Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 100 Class Electric Helicopters

100 Class Electric Helicopters 100 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2017, 02:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Ebay XK K110 BNF Warning

I ordered a BNF off of ebay from tomorrowhome, here's the listing, they are still selling them:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131814145719

Apparently it's a TOMTOP dealer, that's what showed up on my credit card bill. It says it ships from China, but mine came in 6 days from California. Probably because they just reshipped it when someone else returned it.

They sent it with a defective receiver, wouldn't bind to my radio. When I looked at the receiver, it was clearly marked red with a marker in 2 places (pic attached), I assume by the factory. Hard to believe TomTop didn't know it had a bad part. Don't buy from this guy.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DefectiveReceiver.jpg
Views:	418
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	691597  
LiquidDrift is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2017, 03:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hope you get a refund or replacement. Mine came from Banggood. One from China slow boat (BNF) and one from their CA warehouse (RTF).
BrokeDad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2017, 03:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad View Post
Hope you get a refund or replacement. Mine came from Banggood. One from China slow boat (BNF) and one from their CA warehouse (RTF).
Yeah, I'll let everyone know how it goes. Tomtop has a pretty bad reputation for resolving this sort of thing, so I'm not expecting much. I did charge it with a visa, so I might be able to at least chargeback if it goes south.
Old 01-29-2017, 08:05 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I doubt it is a return. All my Tomtop stuff is re-shipped from CA. If you paid by paypal, you have zero worries.
yakky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2017, 11:04 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Consumers have all the rights when using credit cards, charge backs are much more work on the seller end. Consumer gets the amount off bill instantly and the seller must spend 1-4 hours trying to prove otherwise.

This is why charge back fraud is easy to get away with (not condoning)
JPCOPter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2017, 12:16 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just got one in from tomtop as well stating that it would ship form china but came in 6 days from city of industry Cali. Mine does have a red mark on it too, near what looks like a soldering burn in one of the wires, the ground is exposed but everything functions as it should.

I'm going to keep it since it works and it is easy to repair myself. But its bull crap either way.

Helyfreak is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2017, 03:46 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, seems like what I suspected; TomTop is dumping substandard K110's onto Ebay. What was the seller name that you got it from?

Mine also came from City of Industry, CA. Haven't heard back from the seller yet; hopefully I get a refund and I can try putting in a new receiver. God knows what else is wrong with it though.
Old 01-31-2017, 05:04 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I bought it directly from TomTop $69.99, and I suspect that you did too, you just didn't know it.

Chinese sellers are doing this a lot now on eBay. They have a warehouse here in America, usually near a major port, NY and CA, where they keep some stock. This gives them the right to call themselves a domestic seller and they show up in US listings, when 90% of their stock is in China. I have a few things coming that I ordered that said they were in Cali....guess what? they're coming form china, got an email saying blah blah blah, pleeeeease don't leave negative feedback, give us time, our stock was out in the cali warehouse so we sent from china

They've done this because a loss in business do to eBay filter searching that excludes them from the search. People weren't even seeing their items. So those savvy business guys figured out their work around, and quick..
Helyfreak is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2017, 05:32 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got mine from that ebay listing ($53+shipping) and didn't know it was TomTop until it showed up on my CC. The RTF I got directly from TomTop for $85 was fine. I will buy direct next time. Or maybe not depending on how this works out
Old 02-03-2017, 03:22 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

UPDATE - The seller asked some dumb questions, referred to it as a quad. Then I sent a video demonstrating the issue, they didn't reply, I escalated and then the seller (or was it Ebay forcing it?) instantly (within 3 minutes) sent a full refund. That's all OK with me, I'm happy it didn't get dragged out. I've seen some horror stories about people trying to get refunds from TomTop. They did the right thing though.
Old 02-03-2017, 08:41 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cool, glad it worked out for you. Ebay has some extreme protection for buyers now. Its fantastic if you are the buyer, scary if you are the seller.
yakky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2017, 09:20 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0180.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	692291
I got this one from BangGood and it also has red paint on a chip but it flies great so I'm not sure what the red marking means.
AWdeBoer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2017, 12:28 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWdeBoer View Post
Attachment 692291
I got this one from BangGood and it also has red paint on a chip but it flies great so I'm not sure what the red marking means.
Oh that is interesting. Mine also has a red mark on the white chip below it, but I don't know if that is relevant now. I wonder if they put a V977 board on it.

Looks like you have a large hole motor you lucky bastard!
Old 02-03-2017, 12:32 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

I bet these are made up using repaired/refurbished parts. At least that is what it looks like.
BrokeDad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2017, 01:32 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Guh, I'm 0 for 2 on ebay - ordered a new receiver board to replace the borken one from the 1st ebay purchase. Guy told me it shipped (but won't give me tracking). 3 weeks later I'm asking where it is and he says something about China holding up the package and they couldn't get it back, but they'll send another one when they re-stock. Coincidentally on March 4th - the same day that Banggood restocks, hmmmm. Probably drop shipping it from there.

Fortunately he did refund it. Just wish he didn't have it up for sale when he didn't actually have the damn stock!

If I had more time I'd stockpile K110's and parts and sell them from the US; this is ridiculous. I dunno if it's a good thing or a bad thing that parts keep running out of stock - is it because it's so popular or because they just do small runs every once in a while and it's all a drop in the bucket compared to their quad business. Be a shame if it went out of production. Worrying that banggood seems to be the only place with parts anymore.
Old 03-01-2017, 02:31 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oh man, Banggood pushed back their restock date on receiver boards till March 17th. It's been out of stock since early February! Tempted to go to ebay once again, but I just don't believe any of the sellers actually have the damned thing. The last guy I bought from still has an ebay listing up even though he told me he doesn't have any!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in