Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mSR X

mSR X Blade Micro SRX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2012, 03:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Oh No ! I've got a few screws loose

I've been using MH blade grips almost from the start. I've always had to preflight them and make sure the screws were snug. I could have gone the route of getting thread locker, but for just two screws I was content to just preflight them.

Well last weekend I decided to head up to the cottage, so I pulled out the RTF box and packed everything up. It's about a 1 hour drive on some very rough bits of road.

Opened up the cottage, got settled in and was ready for some flying...

As I opened up the RTF box there was a moment of horror as I discovered a blade-less mSR X.

yep, the screws had worked themselves loose from the trip and were nowhere to be found

Dammit these micro screws are rarer than hens teeth.

Maybe a good excuse to try rakon's blade grips... and from now on I'll defiantly be using locktite
DX6i Phoenix 4.0
stiletto01 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2012, 04:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Check this out

http://tmkarc1hobby.com/hardware-set...el-mh-msr001hw

Good luck and have a blast,

Mike
in2win is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2012, 04:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My RKH ones threw a blade in flight. MY FAULT! No locktite and no preflight = no excuse to bitch. Just letting you know they'll do it too. I robbed a screw from the lower bearing holder on the frame since I replace it with the BL mount.

PM me for your soldering and mSR X BL build needs.
burnoutboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2012, 06:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Well I did the unthinkable.

I robbed the head screws from my mSR and drove them into the MH grips. So great was the urge to fly. Everything is tight and she turns on a dime. we'll see how long it lasts. for now I'm back to flying
DX6i Phoenix 4.0
Old 05-29-2012, 06:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the warning -- what type loctite would you use?
cp11 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2012, 07:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

regular blue would be my choice on the locktite.

As for the head screws were they the same thread pitch or did you man handle em in?? I feel you on the will to fly man. I think I need a new board all my servos are acting wonky. I crash too much.

Old 05-29-2012, 07:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I couldn't be that lucky... the threads were different. I think I put an 0-80 into a M1

and about your board, I have a spare and would trade for a flashed ESC and HP05S
DX6i Phoenix 4.0
Old 05-29-2012, 08:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiletto01 View Post
I couldn't be that lucky... the threads were different. I think I put an 0-80 into a M1

and about your board, I have a spare and would trade for a flashed ESC and HP05S
Leaving work now, I'll send you a PM tomorrow.

Old 05-30-2012, 01:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey guys,
what I've been doing with the CNC blade grip screws ( I have the RKH grips on one and the microheli on the other ) to keep em tight is, after I get the screws the way I want them, i take a tooth pic and put just a tiny bit of hot glue on the bottom of the screw up against the base of the grip.
It does a good job of keeping the screws from backing out and if you need to take the screws out, the hot glue peels off the threads pretty easily and very cleanly.
It's been working for me on both MSRX's and the MCPX's. I just make sure I don't gob a bunch on and get anything off balance. I have tried the blue locktight, and it works but sometimes you can strip the head off the tiny screws if you happen to use to much of the blue.

Just thought I would throw that out there.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRHS View Post
Hey guys,
what I've been doing with the CNC blade grip screws ( I have the RKH grips on one and the microheli on the other ) to keep em tight is, after I get the screws the way I want them, i take a tooth pic and put just a tiny bit of hot glue on the bottom of the screw up against the base of the grip.
It does a good job of keeping the screws from backing out and if you need to take the screws out, the hot glue peels off the threads pretty easily and very cleanly.
It's been working for me on both MSRX's and the MCPX's. I just make sure I don't gob a bunch on and get anything off balance. I have tried the blue locktight, and it works but sometimes you can strip the head off the tiny screws if you happen to use to much of the blue.

Just thought I would throw that out there.
That was my concern... not being able to back out the screw if I snapped a blade. I think I like hot glue solution better.

Thanks for the tip
DX6i Phoenix 4.0

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in