getting the belt to run very true from motor pinion to the gear. This was probably the most time consuming element of the build for me. I have mine lined up straight with exactly the same amount of gear visible above and below the belt. I have over 100 flights on my belt this summer, and I don't even have the new stronger version, still running the old one. Now, I don't run that high of headspeeds, about 2000, but I run 13 degrees of collective with a higher gain. Seems to work fine for me.
XL-Power 700
FiLazer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2016, 08:52 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Belt should be tolerant to a bit of poor workmanship but I do take the time to make sure it does not go above or under the gear. At the moment, 12s had been fine for me and stripping seems to have stop. Frankly speaking, this heli flies too well to be sold for a unknown belt issue. As long as the belt holds up I am gonna keep flying it.
Old 10-20-2016, 09:27 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

No stripping belt here either! I only just replaced my belt because the old one was wearing out.... couldn't tell you how many flights but it's a lot....
Old 01-03-2017, 11:21 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

I recently upgraded to a scorpion 4525 LE and Kosmik.... second flight and 2 minutes in the belt stripped....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ozzy Mozzy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2017, 08:55 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

My agile had been flying fine on 12s so it is a keeper for now. One thing I discovered is that the belt is very hot after each flight. I wonder if the gear can be made of Delrin instead of metal.
Old 10-02-2017, 09:48 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just an update since my last post, no issue till now and been flying it on 12s regularly. What I done differently; soak belt into silicon oil, dru lube the metal gear.
Old 10-03-2017, 01:36 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's good, I tend to get a long time on the belt, just keep it adjusted will small amount of flex and running straight in center and it's not bad.. I'm not flying crazy hard though . .

Specter 700, Kraken, Kraken nitro, Glogo, 556, g770, etc...
Mxracer3651 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2018, 05:31 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ah_liang View Post
I have stripped my first big belt after only a few flights. If anyone could get this heli to work with 14s pls enlighten. It is becoming fustrating and even so worrying to fly knowing the belt is gonna strip. My goblin 770 does not seem to have this problem, does anyone know if the belt from the gob will fit.
I assume you are using governor? I'd say maybe you have the governor gain set too high. With high power systems especially you want to set the gain high enough to keep headspeed up during hard collective maneuvers but not much higher than that otherwise the gov becomes too aggressive and will start stripping gears/belts. Also if your ESC has a "throttle reaction time" setting you can try lowering it. Large helis don't really need super fast throttle response, an old trick with the YGE is to use "Plane/Medium" or "Plane/Slow" on external governors with big helis, it doesn't affect headspeed consistency with 700 or 800 and it's easier on your ESC and drivetrain. (Mr Mel recommends this with big helicopters)

Cranking the gain up as high as it will go is just asking for trouble with a 14s system. A 14S power system has the capability of stripping ANY gear or belt if you throw enough torque at it fast enough.
Atomic Skull is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in