Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Castle Creations ESC and Software

Castle Creations ESC and Software Castle Creations ESC Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2017, 06:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Ok, I'm Stumped.........

I have a Trex 700E with a Castle 160 (I forget exactly what model) and I'm trying to setup the Auto Rotation Bailout feature. I'm using a DX9 TX and an AR7200BX.

I've setup the throttle endpoints as instructed via the Castle web site and via a couple YouTube videos I've watched and that seemed to work out without a problem. When I set up the Autorotation feature by setting the Throttle Curve on Flight Mode 1 to Zero and using switch "H" for Throttle cut I can go through the setup and it works but after that If I shutdown the ESC and TX, when I power it up again I can't get the ESC to "Arm". I've tried multiple of the Flight Mode and Throttle Cut switches but

The throttle cut percentage stops the motor when it gets to about 70%. In order to get the ESC to arm again I have to drop that percentage but then the Autorotation feature doesn't work.

I'm confused.

"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying, and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun"
Hekicopter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2017, 10:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did you all ready do the ESC throttle calibration step?

Ah, reread and saw that you did.

So do you have Throttle Hold % set to something like 12% and have your throttle Cut switch set to 0%?

Team Flybar & "Less" now
LubeMan1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2017, 12:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Maybe

I'm not 100% sure I understand the problem...but if it's not arming it could be the beast. When you set endpoints you have to remind the 7200. Basically you've moved the "0" point and fail safe is kicking in. I would try re-binding with throttle cut on and see if it cures it
john5785 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2017, 05:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by john5785 View Post
I'm not 100% sure I understand the problem...but if it's not arming it could be the beast. When you set endpoints you have to remind the 7200. Basically you've moved the "0" point and fail safe is kicking in. I would try re-binding with throttle cut on and see if it cures it
I think you may be on to something. Rebinding is something I did not do so I'll go through it tomorrow and report back.

Thanks

"Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying, and dying to me don't sound like all that much fun"
Old 04-23-2017, 02:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Have you definitely checked off the use auto rotation in the castle software? If so and the auto rotation bailout is operating as it should then you need to lower the throttle cut. I dropped mine to the absolute bottom, -150, to make sure the Castle saw 'zero' throttle for a re-arm. In fact, this is my 'zero', I do not use a flight mode with a low throttle value as I want my 3 flight modes so I utilize throttle cut and throttle hold. Sounds complicated but it's not any different, really, and offers me more flexibility......and a lot of safe redundancy which I like.

Steve
Old 04-23-2017, 03:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hekicopter View Post
I think you may be on to something. Rebinding is something I did not do so I'll go through it tomorrow and report back.

Thanks
The re-bind will only change your failsafe, nothing else, so if you find that lowering your throttle cut gives you a re-arm then definitely rebind with TC activated for a definite zero throttle.

Steve
Old 05-01-2017, 03:11 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Sorry for not reporting back but I'm in Hong Kong until May 4th and didn't get a chance to play around with it before I left.
Stay tuned.......

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in