Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > MSH Protos > MSH Mini Protos

MSH Mini Protos MSH Mini Protos Helicopter Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2017, 11:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Mini Protos Swash Ball

My used, but what appears to be an unflown MP has a very stiff (in the socket) swash ball. So much so, that when I articulate a cyclic action, the ball almost wants to lock on the main shaft and thus preventing axial sliding for collective action. Oil helped just a little.

For those who built, was this true also for you? Did it loosen up?

As a side note ,the MSH tail slider is also very tight on the tail shaft, unlike the Lynx.
FNFAL is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2017, 06:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't recall having this problem. It's been 4 years since the maiden but it flew fine from the beginning. Do you have any rust on the main shaft? Maybe give the main shaft a few swipes with 600 wet/dry paper.
MiataJohn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2017, 07:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks, good idea. It does look like this may have been sitting for awhile. Even though I see no evidence of corrosion, wouldn't hurt to make of few passes with the fine grit to smooth any surface oxidation.
Old 02-13-2017, 01:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I use a little silicone grease on the swash ball.

For the slider I think it's pretty common for them to fit tight when they're new. Noticed that on a few helis now. I pop the control rod off the servo, put a drop of oil on the tail shaft then work the slider back n forth by the control rod with one hand as I spin the main rotors with the other, to break in the new slider.

It's a good thing cause it insures a perfect fit and that none of them are loose/sloppy even if they're off the targeted measurement by a little.

When they fit loose the slider ring has room to tilt which digs one end of the inner brass ring into the tail shaft causing it to bind up.

The brass is pretty soft and you'll feel everything smooth out quickly when you break the slider in. Lube the shaft and jerk off the rod furiously till it produces butter....
Old 02-13-2017, 02:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

[YOUTUBE]
What'chu talkin' 'bout Willis? (0 min 7 sec)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in