Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2017, 10:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default CNC Aluminum Multi-Model 450 Heli Landing Gear

Oh man, after buying multiple sets of landing gear and finding out none of them work on my helimax, I purchased a set of these from helidirect.

https://www.helidirect.com/super-str...t-rex-450.html

They're specified t-rex 450, but they're NOT PRE-DRILLED.. . . they're slotted, and the slot is quite long. I have since ordered 2 more spare sets to have handy for when plastic landing gear on my e-razor break. I'm a new pilot, so this is inevitable. . Until I get better, things will be broken. Only thing I can say negative is that the holes for the actual skids tend to have burrs inside from being drilled and tapped for set screw that lock the skids in place. it's rather easy to clean up the ID with a dremel sanding cone just spun with your fingers. Dont think I would recommend using the dremel unless you have better than average dexterity. I received mine really fast from helidirect.
RabbitDFFD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2017, 06:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't have any experience with those, but I am not a fan of rigid skids. You want them to give some on a hard landing or crash. Otherwise, they will transmit energy to the frame. I would rather replace a set of cheap plastic gear than side frame of a heli.
Oxy 2, Gaui X3 #1, Protos 380, Gaui X5, Synergy 766, Specter 700
Oxy 2/X3/Protos 380/X5/766/Specter 700 Consecutive Successful Flights (Current) = 32/16/12/145/7/50
Consecutive Successful Flights (Max) = 145
macdad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2017, 09:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

They sure look purdy!
But....

+ 1 on rigid skids causing problems.

Do a quick Google for MSH Gorilla landing skids, they will be the last set you buy for that bird.

https://www.mshusa.com/products/gori...e-black-max-v2

Steve
Old 05-02-2017, 05:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default rigid skids

I haven't been able to find any other landing gear that will mount to the brackets on this thing. Still haven't flown it. may be another scrapped project.
Old 05-02-2017, 07:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Exactly what model do you have?

Steve
Old 05-03-2017, 04:57 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

landing skids are fairly cheap to replace.

when you have an issue 30 feet up and have to emergency auto on a heli that does not float down (250 perfect example) you will be glad of plastic skids!
bazsound is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2017, 12:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Talking Heli Model

HeliMax MX450xs is what it is as far as I can find. So after purchasing the aluminum skids and pipes along with figuring out the gyro and tx setup for it, I was doing final rotor pitch adjustments and suffered an unplanned hot start last night. Rotor caught me in the forearm and exploded one of the blade grips. After switching out the blade grips with a spare set from my erazor 450 (believe it or not they're a lot better to begin with), I discovered I stripped the main gear pretty bad. I finally gave up trying to find a new main gear around 3AM this morning. After a so-so night's sleep, I have decided to turn the heli-max into trash-max. While struggling with the helimax for 2 months, I found a decent deal on a trex 450 pro dfc and purchased it. I've spent a month reading and watching "how-to's" on setting up the pro dfc instead of sticking with the helimax 450. Thanks to jbobb1 here on HF, I learned how to do basic setup for the 450 pro dfc and have actually gotten to fly it. I've now got about 7 flight sessions ( 5 flight packs each) on the pro dfc. The only mishap with the pro dfc so far was a crash course in auto rotation landing due to lack of using a timer and running battery dead in flight. This resulted in only damaging the landing gear. I had a spare set bought for the helimax that wouldn't fit it, and had my pro dfc back in the air in a matter of minutes. I also have an eRazor 450 that came complete and after months of brainfry sessions figured out my problem didn't come from the helicopter setup, the tx was faulty. I went through my spare parts and double checked availability of what other parts I could possibly need for future repairs and have decided to plunder the electronics from the helimax and build the erazor 450. At present, I have everything I need to do the job and the one thing I cannot get for the helimax that is readily available (amazing to me) for the erazor is the oddball main gear. And it's CHEAP. so I ordered a few spares already and will begin to Dr Frankenstein my erazor 450 into an eRexor 450. In the meantime, no more "desktop builds / repairs" for me. I'm replacing the dresser in my office/cave for a steel top work bench with lighting and power outlets from harbor freight, and building a display case for the helis I have that I intend to keep and "hobby" with. First things first though. the dynam 3s charger is a POS and it takes 2-3 hours each to charge my batteries. Not to mention I've killed the battery in my truck twice now. (what can I say, I'm on a limited budget . . and addicted!!!) Most people endure learning curves, I consider my "curves" more like "serpentines" since mine have had curves with curves inside them as well as twists and switch-backs. It's been a long and beyond frustrating road to get this far, but I made it. I have 2 flying v977 CP helis and FINALLY a 450 class heli that I just cannot get enough fair weather to keep flying. And all of this because I had the bright idea of retiring early. (waaaayyyyyy tooo early in life.) Work was easy to deal with in comparison to too much spare time. And of course, now it's fishing season. . a whole new avenue for catastrophe presents itself after experiencing the power and stability of my 450 pro dfc. I swear I wasn't born this way!!! too much spare time and a broken shifter in my head is making me do it. . . next to the intricacies of these helicopters and all the wonders of mechanical setups accompanied with learning all the variables for programming everything to get one to fly right, IS THERE A DOCTOR IN THE HOUSE!?!?!?!? I can't find the brakes for my thinker!!!!
sooooooooooooooooo
amended favorite pass-time activities :
1) flying my v977s and trex 450 pro dfc
2) going fishing
3) going noodling when it's just too damn hot to stand/sit NEXT to the water.
4) make some scrambled eggs out of my brain figuring out what to do next.
5) all else fails, take hostilities out online in Grand Theft Auto video game.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in