Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > JS TZ-V2 Frenzy

JS TZ-V2 Frenzy JS Models TZ-V2 Frenzy Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2009, 10:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default IS THERE ANOTHER FAN THAT FITS THE FRENZY

is there another fan or fan and clutch that i can buy and install on my frenzy or is every type of heli have a different fan and clutch, i am sick of the fan and clutch on my frenzy the runout is terrible it makes the tail and landing gear shake, if i cant fix it it will shake the heli apart, it already makes my gyro twitchy from the vibes,i was looking at the trex 600n it has the self aligning fan hub that would be nice, this is my first nitro bird so i dont know much about fans and clutches but my dial indicator says the runout is bad and causing the vibes, need help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2009, 12:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have looked around and have not found any other fan hub that fits the frenzy.
If you do a search you can read how others have taken care of the runout. Mine was .002 when I got it new. I balanced it and then did a little sanding on the hub and got the runout down to .001 maybe even a little less. Heli is super smooth now.
There is one guy here that used a wooden mallet and take care of the runout. Seemed kind of extreme to me, but it worked.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
BC
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Would you believe Greggor from A Main told me he flys his with lots of run out. "there no vibration". I didnt know what to say!! I told him to get that fixed though!
The hub is machined out of whack and the alloy is very soft. It is a longer hub then the raptor so theres no options at this time. Go back and look at Steves check the runout thread, use a small hammer to get it close then fine tune it by sanding the nub that faces the engine bearing. Time consuming but must be done IMO!
BC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2009, 11:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I myself have never checked the runout on my Frenzy, it seem to fly fine no vibrations
Old 09-14-2009, 01:19 PM   #5 (permalink)

I'm with you... never checked mine and the heli shows no bad vibrations at all. Tank isn't foamy and no tail issues.
KJarman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2009, 10:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I did not check mine till after the first gallon.
I had the heli down and decided to check it, .002
After a little work, I got it to a little under .001
I balanced it too, and the heli is super smooth now.. Or it was till Saturday.. :-)
Old 09-21-2009, 11:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default got it

hey i checked the runout with a good dail indicator from my friend who is a cnc guy by trade so he had a good dial, and it read .003 so he showed me how to put the whole fan hub on a mini lathe and he used some weird looking tool to knock off the high spots then we checked it on a prop balancer setup and it has no high/heavy spots the dial reads .001 and i think it was because i used the cheap dial that i have but the good thing is the tail vibration was killed by putting a tail support member the thing that looks like an x and the small but noticeable vibration in the tail was gone also i got new kdbb or kbdd which ever is right the 96mm flat blades they look like the end was grinded down flat they give the tail authority that the softer stocker blades didnt have. the tail has snappy stops and starts now and the vibrations are gone, oh yea watch tturning the fan on a lathe without supporting it right the fanand the part that the clutch mounts to started to separate, i closed the gap when it was reinstalled on the engine and there is no problem withthe unit now. i love the frenzy i got it kicks the hell out of the 500 and 600 rexs i have ,glad i got one!!thanks guys
Old 09-22-2009, 04:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jynxxxy View Post
hey i checked the runout with a good dail indicator from my friend who is a cnc guy by trade so he had a good dial, and it read .003 so he showed me how to put the whole fan hub on a mini lathe and he used some weird looking tool to knock off the high spots then we checked it on a prop balancer setup and it has no high/heavy spots the dial reads .001 and i think it was because i used the cheap dial that i have but the good thing is the tail vibration was killed by putting a tail support member the thing that looks like an x and the small but noticeable vibration in the tail was gone also i got new kdbb or kbdd which ever is right the 96mm flat blades they look like the end was grinded down flat they give the tail authority that the softer stocker blades didnt have. the tail has snappy stops and starts now and the vibrations are gone, oh yea watch tturning the fan on a lathe without supporting it right the fanand the part that the clutch mounts to started to separate, i closed the gap when it was reinstalled on the engine and there is no problem withthe unit now. i love the frenzy i got it kicks the hell out of the 500 and 600 rexs i have ,glad i got one!!thanks guys
you should use commas and periods more, that was quite a read
Old 10-13-2009, 12:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default sorry

sorry for the runon i will use better sentence structure and periods and stuff, .......
Old 11-26-2009, 10:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

its replaceable with raptor 50 but u have to machined 5 mm pinion gear I just find out in new heli magazine,and u have to put raptor clutch and bell
oneyu36 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2009, 03:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

looking at my sceadu evo 50,it looks pretty close to the frenzy setup.has anyone looked at this idea?
Old 01-03-2010, 08:59 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Raptor 50 is almost a direct replacement .....have to mill about 5mm off the pinion gear...and it will fit..........am still working on mine and thats what i did to get a better runout.
F Stoddard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2010, 04:55 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by F Stoddard View Post
Raptor 50 is almost a direct replacement .....have to mill about 5mm off the pinion gear...and it will fit..........am still working on mine and thats what i did to get a better runout.
Are you talking about the fan or just the clutch bell and pinion?
Mr Nice Guy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2010, 06:19 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I think he is talking about the pinion, clutch and bell. The fan has a whole different style hub
Old 01-15-2010, 09:32 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default hi

n/a

Last edited by user23; 04-30-2010 at 12:05 AM..
user23 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2010, 10:00 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by user23 View Post
raptor 50 upgrade will install fan js frenzy 50 ( only to lower the cooling curve of the deck) and ready
Huh Do you mean you are using the raptor fan or do you mean Raptor clutch and Frenzy fan? I can't figure out what you mean. Thanks
Old 01-15-2010, 11:49 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default hello

using the NEXT

only to lower the curve of the deck frame

Last edited by user23; 01-15-2010 at 10:00 PM..
Old 01-15-2010, 12:04 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

So do use the whole fan or just the hub? Thanks again.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:48 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I looked at doing the same thing, but the raptor hub looked to short? I am confused as to what he is doing. I put the clutch bell, clutch, pinion and main gear in, but i cant see how the raptor fan and hub assembly is going to work.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:46 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default hello

lucky

Last edited by user23; 04-30-2010 at 12:05 AM..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in