can i reset the tags on the bump controller? - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE


Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > FMA/Revolectrix Product Support


FMA/Revolectrix Product Support FMA/Revolectrix Factory Product Support


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2016, 07:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Florida
Default can i reset the tags on the bump controller?

hi all,

i realized after doing the battery setup on the tags i want to change a few parameters such as i didnt enter the c of the battery and did not enter the correct charge max c

can i reset them or remove them from the battery? i thought i read somewhere you can in the newer firmware?

i want to essentially set them as unused and reprogram
larryfl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-17-2016, 08:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: USA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryfl View Post
hi all,

i realized after doing the battery setup on the tags i want to change a few parameters such as i didnt enter the c of the battery and did not enter the correct charge max c

can i reset them or remove them from the battery? i thought i read somewhere you can in the newer firmware?

i want to essentially set them as unused and reprogram
The factory ratings cannot be changed after programming - only the settings fields after the warning screen.
RevoKelly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2016, 08:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Florida
Default

So I guess the answer is to toss the tags and start new ones

Kind of a waste but oh well

I would think we could wipe the bumps memory

I tried the factory reset but that didn't do it


In fairness the bump did warn me you can't change it I just didn't realize I entered it wrong
larryfl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2016, 09:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: USA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryfl View Post
So I guess the answer is to toss the tags and start new ones

Kind of a waste but oh well

I would think we could wipe the bumps memory

I tried the factory reset but that didn't do it


In fairness the bump did warn me you can't change it I just didn't realize I entered it wrong
To be clear, the battery is stored in the BumpTag itself, not in the Bump Controller. So factory reset on the Bump has no effect on the tag. This allows that battery to be charged the same on any Bump Controller, and makes no difference what Bump was used to program it.
Those ratings fields are locked for safety - it is explained in more detail in the manual.
RevoKelly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2016, 09:52 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Florida
Default

oh thats really cool.... i get it now..

its ok, i will order more

the good news is i will have a bump setup for the field and a bump for the home..so that logic works awesome...
larryfl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2016, 10:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: USA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryfl View Post
oh thats really cool.... i get it now..

its ok, i will order more

the good news is i will have a bump setup for the field and a bump for the home..so that logic works awesome...
Exactly why we designed it that way
And u can borrow your buddys charger in a pinch too.
RevoKelly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply




Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Location
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1