Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Nitro Helicopters > 700 Electric Conversions

700 Electric Conversions Align T-REX 700 Electric Conversions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2009, 12:35 PM   #241 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helipsyko View Post
Im running set gov mode, works like a charm.

Why not try it?

Just put in the pinion/gear ratio, voltage and motor specs, then dial in the desired HS, the software will give ok or not. It ok's up to 95% govern.
The CC software does not allow for the 10% allowance in manufactures kv rating so typically results in over gearing and reduced flight times.
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2009, 12:36 PM   #242 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok, see the problem.
The question is if there is another program running the normal govern, that can take more beating, or it will be the same?

Never tried normal or high gov, as I did not have a tach, the set govern was very simple to use, Im running with red numbers on my 1915 and Scorp 1210, but only a few %. No heat.
Old 11-13-2009, 10:35 PM   #243 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helipsyko View Post
V3.180, the last. Yes, set govern 1950hs, 13T/115t, Gain 25, mid timing and 16khz.
Actually red numbers, 98% govern, if I remember right.
No problems, no heat. It is not summer here anymore, but not feelable heat in the esc right after flight, and I have it between the frame in the back.

Have you used the Outrunner setting for the governor? It does not specify the frequency. I want to use the max 16kHz, but, I kept it on outrunner. It seems to be working fine. I just got a new motor though. A 4035-500kV instead of the 560kV. The 560kV was hard to find good gearing for it. It was too fast. I have mine set to governor high though. Maybe I should try the set govern.
Old 11-14-2009, 02:58 AM   #244 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by egiraldo911 View Post
Have you used the Outrunner setting for the governor? It does not specify the frequency. I want to use the max 16kHz, but, I kept it on outrunner. It seems to be working fine. I just got a new motor though. A 4035-500kV instead of the 560kV. The 560kV was hard to find good gearing for it. It was too fast. I have mine set to governor high though. Maybe I should try the set govern.
Use 'outrunner' mode on all my motors without any issues.

Motors actually spool-up better and run cooler.
Old 11-14-2009, 09:36 PM   #245 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Thumbs up

OK, I was recommended by a friend that Scorpion motors are best run at 8kHz. This info comes from my friend talking to Lucien from Inov8tive Design. Maybe the outrunner mode is also a low setting. I tried the 8 kHz setting today and it run pretty good and the motor and ESC were running cool. Today I finally got my heli actually running the way I wanted. I am not using governor yet because I need to adjust the gearing one more time, but, I did run a V-curve at 95-92-85-92-95 and I was able to keep a 1850 head speed constantl through my flight with some 3d maneuvers without bogging. I need to go one more tooth up on the pinion and I think then I will have enough head room for the governor to work properly. Thus, I am very happy with it. On second thought I don't know if I want to go with a governor anymore. That would be one less thing that could go wrong. I think a good set V-curve would be just fine. I will see.

I think I also took care of the stripping problem on my heli. I believe the motor was rocking when I would punch out and the motor was beign pushed away from the gear. I added a third bolt and that solved the problem.

My set up right now is:

Scorpion 4035-500kV motor
CC 110HV ESC
(2) 5000mAh 35C Turnigy
FAD 115T Main mod 1
10T pinion mod 1
10 deg. pitch for cyclic and collective.
1850 RPM HS
RJX FBL Head
Skookum SK360
Align GP750
Maverik G5 Wide Chord 710mm blades

I was able to do good tic-tocs and tail slides and some rolls with no problems. The HS seems to work good for my set up.

The only problem I encounter was, that for some more demanding manuevers, I would loose the tail. But, that seemed to be resolved when I reduced the pitch, reduced the HS from 1950 to 1850, and increase the gain in the tail gyro to 96%. I did not fly it as hard anymore, but, I will find out tomorrow if the really solved the loosing the tail problem.

Did anybody here had problems with the tail?
Old 11-15-2009, 06:35 AM   #246 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by egiraldo911 View Post
OK, I was recommended by a friend that Scorpion motors are best run at 8kHz. This info comes from my friend talking to Lucien from Inov8tive Design. Maybe the outrunner mode is also a low setting. I tried the 8 kHz setting today and it run pretty good and the motor and ESC were running cool. Today I finally got my heli actually running the way I wanted. I am not using governor yet because I need to adjust the gearing one more time, but, I did run a V-curve at 95-92-85-92-95 and I was able to keep a 1850 head speed constantl through my flight with some 3d maneuvers without bogging. I need to go one more tooth up on the pinion and I think then I will have enough head room for the governor to work properly. Thus, I am very happy with it. On second thought I don't know if I want to go with a governor anymore. That would be one less thing that could go wrong. I think a good set V-curve would be just fine. I will see.

I think I also took care of the stripping problem on my heli. I believe the motor was rocking when I would punch out and the motor was beign pushed away from the gear. I added a third bolt and that solved the problem.

My set up right now is:

Scorpion 4035-500kV motor
CC 110HV ESC
(2) 5000mAh 35C Turnigy
FAD 115T Main mod 1
10T pinion mod 1
10 deg. pitch for cyclic and collective.
1850 RPM HS
RJX FBL Head
Skookum SK360
Align GP750
Maverik G5 Wide Chord 710mm blades

I was able to do good tic-tocs and tail slides and some rolls with no problems. The HS seems to work good for my set up.

The only problem I encounter was, that for some more demanding manuevers, I would loose the tail. But, that seemed to be resolved when I reduced the pitch, reduced the HS from 1950 to 1850, and increase the gain in the tail gyro to 96%. I did not fly it as hard anymore, but, I will find out tomorrow if the really solved the loosing the tail problem.

Did anybody here had problems with the tail?
A while back, my mate found the T700e likes high head speeds in demanding manoeuvres, to keep the tail locked in..
Old 11-15-2009, 01:50 PM   #247 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Man! This is frustating! I am rethinking the electronic conversion. I thought everything was going fine, then, today I was flying my 700e and on the fourth flight after doing some rolls the shaft of the motor just snap in half. What? That was crazy! I just saw that half a shaft and pinon fall off the sky. Lucky me, the heli was high enough to level out and do an auto.
So, has anybody had this problem before. This things have just so much torque. I don't know what to adjust now.

somebody please help!
Old 11-15-2009, 02:06 PM   #248 (permalink)
Registered Users

KDE have developed a pinion support.

http://www.kdedirect.com/TREX700NEPS.html

Old 11-15-2009, 06:07 PM   #249 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks, I will give it a try
Old 11-25-2009, 07:49 AM   #250 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

OK, I got the pinion support from KDE and, unfortunately, does not fit correctly with my set up. I have the Helidirect conversion kit and the support sits lower on the motor mounting plate, so, the top part of the pinion support hits the main gear. If anyone needs one, I have one for sale.

Yesterday I got the new shaft installed and went ahead and, using my Dremel, made the flat spots to hold the set screws.

Does anybody have any idea if maybe the process of making the flat spots on the shaft of the motor weakens the shaft?
Old 12-15-2009, 11:37 AM   #251 (permalink)
Registered Users

hi my firends,

I start to coversion for my trex 700 with scorpion 4035-560 and cc110hv and I take a video for my esc programıng. I want to ask you about; when I make throthle stick full position esc led is going red as follows the video;

[ame]http://vimeo.com/8151879[/ame]

and I want to share my trex canopy

thanks
salvedor is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2009, 11:50 AM   #252 (permalink)
Registered Users

Have you configured the throttle end points on your transmitter to the esc??

Wouldn't recommended spooling up to 100% throttle with no load.

Because Deans are rated at approximately 60 amps continuous and 75 peak, for your high powered setup, 5.5mm bullets would be better suited and provided less resistance with their greater surface area.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:56 AM   #253 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rceccleston View Post

yes, I configured the throttle end points according to manual for castle. I tried one tıme with no load.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:03 PM   #254 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Why not?
Al Austria is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2009, 12:14 PM   #255 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Because Deans are rated at approximately 60 amps continuous and 75 peak, for your high powered setup, 5.5mm bullets would be better suited and provided less resistance with their greater surface area.
LOL, again with the bullet connectors . You do realize that with no load presented on the motor, little to no current will by drawn as well?

Motor kV is measured dynamically with no load.
Al Austria is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2009, 03:23 PM   #256 (permalink)
Registered Users

also I want to upgrade flybarless system and I want to buy SK-360 flbarless system because I want to use my gyro spartan ds760. would you recommend this system for trex 700

thanks
Old 12-15-2009, 03:37 PM   #257 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by salvedor View Post
also I want to upgrade flybarless system and I want to buy SK-360 flbarless system because I want to use my gyro spartan ds760. would you recommend this system for trex 700

thanks
A complete 3 axis flybarless system would work better because the yaw axis gyro can provide feedback to the cyclic.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:23 PM   #258 (permalink)
Team Taco Member

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by salvedor View Post

thanks
If setup correctly, the SK360 and the Spartan will work very nicely for you.. However, I like the 3 axis setup much better.
bpd964 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2009, 03:27 AM   #259 (permalink)
Registered Users

thanks I bought sk360 and rjx flyarless head. I know v-bar is much better but its more expensive so I want to try with sk360
Old 12-16-2009, 05:47 AM   #260 (permalink)
Team Taco Member

My HF Map location

Is it confirmed that the KDE electronic pinion support DOES NOT work with the Helidirect/RJX e-conversion?
bpd964 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in