Out Of Idea's - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2017, 12:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Out Of Idea's

Hello, I have been working on my Trex250 and I can not get it to hover smoothly. I't fly's fine but it is real squirrely . I have replaced servos , dampeners , main and feathering shafts , reset pitch and played with gains on the AR7200 . The swash doe's have some play in it along with some minor vertical play in the main shaft . As of now I am lost and do not know what to do. Could the play in the swash be the problem or is the AR7200 the wrong FBL for the Trex250 ??

Last edited by wizzel1; 12-25-2017 at 02:52 PM..
wizzel1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2017, 01:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Can you provide a little more description of the symptoms beyond "flies fine but is real squirrely"?
Old 12-27-2017, 04:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer View Post
Can you provide a little more description of the symptoms beyond "flies fine but is real squirrely"?
It floats around . It will not hold a steady hover
Old 12-28-2017, 06:38 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Does it not hold a lateral hover or is it not holding vertically? I know if spool mine up in the living room after wrenching (yeah I know) to check for vibes or tracking the disk will stay perfectly level but the helicopter will skitter one way or the other from all of rotor wash filling up the room. Are you getting enough height to get into clean air? Also main rotor grip bearings can cause a lot of headache, usually causing collective pitch delay/overshoot but I'm sure it effects cyclic as well. Hope you figure it out

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2
dmorrow71 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2017, 01:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzel1 View Post
along with some minor vertical play in the main shaft
Are you saying your main shaft has some up and down play in the main shaft bearing blocks?

If so you should have 0 play in the main shaft using Main Shaft Spacers Part Number H25128, trick is to have enough spacers to have no slop, however not bind when free spinning the head reverse in the OWB.

I'd remove the main blades, power her up and center your throttle stick with throttle hold on, or better yet unplug your motor leads, and check the slop with your servos powered on, if your hovering is not stable up and down and you have to hunt for the sweet spot to keep her steady, could be that slop you are mentioning in the swash and main shaft.

Also check blade tracking if you haven't already.

I used to think this 250 was sooooo stable till I got a 700 size heli, now I've come to realize my expectations of a stable hover is different now and my 250 will never be as stable as a larger bird, not seeing what your heli is doing, I'm not sure if your expectations are at the 700 size level, but thought I'd throw that out there.
QueadlunnRau is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2018, 02:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hello, It will not hold a lateral hover. I have to constantly give it commands. On my Ncpx and my Mcpx bl and my other helis they will hover without no commands for a short time. This is the only heli that I have had a LOT of problems trying to get a nice stable hover out of it. I did get rid of the vertical play in the main shaft without binding and still have the same problem I ordered a new swash and i am hoping this will get me closer to getting rid of this problem.
Old 01-04-2018, 09:57 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Had the same problem with beastx setting up a 450. What solved this was decreasing pot 2 and increasing pot 1 (cyclic gain) . Since these 2 work together you will have to decrease one to increase the other. I started with both at 3 points below mid (stock) . Ended up like 2 points above mid on pot 1 and 3 points below mid on pot 2. It calmed down alot and was superstable after
Helicrow is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2018, 09:42 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi wizzel1,

the Trex250 is much more nervous than other helis. Usually you need high headspeed (throttle 85% or higher). It is not the best heli to hover, but it is made for speed.

It helps a little to lower poti1 on AR7200BX counterclockwise (from 9 a clock to 8 a clock).
lahannsven is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2018, 11:00 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzel1 View Post
Hello, It will not hold a lateral hover. I have to constantly give it commands. On my Ncpx and my Mcpx bl and my other helis they will hover without no commands for a short time. This is the only heli that I have had a LOT of problems trying to get a nice stable hover out of it. I did get rid of the vertical play in the main shaft without binding and still have the same problem I ordered a new swash and i am hoping this will get me closer to getting rid of this problem.
I've been messing with it 250 for a long time now hovers are tricky what I ended up finally doing was just Expo it was my fingers causing it not to released a study at least try it. I have a tail bounce that I can't get rid of on mine I have there neuron 9 axis flybarless controller on it and stop gains is hard to tweek. I had some slop and added the spacers to where it could freely turn but no play some Expo for both Banks and it holds straight even in a 10 mile an hour wind it's my tail bounce that I go nuts about good luck
backshed904 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.