Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X Brushless Mods

nano CP X Brushless Mods Blade nano CP X Brushless Mods Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2012, 11:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Always something!!

I've had a good 50 issue free flights from my nano over the last couple of weeks, but I noticed a while back that the nano would pitch up from a stable hover with no input. I thought maybe it was the governer increasing rpm's, but it seems like it has been getting worse. I decided to pull the servos to inspect and clean them and ended up pulling one of the damn plugs off the board! I was being careful, at least I thought I was.

I'll get it fixed up, but just wondering if anyone is having that issue with the bird suddenly climbing from a stable hover. The pitch servo looks fine but the aileron has some bent sweepers facing inward, wondering if that's the issue.
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2012, 05:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry to hear about your connector woes man I just gently wiggle mine off with tweezers, but I'll try to hold the connector to the board while I do that from now on.

Hope you get it sorted soon!!
Old 12-20-2012, 03:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Figured out why it was pitching up and down, I must have inadvertently selected the first parameter on the p gain while in program mode. The governor was taking longer to adjust head speed. Set it back to default and it's fine. Fixed the plug, man those contacts are tiny, my eyes are still sore from straining to see them.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmc76 View Post
Figured out why it was pitching up and down, I must have inadvertently selected the first parameter on the p gain while in program mode. The governor was taking longer to adjust head speed. Set it back to default and it's fine. Fixed the plug, man those contacts are tiny, my eyes are still sore from straining to see them.
You will be happier setting your I and P gains to 2.00. Also a 5 diopter, lighted magnifying glass will relieve that eye strain.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-21-2012, 05:42 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Craig, I just bought a used BL nano that you built. First I gotta say great work...flies great!

I looked on the HF BLheli thread, but there are over 200 pages of threads in there and would take ages to go through them.

Do you know where I can find a chart or instructions to program the esc?

Thanks
mixfisto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2012, 06:36 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

http://astroid-designs.myshopify.com...ashing-service

You should find what you need there.
Lu523 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2012, 06:49 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixfisto View Post
Craig, I just bought a used BL nano that you built. First I gotta say great work...flies great!

I looked on the HF BLheli thread, but there are over 200 pages of threads in there and would take ages to go through them.

Do you know where I can find a chart or instructions to program the esc?

Thanks
The link Lu523 gave to Dylans' site will help you. Also, I flashed that heli with version 9.2 of the BLHeli code.

By the way, you got a smokin' deal on the Nano.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks guys!

Btw, I'm thinking of raising the p-gain and i-gain 1 step. It feels like the governor should kick in a tiny bit faster than it does.

I'm guessing most are using the default settings. have any of you adjusted the settings...and if so, to what?

Thanks

(btw - have the mild kit... and yes Craig, happy about the deal I got )
Old 12-21-2012, 12:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Thanks guys!

Btw, I'm thinking of raising the p-gain and i-gain 1 step. It feels like the governor should kick in a tiny bit faster than it does.

I'm guessing most are using the default settings. have any of you adjusted the settings...and if so, to what?

Thanks

Your gain settings are already to 2.0. That is two steps above default 1.0.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:12 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Thanks guys!

Thanks

I just raised my p and i gains to 2.0 ( 2 steps over default) following Craig's advice, governor is definitely faster. I switched to gov arm mode a while back, that is the way to go imo.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCcraig View Post
Your gain settings are already to 2.0. That is two steps above default.
Hmmm... I'm wondering if I just need to get used to the feel of the bl nano vs my hp05 mcpx (been flying nano stock for about a month).

I'll live with this for a week or so and see if I can get familiar with it. If not, then maybe I'll try bumping the gains a bit.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:14 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmc76 View Post
I just raised my p and i gains to 2.0 ( 2 steps over default) following Craig's advice, governor is definitely faster. I switched to gov arm mode a while back, that is the way to go imo.
It's not advice. It is what I programmed into his ESC.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in