Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Gaui Helicopters > X7

X7 Discussion and support of the Gaui X7

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2013, 01:01 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just installed the new upgraded one way today, and one thing I definitely notice is that between the main gear and the crown gear, with everything locked into place, there is vertical play between the crown and main. It looks like there should be a shim on top of the sleeve that the jesus bolt goes thru or there should be a shim between the main and crown gears.

The shim that was between the main and crown gears on the original is too large for the new assembly. When I got everything in place and tightened down, I didn't see as much play, but there is still some on the setup. Everything else was smooth.

Amain Hobbies Team Rep
rcflyerheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2013, 02:49 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My X7 was at my door today. I don't know what hub it came with. Probably the old one. Will be a while before i get servos and a esc, etc. So i suppose i should just order the upgrade now and get it out of the way.
Integrity Handywork is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2013, 11:21 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: Original one way broke today

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcflyerheli View Post
I just installed the new upgraded one way today, and one thing I definitely notice is that between the main gear and the crown gear, with everything locked into place, there is vertical play between the crown and main. It looks like there should be a shim on top of the sleeve that the jesus bolt goes thru or there should be a shim between the main and crown gears.

The shim that was between the main and crown gears on the original is too large for the new assembly. When I got everything in place and tightened down, I didn't see as much play, but there is still some on the setup. Everything else was smooth.
Exactly the problem I had. I solved it with a 0.3 washer that fits between the sleeve and maingear. Now it's good. To bad Gaui doesn't listen to costumers. I find the anti rotation bracket a real problem. I can easily move it by hand. We need a 4 screw one. Also why is the bearing holding the torque tube so small? There's more than enough room in the alu plate for a big one. This one will wear quickly.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:16 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Where did you find the correct sized shim(s)?

Amain Hobbies Team Rep
rcflyerheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2013, 11:27 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

A question i have for everyone who's OWB failed. I was looking through the manual and noticed that they specifically instruct you to grease the OWB. They even provide grease to do so. How many people DID NOT open up the assembled main gear and crown gear to grease their OWB before using it? I am also assuming a bearing like that may need to be greased regularly? Could this be a contributing factor?

Is the new OWB a different type of bearing design? It looks like it might be different from the original but it's hard to get good pictures on the net sometimes.
Integrity Handywork is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2013, 12:47 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integrity Handywork View Post
Is the new OWB a different type of bearing design? It looks like it might be different from the original but it's hard to get good pictures on the net sometimes.
The Strengthened (Upgrade) one-way assembly actually has 2 extra radial bearings (one on top and one below the actual OWB) in the design, these radial bearings take a lot of stress off the actual one-way bearing when using higher power set-ups, or flying aggressively, or especially if your doing both. The 2 radials are fairly large and beefy, which is a good thing...

Last edited by akamullen; 06-09-2013 at 03:05 PM..
akamullen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2017, 12:36 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Would anybody tell me if this is the good OWB?
Thanks

Enviado desde mi MI MAX mediante Tapatalk
marcosbong is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2017, 06:10 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Have 146 flights on my X7F....never had any issue with the oneway (and I am the second owner) and I beat her pretty bad @ 2200rpm....
Just wondering if the issue could be anyways related to correct installation of it...
Old 03-19-2017, 08:52 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosbong View Post
Would anybody tell me if this is the good OWB?
Thanks

Enviado desde mi MI MAX mediante Tapatalk
That looks like the original OWB that came with my old X7 FBL kit (before the Formula kits were available), the one with all roller bearings. Newer ones have a sprang clutch bearing instead of that roller clutch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoio View Post
Have 146 flights on my X7F....never had any issue with the oneway (and I am the second owner) and I beat her pretty bad @ 2200rpm....
Just wondering if the issue could be anyways related to correct installation of it...
By the time the X7F kit was released, I think they were already up to like the 2nd or 3rd version of the OWB hub. I think the newest version of the OWB hub is threaded, which i don't have on either of my X7s.
Old 04-18-2017, 07:32 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

just lube that OWB with A LOT of clear synthetic grease (the one GAUI ships in the kit is great) - I have used this one for very long time, over 200 flights, high power settings without an issue.
I'm not the only one I know some pros who used it for years on their helies flying very hard.

Most of its failures are due to too little grease.
2 X X7 | Scorpion 4525 Ultimate 4+6T YY / Xnove 4530 525 | scorpion Tribunus 200II ESC | Edge 713 | Logo 690SX | Pyro 440 7+8T YY | Castle 120HV | X3 | 4S | HW 50A V2 ESC | Scorpion 2221 2050KV 9T D | SK540 / Brain2 | Mks
omerco is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in