Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 130X

130X Blade 130X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2013, 09:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default notchy plastic C and D gears ?

Well my lynx one way main gear and main shaft assembly was smoth as silk until I put the plastic C and D gears on. Now the auto rotation is a little notchy . Not bad but annoying. Do the plastic C and D gears wear in once they are up tp to full speed a few times. I think it is high spots on the c an d gears. Sure wish the hh metal ones would come into stock. IF you did not have an auto rotation hub I don't think you would ever realize the plastic C and D gears were notchy as you just cant feel it by rotating the main gear against motor and pinion.
scott s is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2013, 09:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Had the same issue yesterday when I installed a new C and D. It would grab enough to abruptly stop the OWB. Replaced the D with another and it was less. Do you CA your C gear? I find this usually makes the notchiness worse...probably because the C may glue sideways a little and it now can't move if pushed on by the D. I find where the notchiness is and use my screwdriver tip to push against the C and try to bend it towards the tail case. It helps to reduce but not eliminate. After several flights, the notchiness did diminish.
jrwalte is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2013, 09:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrwalte View Post
Had the same issue yesterday when I installed a new C and D. It would grab enough to abruptly stop the OWB. Replaced the D with another and it was less. Do you CA your C gear? I find this usually makes the notchiness worse...probably because the C may glue sideways a little and it now can't move if pushed on by the D. I find where the notchiness is and use my screwdriver tip to push against the C and try to bend it towards the tail case. It helps to reduce but not eliminate. After several flights, the notchiness did diminish.
Thanks, as a matter of fact I did ca my C gear on. I am just gonna run it up a few times on the bench when I am done with the build and see if it will wear in. Mine is not drastic but annoying because I am anal (OCD) about all my builds LOL!
Old 05-13-2013, 10:21 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I bought 3 packs of new C/D gears yesterday at the LHS... every single C gear is wobbling on the TT (I even tried a new TT).

I tried spooling up on the bench and its so bad that unless I pull the boom out from the frame a little... the tail shakes violently.
TheMark is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2013, 05:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default notchy plastic C and D gears ?

C gear can be 'slimmed' down from the rear with a file or alike to allow for a much better Mesh with D . I have to do all my C gears inc. Metal to get a nice smooth Mesh.
These little Helis don't like any Vib's and C-D gear Mesh can often be the culprit.
Try shaving half a mm of the back of your C gear before installation. Think it will solve your problem !
eXo BD3SX Torq/BK HW ,Warp-Spirit/GeoLink MKS , #2 Warp-Spirit KST. iX12
Van Scott is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2013, 06:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

well, I got my extreme complete tail on and used the lyinx red o-ring ball link dampers on the grips. Sat here and just spun the main gear by hand for about 20 minutes straight and the notciness is almost completely gone. I do not think I am gonna have an issue. Happy camper so far LOL!
Old 05-15-2013, 02:08 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott s View Post
Sat here and just spun the main gear by hand for about 20 minutes straight and the notciness is almost completely gone.
If my wife caught me doing that there would be trouble big time.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in