Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Skookum Robotics

Skookum Robotics Skookum Robotics SK-360 SK-540 & SK-720 Digital Flybar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2014, 02:25 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I didn't feel the second spool from normal was different than the first - but i did see a difference in the log. not significant.

The important thing, for me, was that i got SS when i wanted it and a fast ram when needed. maybe not perfect but very close to it
2 X X7 | Scorpion 4525 Ultimate 4+6T YY / Xnove 4530 525 | scorpion Tribunus 200II ESC | Edge 713 | Logo 690SX | Pyro 440 7+8T YY | Castle 120HV | X3 | 4S | HW 50A V2 ESC | Scorpion 2221 2050KV 9T D | SK540 / Brain2 | Mks
omerco is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2014, 02:07 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

So Viking? any test flights?

Anybody else?
2 X X7 | Scorpion 4525 Ultimate 4+6T YY / Xnove 4530 525 | scorpion Tribunus 200II ESC | Edge 713 | Logo 690SX | Pyro 440 7+8T YY | Castle 120HV | X3 | 4S | HW 50A V2 ESC | Scorpion 2221 2050KV 9T D | SK540 / Brain2 | Mks
Old 09-02-2014, 06:47 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by omerco View Post
So Viking? any test flights?

Anybody else?

Not yet Omer.

I found a bad spot on my tail drive belt. It needed to be replaced before flight.
Soon as the replacement shows up I'll give it a spin.

Just for the record I also have a good SS when set up by the throttle switch to normal.
It works every time.
Its just the bail out that appears to skip the first request at bail out but all subsequent bail outs work perfect.
All this again without blades.
Soft start is 7 seconds long.
Bail out is 4 seconds long to max RPM.
Old 09-03-2014, 12:30 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Anyone else find this misleading tutorial funny?

[ame]http://youtu.be/CLZwsJ-KssM[/ame]

Same guys. Description says autorotaion not setup properly oops.! But works fine in the vid. WTF

[ame]http://youtu.be/nWtsqmL62IQ[/ame]
Inkslinginmofo77 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2014, 07:58 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Okay I hate to say it but yah this is a little confusing to follow. It's specified by setting Tx initially with 87 low and 100 high on travel with sk gov off. Then to set idle throttle to low and high throttle in sk using the 87/100 settings in tx. Then it says to set CC end points (which aren't close to the orginal 87/100. But there isn't mention of how to setup up CC software. Do I enable auto rotation? And what parameters do I set? Specifically. And also it's says to set only high throttle on sk setup afterwards. But when I do that I get a TH GUI OF -25. Nowhere close to -10. But when I go ahead and set idle throttle it reads -9. But do I do this using the 0-20-40-40-40 curve or just switch between FS 2 and normal to do that? And what do I need the headspeed recovery setting in CC SETUP at? Sorry just frustrated. Do I set my end points on my CC past the initializing tones to compensate or right on? I noticed when I did the +10 setting and went to throttle of 1 From -9 that it wouldn't initialize with TH off. Which is why I'm wondering if I should set the low endpoint on CC lower than initializing tome tells me. Help!
Old 09-03-2014, 08:21 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Example:
Turned on CC autorotation and set headspeed change rate to 10
turned of sk gov, set tx throttle travel to 87 low 100 high, set sk idle throttle and high throttle to the 87/100 tx, powered esc and set end points putting it at 95 high and 129 low. Then set high throttle only on sk setup afterwards and gave me a TH GUI of -25 and a idle throttle of -23. Nowhere near -10. Now against the (set high throttle ONLY) guideline I set my idle throttle in my sk setup and it brought the TH GUI down to -9. So I then did +10 and brought my throttle stick to +1 and set my idle throttle and it put my TH GUI to -11. Which I figured was acceptable. Now on power up CC does not arm with TH off in normal mode. Only with TH on. What am I missing? Is there a reason to set tx with 87/100 when my esc endpoints put it way out from that?
Old 09-03-2014, 09:33 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

I guess more easily how do I setup my dx8 with cc autorotation software to use with sk-720BE gov? I am already set up with sk gov. My tx endpoints are already calibrated to 95 high / 102 low. And idle and high throttle positions set on sk software. When I enable autorotation on CC setup I reset my tx throttle travels to ESC ENDPOINTS AFTER enabling autorotation and my high stays at 95 and my low jumps to 129. Now I know there's a process for calibrating the TH during the CC setup with it but can't find any specifics. But any help would be great
Old 09-03-2014, 09:40 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Much the reason I got rid of all three of my Castle 160s last year. I never did get them figured out correctly. Not to sound negative, I just seemed to me a vastly large project just to get them running right. whereas my Yge's were plug and go fly.
Old 09-03-2014, 10:01 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default setting TH in Castle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkslinginmofo77 View Post
When I enable autorotation on CC setup I reset my tx throttle travels to ESC ENDPOINTS AFTER enabling autorotation and my high stays at 95 and my low jumps to 129. Now I know there's a process for calibrating the TH during the CC setup with it but can't find any specifics. But any help would be great
Hi there!

First - thank for the feedback. i will add some of the data you wrote in the procedure.

The numbers you got (around -25 throttle) are good! but I think your main issue is how to set TH in Castle?. I didn't want to add CC procedure to keep it short. I will search for a good explanation and add a link.

For setting TH in castle:
- Starting With SK gov still off + auto-rotation enabled in castle.
- set your high and low Tx end points according to CC procedure.
- Set TH to low % 0-5. disengage pinion or do it with blades off.
- With armed ESC, Engage TH and start raising TH value in your Tx until the motor starts spinning. that back down the % just until it stops.

You should get values around 9-14. after that continue from "Stage 2" above.

More data:
In castle i use:

initial spool rate of: 6
headspeed change rate: 15-20

Quote:
Example:
What am I missing? Is there a reason to set tx with 87/100 when my esc endpoints put it way out from that?
The reason for the 87 is if you set your Idle throttle with that and then do the CC TH setup procedure it should put you TH point in SK to around -10 without doing anything else....

What This aims to get is your 0 throttle (normal + stick all the way down with 0-40-40-40) around -25 in SK and TH around -10.
Old 09-03-2014, 10:08 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Okay u say to set your TH value to low % 0-5. Now it that the percentage value in the throttle cut screen on my tx? And u say to raise values until motor spools then back off one? What values? Would that be the throttle curve screen adjusting the overall curve equally or the percentage in the throttle cut screen?
Old 09-03-2014, 10:09 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

And I was getting -23 in normal mode and -25 with TH engaged. Don't understand how u get -10 from that?
Old 09-03-2014, 10:43 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Okay u say to set your TH value to low % 0-5. Now it that the percentage value in the throttle cut screen on my tx? And u say to raise values until motor spools then back off one? What values? Would that be the throttle curve screen adjusting the overall curve equally or the percentage in the throttle cut screen?
You can use either TH or Throttle Cut - which ever you prefer.

The "value" is the percentage of throttle in the one you choose (throttle curve for TH or single number for T cut. makes no diff).

and here is a castle vid for autorotation setup:

Castle Quick Tip Auto-Rotation Throttle Calibration.wmv (8 min 0 sec)

**Added both throttle end point video and this one to the first thread.

Last edited by omerco; 09-04-2014 at 12:16 AM..
Old 09-03-2014, 11:10 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

What about raising TH values until motor starts. Do I raise the % in the throttle cut screen or do I raise the whole TH curve from the throttle curve screen?
Old 09-03-2014, 11:24 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Not throttle cut - throttle hold.

EDIT-thinking again you can use throttle cut as well might be easier to grasp because it has only one throttle value.

In throttle hold you should have throttle % to set up and usually its not a curve - it is an override value for all stick positions. that's how it is in my Dx9 (shows as curve but you can only set all points together).

Your -23 is a good value. The -25 for TH (Throttle Hold) shows you didn't set TH right.

You are asking very basic Q. I don't mean to offend but you might want to consider some human help to avoid mistakes. I will help here as much as i can.
Old 09-04-2014, 12:38 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

What are u a freakin cyborg? Lol no worries man I get ya. It's just a matter of playing with the settings. Here are some pics of my throttle cut and TH from the curve menu.

Hopefully u can see my confusion
Old 09-04-2014, 07:25 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Inkslinginmofo77...
I found it easiest to just start at the beginning, one piece at a time and it just fell into place without having to think to hard...which we do often.
So turn your SK governor to "off" and open your Castle link and set your ESC to "external governor" and "fixed end points". Set the "spool rate" to 6 and "head speed change rate" to 15 and select "autorotation".
Remember to save those settings in the Castle link or it won't work...I have that tee shirt.
Now set up your TX throttle end points following the Castle instructions.
It is important to insure "autorotation" was turned on before setting up your TX throttle end points because Castle will configure the "low" throttle setting to work with "autorotation" at that time. If you have previously setup your TX throttle end points and then selected "autorotation" the throttle will not be configure to work in autorotation, it will be set to high at the low throttle position.
Just as an example with my DX9 I ended up with a low throttle position of -137 (minus 137) and 91 at the high end. Those are the numbers that show on the "Servo Setup" screen with "Travel" selected.

Now that you have the TX throttle set up to the Castle, follow the Castle instructions for autorotation bail out then follow the instructions that Omer has provided and it should work perfectly.
The only number in the SK GUI I had to adjust was the -10 number which was adjusted as per Omer's instructions.
No other number needed to be "set". They were created simply by following the steps in Omer's instructions.

The -25 number for "throttle hold" was just there when I selected throttle hold with my switch, it was created by the previous procedure.

Hope this helps...don't fixate on numbers just follow the procedure and it should work out for you.
Once you are successful in doing it the first time you will stand back and say "well that's pretty easy"....it's just getting it done the first time.
Old 09-04-2014, 12:20 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Greatly explain my Viking

For the pictures you posted - you need to choose which one will be you "autorotaion" switch. it doesn't meter which both will work.
after following the Castle video you should have positive throttle value in the chosen switch and then go back to SK and follow the procedure.

Tell us if there is something still missing.
Old 09-04-2014, 12:22 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

10-4. Thanks AVIKING for taking the time to explain. It clicks now. I super appreciate it. And thank you Omerco for being so patient with me. I looooove anything RC especially helis. I am a professional tattoo artist during the day and RC enthusiast by night. My clients think I'm a need. Lol. Anyways thanks everyone. I was thinking about taking my twin gasser engine from my baja in the pic below and putting it in my 800. But I think vibes might kill the sk features. Ideas?
Old 09-04-2014, 12:31 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Allllooooooootttttt of double sided tape!!!
Old 09-04-2014, 01:02 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

LMFAO. For some reason I don't thing double sided tape with strap down an 18 hp engine. Too many ponies to coral

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in