Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > FMA/Revolectrix Product Support

FMA/Revolectrix Product Support FMA/Revolectrix Factory Product Support

Old 10-08-2016, 10:17 AM   #1
Registered Users

Default Bad cell count error message. Pl6, bump and mpa board

I am using the bump controller with a pl8 and pl6 and an mpa board on each charger i am charging 6s 5000mah lipos.

Since about lunch time and after several charges i keep getting an error on the bump saying bad cell count ( or something like that) when ever i try to charge two packs at once on the pl6. I have tried all the charge ports on the mpa board and 4 diffrent packs but keep getting the same message. If i charge them individually they are ok, if i charge them on the pl8 via the bump they are ok.

There is no visible damage to the board.

Any ideas?
Logo 690SX - VX1e, 780L Top - VBar Neo, 700L Top - VX1n, Logo 550SX - VX1n, Goblin 570 (6s) - VX1n, Trex 550E Pro DFC - VX1n, Trex 450L Dominator (6s) - VX1n, Trex 450 Plus DFC - VX1n, DX9, Pheonix R/C, AccuRC, neXt
99100 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 11:02 AM   #2
aziz76
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I had this problem and I believe it's a bad connection. In my case it was one of my power leads from MPA to battery

JETI DC-24
aziz76 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 11:22 PM   #3
Ace Dude
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99100 View Post
I am using the bump controller with a pl8 and pl6 and an mpa board on each charger i am charging 6s 5000mah lipos.

Since about lunch time and after several charges i keep getting an error on the bump saying bad cell count ( or something like that) when ever i try to charge two packs at once on the pl6. I have tried all the charge ports on the mpa board and 4 diffrent packs but keep getting the same message. If i charge them individually they are ok, if i charge them on the pl8 via the bump they are ok.

There is no visible damage to the board.

Any ideas?
Make sure you have XH wiring mode enabled in the charger.
Ace Dude is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 06:57 AM   #4
RevoKelly
Registered Users

Make sure youre running latest Bump firmware. Cant remember the version off the top of my head, but there was a bug a couple months ago that could cause bad cell count on packs that were near empty.
Aside from that, check your wiring mode setting and your balance cable connections.
RevoKelly is online now        Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 08:57 AM   #5
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I am running the latest version, I updated it a week or two ago, the wiring mode is correct. I think it is a "dodgy" power connector from the MPA board to battery. When I try the other board it works fine.

I will make up some new extensions and see what happens.
Logo 690SX - VX1e, 780L Top - VBar Neo, 700L Top - VX1n, Logo 550SX - VX1n, Goblin 570 (6s) - VX1n, Trex 550E Pro DFC - VX1n, Trex 450L Dominator (6s) - VX1n, Trex 450 Plus DFC - VX1n, DX9, Pheonix R/C, AccuRC, neXt
99100 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 12:03 PM   #6
aziz76
Registered Users

My HF Map location

This was exactly the problem I had

JETI DC-24
aziz76 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 10:57 PM   #7
lmcwilli
Registered Users

Had the same problem with five different lipo types. Firmware is up to date on both my PL6's and BUMP. I confirmed that XH/EH wiring mode mode was set (see PL6 User Guide p60).

For me the problem appears to have been with either the EC5 and balance extensions I'm using to connect or my board. In one test, when I connected the lipo directly to board, the error disappeared. This test implicated either the connector or a specific part of the board (since when I connected directly, I connected to a different part of the board than when I used the extensions).

It was definitely not a BUMP problem. When I left an BUMP-error-producing lipo connected to the board but charged directly from the PL6 (BUMP was not connected), I got the same error.

I've had the same error recently before adding the BUMP. I thought that I had solved the problem with some Ideal spray contact cleaner. But evidently not.

I just successfully got a parallel charge going with two lipos using new EC5 and balance extensions and a new MPA board. But when I tried the same new connectors on my old board, I got the error. This test implicated the board.

I just read a DeoxIT How To. Then, ordered some DeoxIT GOLD Liquid and DeoxIT D100---both with brush applicators. Hopefully, these goodies will allow me to eliminate corrosion problems on both the connectors and the boards. Then, I'll toss any connectors that are still bad.

Last edited by lmcwilli; 12-18-2016 at 08:20 AM..
lmcwilli is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 08:41 AM   #8
RevoKelly
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmcwilli View Post
Had the same problem with five different lipo types. Firmware is up to date on both my PL6's and BUMP. I confirmed that XH/EH wiring mode mode was set (see PL6 User Guide p60).

For me the problem appears to have been with either the EC5 and balance extensions I'm using to connect or my board. In one test, when I connected the lipo directly to board, the error disappeared. This test implicated either the connector or a specific part of the board (since when I connected directly, I connected to a different part of the board than when I used the extensions).

It was definitely not a BUMP problem. When I left an BUMP-error-producing lipo connected to the board but charged directly from the PL6 (BUMP was not connected), I got the same error.

I've had the same error recently before adding the BUMP. I thought that I had solved the problem with some Ideal spray contact cleaner. But evidently not.

I just successfully got a parallel charge going with two lipos using new EC5 and balance extensions and a new MPA board. But when I tried the same new connectors on my old board, I got the error. This test implicated the board.

I just read a DeoxIT How To. Then, ordered some DeoxIT GOLD Liquid and DeoxIT D100---both with brush applicators. Hopefully, these goodies will allow me to eliminate corrosion problems on both the connectors and the boards. Then, I'll toss any connectors that are still bad.
Glad to hear u got it figured out.
RevoKelly is online now        Reply With Quote